• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I agree with @Dan Murphy we needed to show it each time, sort of laughed after day 4 same person at the check out stand, same time of day smiled asked to see my card... rules are rules.

Disney just released the list of hotels eligible for early entry beginning Oct 1. I don't see Swan and Dolphin listed. Am I missing it? I thought S/D said they would be included?

Disney just released the list of hotels eligible for early entry beginning Oct 1. I don't see Swan and Dolphin listed. Am I missing it? I thought S/D said they would be included?
people are saying its not up to date.. who knows at this point lol

We want to be there with a balcony 26th April - 7th May 2022 and it's looking really pricey at the moment.
It's about $6,000 for an 11 night stay, $535 per night for a couple and that's non refundable!

It's seeming pricier by the week, with the benefits appearing to be diminishing.
I almost booked a reservation and then noticed the non -refund and also a one day cancel refund disclosure… so definitely verify the fine print warning!

Is there a number for us to call to
Find out? I assume the typical Disney CM won’t know.
People who called Disney were told what was on the list is correct the people who called swan were told it's wrong and they are meant to be on the early hours..I don't know what numbers folks used tho.

We're staying at S/D in October. I have a few quick questions:

1. Has anyone had recent experiences with having bags transferred from a Disney resort to S/D?
2. Any word on when camp Dolphin might reopen?
3. What's the best option to get to MCO from S/D? I'd prefer not to use Uber/Lyft.

Thanks!

Not sure when this list came out but Disneyfoodblog had a link to it they just posted. Swan and Dolphin are not on the early entry list that starts on October 1st.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/

That is the most current and up to date list because it includes the resorts they just announced openings for like All Stars and Port Orleans, which were not on the original list released before their reopenings were announced this week.

If Swan and Dolphin were supposed to be on there, they’d be on there. It’s clear (IMO) that Marriott is choosing not to pay whatever fee Disney is charging, or they’re still negotiating.

... It’s clear (IMO) that Marriott is choosing not to pay whatever fee Disney is charging, or they’re still negotiating.
I hope you keep in mind this is not a Marriott decision. The SwanDolphinReserve are own privately by the Tishman group, they license the Marriott name. Tishman also owns several Orland hotels including Homewood Suites Orlando Theme Parks, Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista plus a bunch of other hotel and retail locations across the US. While I’m sure that Tishman has some say, my gut says the GM at the SDR has the majority of the say.

Personally I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the negotiations to see if the pull back from offering these is all about the money or other aspects.

I hope you keep in mind this is not a Marriott decision. The SwanDolphinReserve are own privately by the Tishman group, they license the Marriott name. Tishman also owns several Orland hotels including Homewood Suites Orlando Theme Parks, Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista plus a bunch of other hotel and retail locations across the US. While I’m sure that Tishman has some say, my gut says the GM at the SDR has the majority of the say.

Personally I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the negotiations to see if the pull back from offering these is all about the money or other aspects.

Ok then it’s Tischman, or the GM at SDR. Or another executive. The main point here is that Swan and Dolphin not being on this list is not (IMO) a mistake.

Ok then it’s Tischman, or the GM at SDR. Or another executive. The main point here is that Swan and Dolphin not being on this list is not (IMO) a mistake.
Perhaps a mistake in judgement by the powers that be?

It is interesting that the current GM joined the Swan/Dolphin 1+ years ago, after the prior (longtime) GM accepted a position at a pair of deluxe non-Disney, non-Marriott properties in the area. Those two properties appear on the list for early park hours.

Last edited:
Perhaps a mistake in judgement by the powers that be?

It is interesting that the current GM joined the Swan/Dolphin 1+ years ago, after the prior (longtime) GM accepted a position at a pair of deluxe non-Disney, non-Marriott properties in the area. Those two properties appear on the list for early park hours.
Your comment encouraged me to jump in the rabbit hole called google to see about the GMs of S&D - wow. A whole bunch of names pop up with Sean Verney being the latest and Fred Sawyers there from 2013-2020 and you're right jumped over to Hilton and Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek, oddly enough same thing happened back in 2007-2008 when Peter Kacheris jumped after less then a year. But at least 4 other names in that mix that I can't find complete dates with; Steven Stella, Rajaa Boutaba and Paul Scott in 2011. I don't know the industry very well but sure seems like a lot of turn over.

This very well could be a drawn out negotiation with transportation playing a role here too, Disney could be trying to distance S/D from their resorts after years of getting some preferential treatment.

I fear that the S&D doesn’t have much leverage in those negotiations. S&D loses huge amounts of business if they can no longer offer onsite perks. And Disney gains a lot from diminishing the desirability of these uniquely located competing hotels that otherwise undercut Disney’s obscene prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter