Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We just got back from the Dolphin. I was traveling with my two college age daughters, so we were looking for a little bit of extra space. I booked the "1 king bed, sofabed, premium deluxe suite, limited view" which ended up having an incredible view of Tower of Terror. There was plenty of space to spread out. In addition to the separate bedroom with a king size bed and desk, there was a large living area with a queen sofabed, chair, and dining table and chairs for 4. It was a beautiful room.

Video of the room:

I did the online check in through Marriott, but never got a text/key/alert, so I checked in through the regular line.

We walked to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and park hopped to the Magic Kingdom. Returning from the MK, we took the bus to the Boardwalk and walked to the Dolphin. Since we had a car, we drove to Animal Kingdom to get there early. We did use Dolphin transportation to get to Disney Springs and it was a Mears bus that had seating like the Magical Express...very nice.

There was NO housekeeping service at all, but we asked for water bottles every day. I mean, if we're paying the resort fee, the least we can get was some water, right?

The night before we checked out, a very large group of teens, probably high school age, checked into the resort and made their presence known. I'm a high school teacher and have a very high tolerance to teenagers and children, in general, but this group was the most ill-behaved group I've ever experienced. (I've been at Disney/Dolphin with cheerleaders, dancers, band kids, and Brazilian chanting 15 year olds and they are angels compared to this brood.) The group was noisy, slamming doors and running up and down the hallways. Bless any regular guests in the hotel right now.

At 11:15, the fire alarm was pulled and an announcement was going off in the hotel about having to evacuate the building. The evacuation process was not good and the stairwells were full, complicated by the large number of children who thought the fire alarm was fun. I wonder how someone with mobility issues would leave the building in a fire emergency. We were on the west side, but walked around to the front of the building, thinking that it would be a better place to get information about when it was safe to re-enter the building. We were not outside for long, but no information was provided about the alarm, whether it was a false alarm, fire in a kitchen, etc...I really think that a mass text message or sign should have been posted to notify people about the situation.

In all, I love the Dolphin, but am looking forward to the return of housekeeping, especially for longer stays and am disappointed by the lack of communication during and after the building had to be evacuated.

I'm glad you posted your opinion about this group. We were there M-F... the teens were on their balconies at midnight shouting to their friends on the balconies of other floors. 10 min lines for the elevator. Jumping in the big Dolphin fountain....I couldn't take it. We switched from the Dolphin to the Swan and it was better, but I felt a little Karen-y or maybe like I'd been in the house hiding from covid too long and forgot what teenagers were like? Anyway I'm definitely one and done with the Dolphin. The larger bed size and shorter hallways in the Swan made the difference, in addition to having fewer spaces for hundreds of teens to congregate. Our experience was based on circumstance though- we have stayed before and liked it better than Poly that trip.

I'm glad you posted your opinion about this group. We were there M-F... the teens were on their balconies at midnight shouting to their friends on the balconies of other floors. 10 min lines for the elevator. Jumping in the big Dolphin fountain....I couldn't take it. We switched from the Dolphin to the Swan and it was better, but I felt a little Karen-y or maybe like I'd been in the house hiding from covid too long and forgot what teenagers were like? Anyway I'm definitely one and done with the Dolphin. The larger bed size and shorter hallways in the Swan made the difference, in addition to having fewer spaces for hundreds of teens to congregate. Our experience was based on circumstance though- we have stayed before and liked it better than Poly that trip.

Yeah, I had never experienced anything like this group. I'm a mom of 4 and a teacher who has a lot of experience around children, (multiple trips with UDA and cheer at Coronado and Pop) so that's saying something. Where were the chaperones?? It seemed to be a complete free for all. I felt badly for the hotel staff and any other guest.

Do we just walk over to the bus stop by going around to the front of either hotel or do you need to and can you go through the hotels to access their shuttles? It's been years since we stayed onsite and I don't remember any sort of hotel staff verifying that people in line were staying onsite.

While I've not yet stayed at Swolphin (our first time will be in September), we've always stayed at the YC/BC since our honeymoon in 1994. They've never checked at the bus stop for resort proof. The only place you have to verify your resort is at the pool. As the previous poster mentioned, simply walk through the hotel and go right to the bus stop :)

You can use Amazon Prime Now. You pick a 2 hour delivery window. Amazon will text you about what time they will be there and then the driver follows upo with texts as they get closer. You meet them in the lobby.
I was told by Dolphin concierge to meet the Amazon delivery person and receive the groceries myself. I did this on the first day and the bell hops were very nice to help me bring the bags to my room. When I ordered groceries a second time, I missed the text messages but learned that someone from the hotel received the groceries for me and kept it at bell hop for me. They were very nice about it, too!

Swan and Dolphin are not on the early entry list.
Strange since S&D are still considered Deluxe.
It does seem strange, as other non-Disney owned properties are listed. I wonder if it is an oversight, or if there has been a falling out. The Disney booking engine still sells Swan and Dolphin packages on its own site.

The list on Disney’s site says that those resorts approved for early entry “include” those properties.

Another couple data points to add to the confusion about when the one-night deposit is charged.

- Reservation made May 16th for an end of July stay at the Dolphin - still no charge.
- Reservations made yesterday at the Swan and the Swan Reserve for marathon weekend in January - deposits pending on my credit card account today.

:confused3

Walk through the lobbies at YC/BC. There is an outside walkway at BW, it's to the side of the back balcony/porch and up some stairs. Most times YC/BC share buses, YC is the first stop.

Marriott in general? Look at all the Disney Springs hotels, but the JW isn't included either. This really stinks--we are/were so excited about our upcoming Swan stay and were hoping these extra perks started back up again (we aren't going for a few months). But try to book anything on our dates, and $$$$$$. Really disappointing.

Same boat with you. I have booked 10 nights at Swan during Christmas and New year. Have to alter our plan. Hope it will change.

Ok, my sister just sent me something from a different forum, someone posting that S&D will be included in the future, and this was just an oversight....so who knows. Guess we will have to wait and see. We will keep our plans regardless, as we are a heavy Epcot and DHS family. I will stay hopeful!

We are considering a stay at the Dolphin in mid December of this year because all the other moderates and deluxes are so expensive, and I’m not very hopeful that there will be any good discounts coming. We’ve never stayed there before, and I was just wondering if there are any differences between this resort and other wdw deluxe resorts that I’m unaware of. I’ve read the following:

-ME is not included
-60 days plus length of stay for ADR bookings is not available (have to come back each day to book more ADRs)
-Daily resort fee
-Non-Disney buses to MK, AK & DS
-May not be included in the early park entry/extra evening hours?

Am I missing anything or is any of this incorrect? I just want to know what I’m agreeing to before I decide to stay there. TIA!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter