Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@marsh0012
I'd call in-house reservations and talk with them though you might have the same luck calling the call center. On their website when you book a room it states, "Must advise by midnight on day of arrival if departing prior to scheduled check-out date to avoid penalty of 1 night room/tax." Using that you should be able to drop the night, so hopefully they will work with you on making the change to save some money in the process.

another question for those who have rebooked due to a price decrease - since it appears that the AP discount requires a 1-night deposit - when you rebook it for the same dates but a lower price, is the deposit credited and then rep-charged on your card, or does it just keep the 1-night payment since you're rebooking?

THANKS!

Interesting....when I look at the "Advance deposit policy" on the AP discount it states "We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of $1,611.00 USD when you make your reservation."..

YIKES!! so for my reservation, and maybe bc it's over Veterans Weekend, it is requiring full prepayment and NOT just a one night deposit...

anyone else see this for their reservation? and I do have a Bonvoy account that Im loggin through and I am using the AP discount code of "QWH"..it does say I can cancel up to 5 days prior with no charge.

I'm less likely to just book this for the heck of it knowing I have to come up with $1,611 vs 1-night deposit. :headache: :confused3

hhmmmmmm....

Interesting....when I look at the "Advance deposit policy" on the AP discount it states "We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of $1,611.00 USD when you make your reservation."..

YIKES!! so for my reservation, and maybe bc it's over Veterans Weekend, it is requiring full prepayment and NOT just a one night deposit...

anyone else see this for their reservation? and I do have a Bonvoy account that Im loggin through and I am using the AP discount code of "QWH"..it does say I can cancel up to 5 days prior with no charge.

I'm less likely to just book this for the heck of it knowing I have to come up with $1,611 vs 1-night deposit. :headache: :confused3

hhmmmmmm....

Mine said that too, but my card was not charged at all. I booked with the AAA rate.

hhmmmmmm....
You're not alone. I and and several others have reported this issue in this thread before. It's a bug in the Marriott booking website that over-quotes the deposit. If you're booking a fully refundable rate (and not one of the pay-in-full pre-paid rates), then you should only be charged one night for the deposit regardless of what the website says at checkout.

Just an FYI-

When I checked in at the Dolphin mid-April on the AAA stay/5 get $50 resort credit deal, they immediately put a hold for the whole amount on my credit card. This hold stayed for my entire stay and then the charge went through on the day of departure. I was fine with it but if you need that money free for your trip, you may want to think about what card you use.

@lisafab
Emailing hasn't really been working like it did - not sure why. But if your room is linked with the Marriott app you should be able to contact them via the app. I would give them a call, keep in mind the in-house reservation staff tend to be there more Monday-Friday 8-5PM. I am unsure if they will grant your request or not, but you won't know unless you ask. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I haven’t been able to link it on either MDE or my Marriott account. I suspect I’ll have to pay in full first since I’ve booked with a third party.
Last time we stayed at the Dolphin we booked a Hotwire hot rate and we’re offered an upgrade to a balcony for $20. My parents would be happy to pay that but Mum would like it sorted in advance so I might try calling closer to the trip.

You're not alone. I and and several others have reported this issue in this thread before. It's a bug in the Marriott booking website that over-quotes the deposit. If you're booking a fully refundable rate (and not one of the pay-in-full pre-paid rates), then you should only be charged one night for the deposit regardless of what the website says at checkout.
THANK YOU all!! I will take your word for it and go ahead and book the room!!

WAHOO!! Now, I just need to convince DH that he needs yet another trip to WDW!

:rotfl2:

@marsh0012
I'd call in-house reservations and talk with them though you might have the same luck calling the call center. On their website when you book a room it states, "Must advise by midnight on day of arrival if departing prior to scheduled check-out date to avoid penalty of 1 night room/tax." Using that you should be able to drop the night, so hopefully they will work with you on making the change to save some money in the process.

Thanks. I'll make some time to call in house reservations tomorrow or Tuesday. I will report back on what they tell me.

Hi friends. We have been obsessed with s&d for months and stay at least 3 days a month (Florida residents). We are usually a party of 3 (2 adults 1 kid) booking through bonvoy app. I have noticed that we can link to our MDE, but for some reason, the day before check in, it "deletes " from MDE and when I log into bonvoy it resets to 2 people! This has happened every time. Has anyone else experienced this? Why is this happening?

Last edited:
Alright so I’m down to my 18 day countdown before arriving at The Swan for our anniversary trip May 14-16. Maybe y’all can help answer a few questions?
It looks like most restaurants have take out right now but is room service still offered?
Is check in available through the MDE app? If not, I saw some people say they got early check in. Did you just arrive early and see if your room was ready?
Also, our park on check in day is HS. Can we park at the Swan early (like 10:00 am), walk to HS, then walk back to check in at 4:00?
Thanks for all the help. We have never stayed on Disney property before so this is all very exciting. I’ve heard such good things about the S/D!

Alright so I’m down to my 18 day countdown before arriving at The Swan for our anniversary trip May 14-16. Maybe y’all can help answer a few questions?
It looks like most restaurants have take out right now but is room service still offered?
Most offers take-out. I don't know about the room service.
Is check-in available through the MDE app? If not, I saw some people say they got early check-in. Did you just arrive early and see if your room was ready?
I might be wrong but I believe you cannot check in on the MDE app. I've been checked in Bonvoy App as both Swan/Dolphin are Marriott chains.
Also, our park on check-in day in HS. Can we park at the Swan early (like 10:00 am), walk to HS, then walk back to check-in at 4:00?
Yes, you could park as early as you want. You'll be charged nightly for the parking. In fact, we are doing the same thing. We will drop our luggage off with the bell around 7:30am and go straight to HS.

Thanks for all the help. We have never stayed on Disney property before so this is all very exciting. I’ve heard such good things about the S/D!

Swan/Dolphin is my favorite resort. We've stayed there more than 20 times so far. You'll love the location. We will be at dolphin May 15~23!

Swan/Dolphin is my favorite resort. We've stayed there more than 20 times so far. You'll love the location. We will be at dolphin May 15~23!
We are SO excited! And thanks so much for the replies! We haven’t been back to Disney since March 2020 and the itch is real. We have never stayed in a hotel as fancy as the S/D so that’s exciting too 😂

Is check in available through the MDE app? If not, I saw some people say they got early check in. Did you just arrive early and see if your room was ready?
Also, our park on check in day is HS. Can we park at the Swan early (like 10:00 am), walk to HS, then walk back to check in at 4:00?
I *think* they have room service?
No MDE app checkin with Swan/Dolphin. Just drop by the front desk and ask if your room is available. It will likely not be.
Yes, you can park well before checking in. We do the same thing.
Enjoy your trip!

I *think* they have room service?
I don't think room serivce is an option currently at the Swan & Dolphin.
No MDE app checkin with Swan/Dolphin. Just drop by the front desk and ask if your room is available. It will likely not be.
100% agree with @Animal with the above great input and I will add you can actually check-in at the Front desk before your room is ready and have them text you when your room is ready. Weather in May can be quite hot so you might consider dropping your bags with Bell Services, parking and heading out to the parks,
Yes, you can park well before checking in. We do the same thing.
Since you are an overnight guest you can use self-parking with in & out privileges so you will be able to use your Swan room key to exit parking.

Dave

Hi friends. We have been obsessed with s&d for months and stay at least 3 days a month (Florida residents). We are usually a party of 3 (2 adults 1 kid) booking through bonvoy app. I have noticed that we can link to our MDE, but for some reason, the day before check in, it "deletes " from MDE and when I log into bonvoy it resets to 2 people! This has happened every time. Has anyone else experienced this? Why is this happening?
This is strange. Are you booking directly though Marriott/Swalphin or a third party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter