Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can reservations for the Swan Reserve booked through Disney be linked to MDE? I booked a vacation package almost three weeks ago and have not had any luck with the confirmation number I was given. I have called Disney multiple times and each time was told they are waiting for the resort to send them some codes? I called the resort direct to ask for a linkable MDE confirmation number. The agent couldn't find my reservation in their system. I have no way of actually viewing my booking details other than the email confirmation I received. This doesn't seem right but I can't get anyone at Disney to give me a good answer.
That is disconcerting. Your package reservation should show up on MDE within a day of booking when you go through Walt Disney Travel. I agree that it’s probably just a glitch. As long as you have that WDW confirmation I’m sure it’s fine. You should also email WDW. The one time I did that for a serious issue someone called me in a few days.

We usually book an executive suite at the Swan when in your situation. It comes with a king size sofa bed in the living/dining room and its own bathroom. It is attached to a standard room with 2 queen beds. You only pay the resort fee on the standard room. Also no additional charge for more than 2 people.

Rarely able to book online...mostly have to make a call to book the Exec Suite.

How much does an executive suite run per night?

How much does an executive suite run per night?

In 2018 (the last time we needed the suite) the per night price was $460.75 w/o tax or fees.

In 2021 the per night price was $541.00 w/o taxes or fees. This was booked in June for our November trip...I checked regularly for any reductions.

Not sure if we would do it again rather than just getting two rooms.

We really liked having a dining room, living room and the entire wall of windows...sigh...and knowing for sure that your rooms will be connected.

Tough call.
Good luck.

I booked this room for New Year's week. Did you have anyone sleep on the pullout? If so, how was it? We are 4 adults and will bring a blowup mattress for the 4th adult and will bring a second one if the pullout is awful. Thanks.
Yes! One of my daughters slept on it and she said that it was just fine. We loved the room.

In 2018 (the last time we needed the suite) the per night price was $460.75 w/o tax or fees.

In 2021 the per night price was $541.00 w/o taxes or fees. This was booked in June for our November trip...I checked regularly for any reductions.

Not sure if we would do it again rather than just getting two rooms.

We really liked having a dining room, living room and the entire wall of windows...sigh...and knowing for sure that your rooms will be connected.

Tough call.
Good luck.

That's not bad for three beds and a separate living area. Do you have to book via phone or online?

That's not bad for three beds and a separate living area. Do you have to book via phone or online?

2 queens in the standard room and the living room sofa is a king size sleeper, however we did pay extra ($25) for the roll away twin (very nice mattress on the twin). The sofa bed needs to be updated. The same person slept on it in 2018 and said it was not as comfortable. Actually I don't think they charged us for the rollaway, since we complained about the sofa bed. I'll check my statement.

It suited us fine and we enjoyed the separate but together aspect.

Back in the early 2000's we booked online but the last two times we had to call.

@marye_nelson Yikes! That's just crazy. Can you imagine if you'd just shown up and found nothing on the system? Let us know what you find out.
Good news, I think. I got a call yesterday from guest services. There was in fact an "inventory issue" with my reservation. The two-bedroom suite I booked at SR is not available for my dates. The cast member offered me two rooms at the Contemporary - one garden wing deluxe room connecting to a garden wing room, both with garden views. Since my main priorities were 1) two bedrooms and 2) walking distance to either MK or Epcot, I took the offer. I'm wishing now I had asked for a couple of extras to compensate for all the hassle they put me through, like free parking and/or Genie+ for the length of my stay. But the call came when I was in the middle of something else and not really thinking clearly. I guess in the end I'm just glad I persisted - it would have been a real bummer to get to Disney next month and not have any place to stay.

Good news, I think. I got a call yesterday from guest services. There was in fact an "inventory issue" with my reservation. The two-bedroom suite I booked at SR is not available for my dates. The cast member offered me two rooms at the Contemporary - one garden wing deluxe room connecting to a garden wing room, both with garden views. Since my main priorities were 1) two bedrooms and 2) walking distance to either MK or Epcot, I took the offer. I'm wishing now I had asked for a couple of extras to compensate for all the hassle they put me through, like free parking and/or Genie+ for the length of my stay. But the call came when I was in the middle of something else and not really thinking clearly. I guess in the end I'm just glad I persisted - it would have been a real bummer to get to Disney next month and not have any place to stay.
Glad they worked with you. You are still close to 3 parks. Walk to mk, monorail to Epcot and sky liner from Epcot to HS if you hop. Bay lake is beautiful I hope you have a great trip.

@marye_nelson glad it worked out, sorry for the heartache. Seems odd those rooms were in inventory in the first place as I thought most of those over at S/D were booked only by calling. Have a great trip!

That's a great trade! Contemporary is our favorite and we are big fans of the Garden Wing rooms. Enjoy!

Can DH and I take an Uber to the Swan/Dolphin to walk around crescent lake and catch the skyliner? I know it’s hard to drive to a disney resort without a reservation

If anyone is curious, I called the SR yesterday to add a guest onto my reservation next week. Within 24 hours I was able to relink my reservation on MDE without issue and select the second guest from my friends and family list. I have been trying to get everything in line for ILL selections since hearing ROTR is selling out before park opening time. I am coordinating 4 SR reservations for 7 people next week. Hoping all goes well.

Hi all! Starting to make some plans for our February trip. Any rumors on the return of the car rental agencies to the Dolphin? Or are we guessing they are gone for good?

@JulieODC I think they will come back, but not anytime soon. Need conventions to return and rental car fleets to get filled. As to when, could easily be 2023. You might use the S/D app and test them to see, at least Car Care center is still open

Thanks! We never rent a car, but have to for this trip - hoping to find a decent deal for a return at the car care center or near Disney springs.

@JulieODC I think they will come back, but not anytime soon. Need conventions to return and rental car fleets to get filled. As to when, could easily be 2023. You might use the S/D app and test them to see, at least Car Care center is still open

Thanks! We never rent a car, but have to for this trip - hoping to find a decent deal for a return at the car care center or near Disney springs.
The return at Dolphin was great, also check rates if there are other hotels that have rentals by then, most of them are only a quick Uber ride away, though CCC is the closest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter