Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I think that’s true with any rate? But I could definitely be wrong.
It doesn't hurt to remind people, especially someone who didn't know if it was refundable at all. And, of course, there are the rates that it is not true with: the non-refundable, non-changeable rates.

Hi all, posted this in another forum but was suggested I post my question here:

I am trying to book a room at the Swan using travel points. I specified in my search that there will four of us, two adults and two teens.
The search is giving me the option to book this type of room, but the picture of the room shows a single bed and a small couch. Doing a google search on this type of room suggests that it is basically they give you what is available.
Is it possible we'd show up and they would try to put four of us in a room with just one bed???

Thx!

Hi all, posted this in another forum but was suggested I post my question here:

I am trying to book a room at the Swan using travel points. I specified in my search that there will four of us, two adults and two teens.
The search is giving me the option to book this type of room, but the picture of the room shows a single bed and a small couch. Doing a google search on this type of room suggests that it is basically they give you what is available.
Is it possible we'd show up and they would try to put four of us in a room with just one bed???

Thx!
You can book a two queen bed option with points, or a king bed. Sometimes the two bed option is not available. I would keep checking or look at the Dolphin and Reserve for availability. I would not book a one bed option and expect to get two.

We are currently staying at CBR in December around Xmas and are thinking of changing to dolphin. Will our ticket reservations be okay since it is the exact same days and tickets?
Any issues not staying at a Disney owned resort with new ticket system?

Your park reservation is linked only to your tickets, not to your hotel so you should be fine switching resorts.

Happ - Thanks for the reply. I'm booking via aeroplan and there were no room options that specified two beds..... just 'run of the house' options, and one that said 'standard room' with no description or pic of how many beds. Guess maybe we'll be sleeping on floor..... Again, I did specify 4 guests when searching for the room. Anyway, this is for next March, we are in Canada, and who knows what travel will look like by then. Could very well end up cancelling.... :(

...small couch. Doing a google search on this type of room suggests that it is basically they give you what is available.
Welcome!

As already shared don't book a room and hope, unlike Disney S/D doesn't do room assignments for bed types last minute. If you book a King you should get a king same for double queens. If you are not finding the room type you want on points, change over and search for cash. If you find what you want on cash then chances are they are sold out of the points available rooms. You might also check to see if the Dolphin has the any available - downside is smaller beds and 1 sink in the room. You can also call S/D direct and ask for in-house reservations and they can check for you too.

The search is giving me the option to book this type of room, but the picture of the room shows a single bed and a small couch.
What is the description of the room ignoring the image presented? On Points the room descriptions are somewhat vague.

If the term "run of the house" appears in the description it indicates you may get any room that meets your occupancy selection. From a basic traditional "no view" up to great resort view "Balcony" rooms.

Note: you could have seen a King room with a sleeper sofa vs a 2 Queen bed unit.

Dave

Happ - Thanks for the reply. I'm booking via aeroplan and there were no room options that specified two beds..... just 'run of the house' options, and one that said 'standard room' with no description or pic of how many beds. Guess maybe we'll be sleeping on floor..... Again, I did specify 4 guests when searching for the room. Anyway, this is for next March, we are in Canada, and who knows what travel will look like by then. Could very well end up cancelling.... :(

I saw the other thread you posted. You accidentally omitted the room description when you copied & pasted. For the benefit of others, it was "double - run of house".
I was going to ask if it was 3rd party points you were using to book - but you answered that question in your reply.

Question then becomes does the "double" in the description refer to # of beds or something else. And if it refers to # of beds, do they mean 2 real beds or 2 sleeping surfaces?

All Swan rooms sleep 4, either in 2 queens or a king and a pull-out sleeper sofa. Unfortunately, the only people who can answer the double question are either the Swan or whomever is administering Air Canada's points hotel bookings.

If I needed 2 real beds, not sure I would take my chances without a definite answer.

Yes, that’s what you’ll need to do. And park passes and dining won’t be affected at all.

For future reference, a simpler way to do this is to go into the Marriott app under Trips and find your reservation. Click Modify Dates, and search for new rates that way. Choose your same dates, but if you find a better rate, select that rate, and it will apply to your existing reservation. Easy peasy!
As soon as I click "modify dates" I get scary message saying "Changed your mind? No Problem. Just note that the room and or rate you chose might not be available again"

Just go for it??

As soon as I click "modify dates" I get scary message saying "Changed your mind? No Problem. Just note that the room and or rate you chose might not be available again"

Just go for it??
I don’t remember ever getting that message. Unfortunately I don’t have an upcoming reservation to try it out on. But that sounds unusual....

Last edited:
I just wanted to share a piece of good news with everyone. We extended one more day to our trip and used points for the no-view double room. From May 15-22, I booked us Premium Double Room. Tonight, I called Dolphin/Swan line to see if we could stay in the same room and obviously pay the difference in the room charge. The girl on the phone noticed I'm going down during my birthday and just made the change with no charge :cool1:and also I asked if we could have late check-out since our flight home is late afternoon. I do understand that these days, they have to deep clean the rooms so the hotels hardly grant late check-out. But she gave us a 1 pm check-out as well. That means we could have a late breakfast and a couple of hours of swimming. :yay:

Coffee is my life staple and I am wondering where I can purchase coffee around 6:15 a.m. around Swan/Boardwalk area--it looks like the bakery doesn't open until 7 (I arrive Tuesday-woo hoo). Also are there to go cups in the Swan or should I bring my own (along with some pods?). Thank you.

Coffee is my life staple and I am wondering where I can purchase coffee around 6:15 a.m. around Swan/Boardwalk area--it looks like the bakery doesn't open until 7 (I arrive Tuesday-woo hoo). Also are there to go cups in the Swan or should I bring my own (along with some pods?). Thank you.
In the S/D app, Fuel and Java are indicated as opening at 6 AM. The cups in the room are certainly to-go cups, if you want to take them with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter