Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you, Dan, for the Costco information.
I am going to look at it now. I just booked six nights today and will follow the directions
above to link my ressie. Been going to Disney all my life and never stayed at the Swan (or OKW, which is the second half of my stay), and excited to be doing two new resorts.

Yikes, I just looked at the Costco offer. Almost $800 more than the Senior Discount and non refundable. Don't think it is a good idea, ever, to book non refundable, but that is me.

Thank you though for posting this, always good to check prices!

Also, post Covid, does the Swan move your luggage/food from Swan to another Disney resort or will we need to take Uber?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you, Dan, for the Costco information.
I am going to look at it now. I just booked six nights today and will follow the directions
above to link my ressie. Been going to Disney all my life and never stayed at the Swan (or OKW, which is the second half of my stay), and excited to be doing two new resorts.

Yikes, I just looked at the Costco offer. Almost $800 more than the Senior Discount and non refundable. Don't think it is a good idea, ever, to book non refundable, but that is me.

Thank you though for posting this, always good to check prices!

Also, post Covid, does the Swan move your luggage/food from Swan to another Disney resort or will we need to take Uber?

Thank you.
I actually posted the Costco offer, so I am familiar with it. Do you realize that the offer includes Disney park tickets, $100 food/beverage credit, $30 daily resort fee, all taxes, double upgrade from a Traditional (standard, no view or balcony) room, etc.? These are all extras not included if just pricing out a basic room on Marriott’s website with the senior discount. If you do not have an Annual Pass and are planning on purchasing tickets, this is a great value. If you look at the Costco offer, there is another option for a refundable booking, that allows the same five day notice cancellation as booking directly with Marriott or Swan.

Normally, the Costco package is a good value, but this special offer is even more so.

Someone here might know if the option exists to decline the park tickets, if not needed.

Thanks for sharing @shoreward we used Costco for our 2017 or 2018 trip and it was a good value. I priced out or dates for 2021 instead POR using the upgraded Costco deal for the Swan, Swan hotel, $3,404.38 Sep 25, 2021 - Oct 3, 2021 includes 7 day park hoppers but its non-refundable. Very tempted but with the non-refundable aspect it needs to wait.

I actually posted the Costco offer, so I am familiar with it. Do you realize that the offer includes Disney park tickets, $100 food/beverage credit, $30 daily resort fee, all taxes, double upgrade from a Traditional (standard, no view or balcony) room, etc.? These are all extras not included if just pricing out a basic room on Marriott’s website with the senior discount. If you do not have an Annual Pass and are planning on purchasing tickets, this is a great value. If you look at the Costco offer, there is another option for a refundable booking, that allows the same five day notice cancellation as booking directly with Marriott or Swan.

Normally, the Costco package is a good value, but this special offer is even more so.

Someone here might know if the option exists to decline the park tickets, if not needed.

Oh no! I did not know tickets were included. I have used Costco in the past for car rentals as well as cruises. They use to just discount cruises quite a bit, but now they keep same price and give a Costco card so now I use a TA that discounts.

Anyway, I will certainly go back on now and take a look and see how many nights I get tickets for (really only wanted 2-3 for the six nights). The $100 is nice but not a dealbreaker. However, the tickets may may it worthwhile. I'll look to see what the refundable rate is right now.

Thank you SO much!

Thanks for sharing @shoreward we used Costco for our 2017 or 2018 trip and it was a good value. I priced out or dates for 2021 instead POR using the upgraded Costco deal for the Swan, Swan hotel, $3,404.38 Sep 25, 2021 - Oct 3, 2021 includes 7 day park hoppers but its non-refundable. Very tempted but with the non-refundable aspect it needs to wait.
If you select to modify, a refundable package is offered for only slightly more than the nonrefundable offer, from what I can tell.

Room 1: Dolphin Balcony Resort-View Room
(2 Adults)

Dolphin Balcony Resort-View Room, Non-Refundable Non-Changeable Rate - Limited-Time Promotion
Included in Package
svg-caret-down-thin-blue.svg

Dolphin Balcony Resort-View Room, Limited-Time Promotion
+ $59.06

Swan Balcony Resort-View Room, Non-Refundable Non-Changeable Rate - Limited-Time Promotion
+ $76.81

Swan Balcony Resort-View Room, Limited-Time Promotion
+ $135.87

These are the T&C for the package that is not the nonrefundable one.

A one-night cancellation fee will apply for no-shows, cancellations or date changes made within five days prior to arrival for travel Feb. 1 - Dec. 24, 2020 and Jan. 1 - Dec. 24, 2021. A one-night cancellation fee will apply for no-shows, cancellations or date changes made within 14 days prior to arrival for travel Dec. 25 - Dec. 31, 2020 and Dec. 25 - Dec. 31, 2021. Reservations that include any portion of a higher penalty travel period will incur the higher penalties and restrictions

Not sure if my plan will stick, but we will be in Orlando for xmas week off-site and not focusing on the parks. However, we decided to try Epcot on NYE, so I booked Dolphin for that night so we can walk back to the room at the end of the night and even take a break during the day if we need it. Any general advice about Dolphin/Boardwalk area for NYE? I know there are no activities going on, but feel that being closer to the action/not driving is a better idea on this particular night. Maybe a family countdown could be more fun in a more festive area than the townhouse we are renting. I'm just trying to see if this is worth it. Thanks!

Swan Reserve looks pretty. I'm surprised they are saying July 2021 opening, since Disney hasn't opened most of their resorts yet. Maybe they are counting on the vaccine being widely available then.

Swan Reserve looks pretty. I'm surprised they are saying July 2021 opening, since Disney hasn't opened most of their resorts yet. Maybe they are counting on the vaccine being widely available then.
Though July 2021 is noted for opening, the Swan Reserve is not yet bookable - at least online.

Exciting. I was a little unsure about this project at first for some reason, but I like the way it’s coming together. And I love having more/new resort options on site.

It looks like the wall from the bathroom area extends further into the room reducing the room near the window. Also the door looks to be at an angle.

I just keep telling myself they are just renderings at this point.

We are staying at the Swan for the first time next week. Booked an express deal and we are looking forward to giving it a try!
You can place a few room requests, if you would like, by calling Reservations: 888.828.8850, during normal business hours. That number is for in-house room reservations, so they also can answer questions for you, about the Swan.

There is lots of good info in this thread, so skimming through it may be useful. You will really enjoy the location, and, hopefully, the Swan. I think that the food at the Swan and Dolphin is better than at many of the Disney resorts.

Thank you, so much for this tip! I will call them tomorrow. I have always been hesitant to book a non-Disney hotel, but the price, location, and all the eating options around won out for us this time.

You can place a few room requests, if you would like, by calling Reservations: 888.828.8850, during normal business hours. That number is for in-house room reservations, so they also can answer questions for you, about the Swan.

There is lots of good info in this thread, so skimming through it may be useful. You will really enjoy the location, and, hopefully, the Swan. I think that the food at the Swan and Dolphin is better than many of the Disney resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter