Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I just read that the room TV can be paired to your smartphone, by scanning the QR code displayed on the TV screen. That allows the TV functions to be operated through your phone and not the remote control. Has anyone had any personal experience with this?

I just read that the room TV can be paired to your smartphone, by scanning the QR code displayed on the TV screen. That allows the TV functions to be operated through your phone and not the remote control. Has anyone had any personal experience with this?
Have not used, but sure sounds like a great idea anytime, but especially during the COVID.

Hi.
I am going with my mom in February for six nights (first part of a 12 night stay).
We know we want a room with two beds (we don't care if queen or full).
We know we want a balcony.

However, half of our six nights, will be spent hanging around the BW area and pool.
Which has a better pool, the Swan or Dolphin? Which has more bars and restaurants and
better decor?

Thank you.

Hi.
I am going with my mom in February for six nights (first part of a 12 night stay).
We know we want a room with two beds (we don't care if queen or full).
We know we want a balcony.

However, half of our six nights, will be spent hanging around the BW area and pool.
Which has a better pool, the Swan or Dolphin? Which has more bars and restaurants and
better decor?

Thank you.
The Swan has two sinks in the two-bed rooms - one inside the actual bathroom with the tub and toilet, plus a second sink/vanity just outside the bathroom door. That allows two people use of a sink at the same time. The Swan also is much easier to get around, as it is half the size of the Dolphin.

The Swan has two sinks in the two-bed rooms - one inside the actual bathroom with the tub and toilet, plus a second sink/vanity just outside the bathroom door. That allows two people use of a sink at the same time. The Swan also is much easier to get around, as it is half the size of the Dolphin.

Thank you.
Getting around won't be a problem. Is one hotel "nicer" than the other and have more things going on, such as bars and restaurants and food court(s)? I'm guessing this may be the Dolphin if you are saying the Swan is half it's size. Does the Dolphin have an "Epcot view" or a view from the Swan of Epcot or MGM? Are the rooms bigger in one vs the other? We will be walking to/from MGM and Epcot. My mom will be using a scooter so the walking won't be a problem for us.

Thanks.

better decor?
They share the same pool complex (Grotto Pool) and have individual lap pools. The Swan is 1/2 the physical size of the Dolphin so it is much easier to navigate. The Swan is slightly closer to Epcot / HS.

About a 100 ft walking difference between the two hotels so you can easly eat, drink, or drink some more at either the Swan or Dolphin.

Currently there is not much happening around the Boardwalk it is not very lively but February is a long way off.

Dave

@js looking at the Swan Dolphin map you can see the Grotto pool is a bit closer to the Dolphin it is THE great pool of the two, you will also find more standard pools but the Grotto is the fun one to be around. The signature restaurants are split between the two, but the walk between the two is nothing really. Decor in the lobbies are both amazing I'd give the Dolphin a slight edge, but my personal preference is the Swan since it's a bit smaller. Since they are both so close it doesn't much matter IMHO.

If you haven't yet, download the Swan Dolphin app for your phone you can then see the hours and nights each restaurant is open.

They share the same pool complex (Grotto Pool) and have individual lap pools. The Swan is 1/2 the physical size of the Dolphin so it is much easier to navigate. The Swan is slightly closer to Epcot / HS.

About a 100 ft walking difference between the two hotels so you can easly eat, drink, or drink some more at either the Swan or Dolphin.

Currently there is not much happening around the Boardwalk it is not very lively but February is a long way off.

Dave

Thank you. We were at BCVs in September and were at SSR last month and really not expecting much to change on the BW by February. I wasn't aware both hotels share the pool and how close each were to one another, even though I have walked over there so many, many times.

@js looking at the Swan Dolphin map you can see the Grotto pool is a bit closer to the Dolphin it is THE great pool of the two, you will also find more standard pools but the Grotto is the fun one to be around. The signature restaurants are split between the two, but the walk between the two is nothing really. Decor in the lobbies are both amazing I'd give the Dolphin a slight edge, but my personal preference is the Swan since it's a bit smaller. Since they are both so close it doesn't much matter IMHO.

If you haven't yet, download the Swan Dolphin app for your phone you can then see the hours and nights each restaurant is open.

Thank you so much. I just downloaded the app. I appreciate it. We plan on eating at the restaurants and since all things are pretty much equal, I'll just book the Swan since it has the extra sink outside the bathroom and the larger beds over the Dolphin. It is about $60 more for the six nights but while one is in the shower, the other can be brushing teeth, doing hair, etc. Thank you.

You will love the swan. It is beautiful inside and the Garden Grove has the best breakfast at Disney World. They are really like one big hotel divided into sections so that you can go to the Dolphin anytime you want. Also you can walk to Yacht but you won't want to.

Thank you so much! I just saved this map. It is fabulous!

You will love the swan. It is beautiful inside and the Garden Grove has the best breakfast at Disney World. They are really like one big hotel divided into sections so that you can go to the Dolphin anytime you want. Also you can walk to Yacht but you won't want to.
That is a great way to think of them. Thanks! I will walk over to the Villas but I really wasnt that impressed with the BCVs. I enjoy the BWVs but really dont know what the hype is with the BCVs. To each his own.

I will be booking tomorrow and so happy I found this thread. Thank you!

Hi.

I will be at Swan for six nights before moving to OKW. Will I be able to make dining ressies at 60 days from my first day of arrival at the Swan?

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter