Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

What's the best way to get to from the airport (MCO) with 2 kiddos both needing a booster seat? In the past, we did a split stay on the front and back end of our Dolphin Stay and used Magical Express. Hoping to not break the bank, but would be willing to pay more so we don't have to lug 2 booster seats along with us.

Did bus service to the parks stop at S/D?
No, but the buses are operated by Mears, now. The drop-off location will be at the TTC for MK and the
The article, which is from last year, has outdated info on the boat transportation to EP and DHS. The Friendship boats were placed back into service a while back; so the transportation to those two parks is the same as the Disney resorts on Crescent Lake.

The article, which is from last year, has outdated info on the boat transportation to EP and DHS. The Friendship boats were placed back into service a while back; so the transportation to those two parks is the same as the Disney resorts on Crescent Lake.
That's what I get for not reading the full article. Thanks for clarifying, Gitelfor.

What's the best way to get to from the airport (MCO) with 2 kiddos both needing a booster seat? In the past, we did a split stay on the front and back end of our Dolphin Stay and used Magical Express. Hoping to not break the bank, but would be willing to pay more so we don't have to lug 2 booster seats along with us.

I have Tiffany Towncsr booked for next week.

We have used Orlando Limo Tours several times. I want to say we paid $10 for each booster, but I may be mistaken. However, one time they only bought one booster. Our driver said that they only had 2 available and another driver needed one, so since I had a 6 year old and FL law says they don’t NEED a booster legally, they gave mine to another car. I was not happy obviously. But I mention this to say that if you are pre-booking a car service with a booster, make sure you listed your kids’ ages as 5 or under if they aren’t.

One other tip I’ll mention is we had Bubble Bum seats. After the missing booster time, we bought them for travel. Two of them together are about the size of one booster, and prob 1/10 as heavy, so they were great for travel when we needed them.

Just returned yesterday from the Dolphin for six nights. Walked to Boardwalk each morning for MK and AK and arrived by 6:30 am. The busses arrived between 6:45 and 7 each morning we were there. The crowds arrived by 6:40.

I looked up the scent for the Dolphin lobby and it says it’s mandarin and mint. Does anyone else think it smells like Laila?

We went to the pools in the late afternoon and they were not busy at all!

How do you get to the Boardwalk busses from the Swan? Do you have to enter the hotel or can you get there from the Swan remaining outside without going through the Boardwalk hotel lobby?

How do you get to the Boardwalk busses from the Swan? Do you have to enter the hotel or can you get there from the Swan remaining outside without going through the Boardwalk hotel lobby?
You can walk over to the walkway to the Studios running behind the BW. Walk along until you get to the pool area of the BW. Head into that area, into the BW and out the front to bus area.

Map...S/D and BW area

Our family of 4 stayed at Swan for 2 nights last week. We enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again. Here is what we experienced in case it helps someone lucky enough to be staying there in the near future. :)

The reservation did disappear from my MDE plan page as well the week prior. No big deal - just re-linked it and it was fine. I am not even sure if I needed to re-link. I was able to make ADRs 60 days out plus length of stay at Swan.

Marriott platinum member perks: Used points to book a room with 2 queen beds with no view. Our Suite Night Award request cleared 5 days before stay and we got a king alcove room with balcony. 3 days before our stay the Bonvoy app changed to a "Larger Executive King Room" - still don't know what this was about - then it switched back to a king alcove room. At check-in they upgraded us to a Grand Suite living room with a connecting king bed room. It was on the second floor right above Kimono's which worked out well as we could just take the stairs in and out of the building. There was a line to the elevators around 10pm on Saturday when we arrived. $20 daily credit for breakfast at any of the Swan/Dolphin restaurant/coffee shop as a welcome gift.

We were told no room service. Had a total 8 water bottles in the suite (4 people x 2 nights?) when we arrived. We did not need more, but the extra blankets we requested were delivered to the door within 30 minutes (at 11pm too). We did not need housekeeping as it was a short stay - just requested extra towels in the app when we made the reservation and they were provided.

The bell desk did transfer our luggage to Four Seasons. It sounded like one particular person does this and they had to check with the back office to make sure he was in that day. Got a text confirmation around mid-day that the suitcases were delivered - it was so convenient! Definitely worth asking at the bell desk when checking out if you are moving to another resort.

We stayed there on our EPCOT and HS days so we did not take any buses, but the walk to each of the 2 parks was wonderful and quick! :)

No wait at Kimono's at 10pm on a Saturday, a 10-15 minute wait at Garden Grove around 9am on Sunday. There was a very short line at Java at 7am on Monday.

Last but not least, this board has been such a wealth of useful information during our trip preparation. I last stayed at Dolphin in 1997 for work, so all the details (especially with post-COVID changes) provided here were super helpful. Thank you everyone!!

Our family of 4 stayed at Swan for 2 nights last week. We enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again. Here is what we experienced in case it helps someone lucky enough to be staying there in the near future. :)

The reservation did disappear from my MDE plan page as well the week prior. No big deal - just re-linked it and it was fine. I am not even sure if I needed to re-link. I was able to make ADRs 60 days out plus length of stay at Swan.

Marriott platinum member perks: Used points to book a room with 2 queen beds with no view. Our Suite Night Award request cleared 5 days before stay and we got a king alcove room with balcony. 3 days before our stay the Bonvoy app changed to a "Larger Executive King Room" - still don't know what this was about - then it switched back to a king alcove room. At check-in they upgraded us to a Grand Suite living room with a connecting king bed room. It was on the second floor right above Kimono's which worked out well as we could just take the stairs in and out of the building. There was a line to the elevators around 10pm on Saturday when we arrived. $20 daily credit for breakfast at any of the Swan/Dolphin restaurant/coffee shop as a welcome gift.

We were told no room service. Had a total 8 water bottles in the suite (4 people x 2 nights?) when we arrived. We did not need more, but the extra blankets we requested were delivered to the door within 30 minutes (at 11pm too). We did not need housekeeping as it was a short stay - just requested extra towels in the app when we made the reservation and they were provided.

The bell desk did transfer our luggage to Four Seasons. It sounded like one particular person does this and they had to check with the back office to make sure he was in that day. Got a text confirmation around mid-day that the suitcases were delivered - it was so convenient! Definitely worth asking at the bell desk when checking out if you are moving to another resort.

We stayed there on our EPCOT and HS days so we did not take any buses, but the walk to each of the 2 parks was wonderful and quick! :)

No wait at Kimono's at 10pm on a Saturday, a 10-15 minute wait at Garden Grove around 9am on Sunday. There was a very short line at Java at 7am on Monday.

Last but not least, this board has been such a wealth of useful information during our trip preparation. I last stayed at Dolphin in 1997 for work, so all the details (especially with post-COVID changes) provided here were super helpful. Thank you everyone!!
Thanks for the review and update, AAV. Sounds like a great visit to S/D.

And welcome to the dis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter