Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are doing a bigger family trip next May (14 people ages 11 months-74 years). I just booked Dolphin with my mom. The rest of the family is staying at Beach Club, but that was not in the budget for us, so we decided to try Dolphin-we've never stayed in a non-Disney owned resort and hope we didn't make a mistake. I have a few questions I hope people can help me out with.

1. I watched a YouTube video of a room tour and the room shown did not have a mini-fridge and that was a con for the host of the video-it would be for us as well. The site says the rooms have fridges, so I am wondering if that room was an anomaly.

2. Are there doors to the outside at the end of the East tower you can go out to get over to Yacht/Beach or do you have to go out the main lobby doors?

3. Has anyone done the Quick Service dining card? I am just wondering if it is accepted at pretty much all Disney Owned QS locations and food kiosks? Would it be able to be used at Flower and Garden Kiosks? (I know I can't use it in any places at Swan/Dolphin)

I am sure I will think of more questions, but this is what is on my mind right now. Thanks in advance for all the help these boards give!

Kristi

Man this feels like it's not gonna be ready for Sept...
I'm inclined to agree, but hard to tell just from a few photos but sure doesn't look like it's going to be ready in 2 months.

The one room photo also sure made the room look very small, at least to me, hopefully just a bad camera angel or lens.

...I am sure I will think of more questions, but this is what is on my mind right now. Thanks in advance for all the help these boards give! Kristi
Welcome Kristi!
1 Yes they have mini fridges, they are in the cabinet with the drawers under the TV.
2 I can't say, hopefully somebody else knows.
3 According to the Disney Quick Service Dining Cards page yes, "The Disney Quick-Service Dining Card can only be redeemed at select Quick-Service restaurants including counter service, fast casual, food trucks, food carts, kiosks and more at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, water parks and Disney Springs Area."

We are doing a bigger family trip next May (14 people ages 11 months-74 years). I just booked Dolphin with my mom. The rest of the family is staying at Beach Club, but that was not in the budget for us, so we decided to try Dolphin-we've never stayed in a non-Disney owned resort and hope we didn't make a mistake. I have a few questions I hope people can help me out with.

1. I watched a YouTube video of a room tour and the room shown did not have a mini-fridge and that was a con for the host of the video-it would be for us as well. The site says the rooms have fridges, so I am wondering if that room was an anomaly.

2. Are there doors to the outside at the end of the East tower you can go out to get over to Yacht/Beach or do you have to go out the main lobby doors?

3. Has anyone done the Quick Service dining card? I am just wondering if it is accepted at pretty much all Disney Owned QS locations and food kiosks? Would it be able to be used at Flower and Garden Kiosks? (I know I can't use it in any places at Swan/Dolphin)

I am sure I will think of more questions, but this is what is on my mind right now. Thanks in advance for all the help these boards give!

Kristi

1) all rooms I've been in had a mini fridge

2) Yes, when we went your exit there.

3) Haven't done it, as it requires you to book a WDW Package (I've never booked S/D with Disney). But if you booked a package with WDW, I'd expect it to be just like QS dining credits with the DDP.

Update to our cabana stay, AAA discount was applied to the cabana charge and food but not to drinks. The discount is 20%. Very nice saving!
So is the 20% AAA discount on food eaten while using the cabana or all food purchased during your stay at Swan and Dolphin? Trying to nail down all of these discounts. This trip is costing a fortune and I feel like we are getting far less.

So is the 20% AAA discount on food eaten while using the cabana or all food purchased during your stay at Swan and Dolphin? Trying to nail down all of these discounts. This trip is costing a fortune and I feel like we are getting far less.
Applies to pretty much, if not all, non signature restaurants.

@Dan Murphy do you, or anyone know if Picabu is till taking on the automatic gratuity charge?

@tripplanner2 any reason why? They have some of the best signature restaurants on property.

Just don't really need a long and expensive meal at Disney. We go for the fun experiences more than the adult dining. We look for themed, fun dining experiences or just grab something to fill tummies.

@Dan Murphy thanks, answers that question. I still hate forced "tipping" but I will say we really enjoyed our breakfasts at Picabu when we were there. I was hoping they'd moved away from that charge, I always assumed it was there due to conventioneers not tipping at a mostly self-serve buffet.

@Dan Murphy thanks, answers that question. I still hate forced "tipping" but I will say we really enjoyed our breakfasts at Picabu when we were there. I was hoping they'd moved away from that charge, I always assumed it was there due to conventioneers not tipping at a mostly self-serve buffet.
When we've eaten there, I still add a few dollars on the table, or hand directly to the person working our table. I have no idea how that 13% gets spilt up. I want the person who is taking care of us, albeit not a lot required, to at least have something. I've always left tip money there, though since the 13%, probably a little less. The AAA discount does help some.

I know somewhere in these 700 pages theres an answer to this so sorry in advance..... I'm thinking about switching my stay from BC to Swan in November. My questions is, can I still make ADR's 60 days in advance for my entire stay if staying at the Swan AND will the Swan reservation show up on MDE?
thank you!

I know somewhere in these 700 pages theres an answer to this so sorry in advance..... I'm thinking about switching my stay from BC to Swan in November. My questions is, can I still make ADR's 60 days in advance for my entire stay if staying at the Swan AND will the Swan reservation show up on MDE?
thank you!
Yes to both questions.

Man this feels like it's not gonna be ready for Sept...
I'm continuing to remain optimistic (arrival date Sept 26)...but that type of thinking resulted in me not cancelling my AP last year and missing out on the refund.

Well... Mouse prices for next week were just too much for me so I'll be back at the Swan from 7/11-7/13. Hoping I get the parlor upgrade again as I'll be taking my dad and the extra room would sure help. Can't believe Disney mods are going for $300 a night. Absolutely disgusting to pay that for one of those rooms.

thank you!
As previously answered, yes to both. You do have to manually add your hotel reservation to MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter