• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We're going to the Swan for the first time in September so early entry and other Disney perks aren't a big deal since they're not available to anyone. If we were going in October when the early entry is an option, we would be switching to a Disney resort. In that regard, I'm glad we're getting to stay before doing so would be less worthwhile as I'm very interested in being able to walk to HS and Epcot and staying at the Swan saved us about $1000.

We're going to the Swan for the first time in September so early entry and other Disney perks aren't a big deal since they're not available to anyone. If we were going in October when the early entry is an option, we would be switching to a Disney resort. In that regard, I'm glad we're getting to stay before doing so would be less worthwhile as I'm very interested in being able to walk to HS and Epcot and staying at the Swan saved us about $1000.
Unfortunately there isn’t much availability left for Disney resort for October dates so many of us are stuck with what we have.

So is the 20% AAA discount on food eaten while using the cabana or all food purchased during your stay at Swan and Dolphin? Trying to nail down all of these discounts. This trip is costing a fortune and I feel like we are getting far less.
I haven’t tried the discount other than on the food in the cabana.

Hi everyone! My family and I stayed at the Swan last month for the first time and I wanted to provide a recap of our experiences. Thanks to everyone for the information and discussion on this thread. It was immensely helpful in preparing for our trip!

We stayed in a King room with a balcony on the 3rd floor of the West Wing. We had a great view of Crescent lake and spent many nights just sitting on the balcony (though we did get bit up so bring the bug spray). The bed was as heavenly as advertised. My daughter (age 10) slept on the sofa bed and complained about the bars. The mattress was foam and thicker then normal sofa beds but still uncomfortable. We ended up putting the couch cushions under the mattress and that helped a lot.

The shower was probably even more heavenly than the bed. It had a fantastic rain shower head and also a handheld one. Their mirrors also had some of the best lighting I've ever seen. I know there is no way my 40 something face looked as good as that mirror made me look, but at this age I'll take it.

Beyond the room the location of course cannot be beat. We walked to Epcot and MGM most days as we found it quicker than the boat. MGM is the longer walk (about a mile by the time you get inside the park) and Epcot is only about half of that. Other days we used the bus stop at the Boardwalk which we could leave our room and be at in less than 10 minutes. Coming back it was nice to have the option of Boardwalk or Yacht Club busses so we could take whatever came first.

As far as amenities the main pool was pretty crowded most days so we stuck to the Swan quiet pool most of the time. We also ate at both Il Mulino and BlueZoo which were delicious and found Fuel great for snacks and beverages. Housekeeping came just every 4 days which turned out to be fine. We did run low on coffee one time but were able to get some more with no problem.

There was a convention going on in the hotel, which we'd expected, but this one was something called the Beta club which translated to large groups of teenagers swarming the hotel. None were problematic but definitely loud and not exactly what I was expecting conventioneers to be in such a nice hotel.

Overall we loved our first stay at the Swan and will most definitely be back. This was definitely a deluxe level resort but with moderate prices. I'd venture to say with the proximity to the parks, transportation options, all of the pools, and restaurant options, the Swan and Dolphin collectively has more to offer than any singular Disney hotel.

Hi everyone! My family and I stayed at the Swan last month for the first time and I wanted to provide a recap of our experiences. Thanks to everyone for the information and discussion on this thread. It was immensely helpful in preparing for our trip!

We stayed in a King room with a balcony on the 3rd floor of the West Wing. We had a great view of Crescent lake and spent many nights just sitting on the balcony (though we did get bit up so bring the bug spray). The bed was as heavenly as advertised. My daughter (age 10) slept on the sofa bed and complained about the bars. The mattress was foam and thicker then normal sofa beds but still uncomfortable. We ended up putting the couch cushions under the mattress and that helped a lot.

The shower was probably even more heavenly than the bed. It had a fantastic rain shower head and also a handheld one. Their mirrors also had some of the best lighting I've ever seen. I know there is no way my 40 something face looked as good as that mirror made me look, but at this age I'll take it.

Beyond the room the location of course cannot be beat. We walked to Epcot and MGM most days as we found it quicker than the boat. MGM is the longer walk (about a mile by the time you get inside the park) and Epcot is only about half of that. Other days we used the bus stop at the Boardwalk which we could leave our room and be at in less than 10 minutes. Coming back it was nice to have the option of Boardwalk or Yacht Club busses so we could take whatever came first.

As far as amenities the main pool was pretty crowded most days so we stuck to the Swan quiet pool most of the time. We also ate at both Il Mulino and BlueZoo which were delicious and found Fuel great for snacks and beverages. Housekeeping came just every 4 days which turned out to be fine. We did run low on coffee one time but were able to get some more with no problem.

There was a convention going on in the hotel, which we'd expected, but this one was something called the Beta club which translated to large groups of teenagers swarming the hotel. None were problematic but definitely loud and not exactly what I was expecting conventioneers to be in such a nice hotel.

Overall we loved our first stay at the Swan and will most definitely be back. This was definitely a deluxe level resort but with moderate prices. I'd venture to say with the proximity to the parks, transportation options, all of the pools, and restaurant options, the Swan and Dolphin collectively has more to offer than any singular Disney hotel.
Thanks for the great report, Kari. Makes me want to be there, now!! Sounds like a great trip.

Shades of Green isn't listed as participating in early entry. The JW Marriott in Bonnet Creek isn't participating but the Hilton properties in Bonnet Creek are.

TOTAL newbie here (who is dreaming of a Swan/ Dolphin stay for proximity!) and I’m trying to figure out where to find these great prices everyone talks about. 😅 When I look at Marriott website or even online travel deal sites, the prices I see for Swan & Dolphin are not cheaper than Disney moderates. What am I missing?

(Just got my first couple of rewards credit cards to start using points). 🎉

Thanks everyone for all the great info here.

jbock- I appreciate your review and can understand the disappointment. I'm in the minority but I don't care about our view as we spend little time in the room. We consider Swan/Dolphin the best secret in WDW. I HATE exterior hallways and love being able to walk to Epcot!! The prices are less than moderates with Disney. I love the pool area and find the grounds as nice as Disney. The restaurants are plentiful and good. I love the CR but Disney deluxe rates this December are over $700 and we refuse to pay it. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

1. Has anyone had recent experiences with having bags transferred from a Disney resort to S/D?
We transferred bags from Swan to Boardwalk in June. Upon check-in, Swan told us it would "depend if they had a driver" on the day we were to switch hotels. I got friendly with a bellman in the meanwhile since we were rope dropping HS on the day we were to switch and I needed to make sure our bags would indeed be taken around 7am when we left and transferred to the Boardwalk before we returned in the early evening. The bellman assured me he would make sure that happened and it did - so grateful! They were very short staffed, especially at the Boardwalk, so things were very uncertain it seemed but as they add more staff you should be able to count on the luggage transfer to Disney Hotels.

TOTAL newbie here (who is dreaming of a Swan/ Dolphin stay for proximity!) and I’m trying to figure out where to find these great prices everyone talks about. 😅 When I look at Marriott website or even online travel deal sites, the prices I see for Swan & Dolphin are not cheaper than Disney moderates. What am I missing?

I'm in Canada and used Air Canada Vacations and got an 8 night stay for 300 dollars canadian more than a stay at an all star resort.

We are able to get the employee rate so our savings is huge. I do know some people find good rates online under the different travel websites.

Keep in mind that some of the deals during the last 6 months will be hard to beat, as occupancy was down and S/D was doing some great deals to get heads in the beds. Doesn't mean there will not be more, but keep checking the deal sites, and S/D too. Food & Wine runs July 15, 2021 through November 20, 2021 then we're into the Holidays, which are all busy. Summer at WDW is not as busy as one would think in normal years due to the heat & humidity. When are you looking to go?

We use AAA to get the Swan for ~$155 May 21 - 27. We booked in April.

Depending on occupancy when you want to go, you may not be able to get that low of a rate.

But just doing a quick check of AAA rate for Aug 13-17, Swan is $221 for a traditional no view room. Pop is $175, Caribbean Beach is $276 and Coronado is $313 with the 25% summer discount. (Yacht Club is $431 if you want to compare location)

Time of year, occupancy levels, when you book, and eligibility for special rates all make a difference. A lot of the rates you've seen posted here over the last year were pandemic rates to get bodies in beds. Given the 50th and "revenge travel" are pushing occupancy back to "normal" levels, the screaming deals have largely disappeared.

If you are eligible, check discount rates. AAA, AARP, Educator, Healthcare, Military, Government, Bonvoy, etc.

I did the Swan Xmas week 2020, and got an amazing AAA rate, average $170/night.
Few months ago, I reserved Xmas week this year at the Dolphin for an average of $238/night, AAA rate. If I were to book it today, same rate, same time, $293/night. (Cancellable rates, BTW)

Swan cancellable AAA rate for that timeframe is $371 (it was $340-something when I first looked months ago).

For comparison, Pop starts at $291 for Xmas week.

Last edited:
I play around with dates and punch in the different discounts, for me that is AAA, Senior Citizen or Bonvoy member. My travel plans are usually very open so by playing with a range of dates, I'm usually able to find something with one of those discounts. I booked a King Bed Premium Deluxe Room (sort of mini-suite) for the week of Sept. 6 (didn't realize that was Labor Day) for 3 adults for the same price I could get a suite at AoA. Now AoA is more expensive than most Value resorts and suites are even more expensive but I figured I'd give up that extra bathroom for a semi-deluxe resort within walking distance of our two favorite parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter