• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone get confirmation on whether the swan/dolphin will be eligible for early entry or the newly announced evening hours for deluxe hotels?
I'm pretty sure I saw Swan/Dolphin listed for the early entry but haven't seen anything about the evening hours for deluxe...

Quick follow up for those who were wondering about the Bonvoy breakfast vouchers - I’m at the Swan now and have been able to use them at Java in the afternoons and evenings for wine and snacks without issue. (I’m not a big breakfast person). I tried to use one for a bottle of wine last night at Fuel at the Dolphin and was told not only could I not use it for wine, but that it had to be used at breakfast time. YMMV but I’ve had no problems at Java the past 4 days - they even let me double them up today and apply my AAA discount since Fuel wouldn’t accept the voucher last night.

I have a conundrum around groceries. We are staying at the Swan soon - first time there, I had Bonvoy points that needed to be used, lol. I've always stayed at Disney resorts before and used Garden Grocer or Amazon. But I read that Swan and Dolphin don't accept grocery deliveries.

Our flights get in at 11. I know our car service will do a grocery store stop, but I don't see any 24 hour stores.

Any suggestions? I am thinking my best bet will be to get an Uber to a nearby store the 2nd day.

I have a conundrum around groceries. We are staying at the Swan soon - first time there, I had Bonvoy points that needed to be used, lol. I've always stayed at Disney resorts before and used Garden Grocer or Amazon. But I read that Swan and Dolphin don't accept grocery deliveries.

Our flights get in at 11. I know our car service will do a grocery store stop, but I don't see any 24 hour stores.

Any suggestions? I am thinking my best bet will be to get an Uber to a nearby store the 2nd day.
You can use Amazon Prime Now. You pick a 2 hour delivery window. Amazon will text you about what time they will be there and then the driver follows upo with texts as they get closer. You meet them in the lobby.

Anyone get confirmation on whether the swan/dolphin will be eligible for early entry or the newly announced evening hours for deluxe hotels?

I heard that the Swan/Dolphin will be included in the early entry....but only Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa guests get to enjoy extended evening hours.

So is the Dolphin considered a Deluxe?

I heard that the Swan/Dolphin will be included in the early entry....but only Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa guests get to enjoy extended evening hours.

So is the Dolphin considered a Deluxe?
Nothign is 100% certain yet, but see Post #14,586 above.

Nothign is 100% certain yet, but see Post #14,586 above.

In the resort category filter from the Disney Resort page, Swan & Dolphin fall under "Other Select Deluxe Hotels" as opposed to the other 2 deluxe options - "Deluxe Villas" and "Deluxe Resort Hotels." The word "Other" feels exclusionary though the fact that it is included in the list at all could imply otherwise. Like others, my gut feeling points toward the early morning entry but not the extended hours after close.

There may be contractual provisions in the lease agreement.
The Swan and Dolphin are allowed to use Walt Disney World as part of the hotel name. DCL used to book cruise land package guests in the Swan Dolphin. Guests in S D get complimentary theme parking.

I don't know which of those perks are contractual and which is Disney being "nice"

Is it true that they aren’t running busses to Mk anymore from the dolphin & that drop you off at TTC?

Is it true that they aren’t running busses to Mk anymore from the dolphin & that drop you off at TTC?
Yes. Mears buses are currently in use for the S/D, not the Disney buses. You could walk over to the Y&BC or BW and get dropped off at the MK bus depot. Also, could take those back when when returning to the S/D. A little extra walk using either service.

Yes. Mears buses are currently in use for the S/D, not the Disney buses. You could walk over to the Y&BC or BW and get dropped off at the MK bus depot. Also, could take those back when when returning to the S/D. A little extra walk using either service.
Thanks! Didn’t think about that!

My apologies if this has been covered previously. We are staying at the Swan around Labor Day for the first time so we can be within walking distance to Epcot and HS. I know it's better to grab the Y&BC or BW shuttle to get to MK. My question is if we're trying to do this to get to MK for Rope Drop, how does that work. Do we just walk over to the bus stop by going around to the front of either hotel or do you need to and can you go through the hotels to access their shuttles? It's been years since we stayed onsite and I don't remember any sort of hotel staff verifying that people in line were staying onsite. Is that the case at these two hotels?

Also, which hotel has the better morning coffee, Swan or Dolphin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter