Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

For those planning holiday trips for next year, the Dolphin lobby tree was already up when we arrived the Saturday pror to Thanksgiving (11/17). A day or two later we noticed the little white fence go up around the tree. These pictures aren't my best work but we loved seeing the tree as we came and went. The resort holiday decorations slowly appeared over the course of the week we were there at the other Disney resorts too.

We had a great stay with only a couple of housekeeping blips versus some of the major issues we've experienced before - one day we were missed entirely by housekeeping despite being gone all day (coffee was brought up quickly when I called for it) and unfortunately the day prior to that housekeeping had removed our top sheet from the bed and not replaced it :confused3 I actually requested the sheet as well when I called but they brought only the coffee and no sheet - I was too tired to wait on it so we used the extra comforter from the closet (we were in a king room). Several days later (Friday) we came back to the room about 4:30 pm and the housekeeper was cleaning our room. It was frustrating because we were trying to get changed to meet friends for dinner, and the late cleaning put us behind schedule. Otherwise no complaints, got the king room we booked and had a room near my mother's on the 11th floor near the Yacht Club end. Rooms were ready when we checked in at about 10:00 AM on Saturday which we were very appreciative of.

@pepperandchips thanks for the report. I think it's become a lot more common to run into house keeping issues, the stronger economy makes housekeeping jobs a lot less desirable. I think the Disney resorts are facing this issue too.

@hedberg1661 I'm happy they didn't try to keep the name in sync with Swan/Dolphin. I guess we can see why rates are up if occupancy has continued to rise, it's good for them but not so good for guests looking for a deal. I'll be curious if the new property is rated at such a high points value as S/D.

@hedberg1661 I'm happy they didn't try to keep the name in sync with Swan/Dolphin. I guess we can see why rates are up if occupancy has continued to rise, it's good for them but not so good for guests looking for a deal. I'll be curious if the new property is rated at such a high points value as S/D.
I too am interested to see the price of these rooms and perhaps even more so how those suites sell. Given that occupancy has been so high there I am surprised that they didn't go with a larger addition of say 800 rooms.

Has anyone booked the Swan or Dolphin recently (last 2 weeks) been able to link their confirmation? I booked on 11/17 for a late January trip and still haven't been able to get it to link. I've called Disney and the Swan multiple times. Disney was nice enough to manually book me fastpasses but I don't have access to them and can't change them... I'd rather get my hotel linked and possible book FPs myself... at least for Epcot and MK

@JessM back when we booked our Costco/Swan stay I was told it take about 10 days to get from S/D to the Disney system, I took that as 10 business days. With Thanksgiving in the mix it may have slowed things down.

That said two other members have provided some contacts and phone numbers that might help you out.

@CyndiLouWho recommended calling the Disney Wholesale Direct at 407-939-7671
@shoreward suggest calling Disney Website Support at (407) 939-4357

Checked into the Swan today.
One word - HORRIBLE!!!
The lobby is ripped apart
No busses till Monday
Took our own luggage to room
Busses are at the Dolphin
Boats only to the studios
The automatic door by the boat docks is broken. Not good for people in wheelchAirs
What a total waste of money staying here

One word - HORRIBLE!!!
No busses till Monday
The automatic door by the boat docks is broken. Not good for people in wheelchAirs

Oh no...so disappointing to have things like this happen on vacation.

One word - HORRIBLE!!!
No busses till Monday
This is totally unacceptable. Have you complained? They should offer to move you to the Dolphin or offer some compensation. I hope things improve soon for you.

One word - HORRIBLE!!!
No busses till Monday
Wow, sounds like a disaster. What has management said about all of that, Mary?

I am also sorry to hear your negative experience at the Swan. I know you stay there often. I hope things improve.

Sorry to hear seems to be so much disarray. Several of the issues have been talked about on this forum, both the lobby construction and Friendship boats. But I can't say that the bus distribution was known. Seems like tearing the lobby apart during the busy holiday season wasn't a very good plan, though I'm not sure when there is a good time. What was their reasoning for not getting a bell hop to assist with your luggage?

One word - HORRIBLE!!!
No busses till Monday
Oh no LMP! That’s terrible.

One word - HORRIBLE!!!
No busses till Monday

Sorry to read about this. I was at the Swan Thanksgiving weekend and thought the Swan lobby renovations were already finished! I saw a sign about the buses departing from the Dolphin, beginning on the 26th, but thought it was only for this week. I’ll be back at the Swan this Sunday (12/2) for 3 nights, so I’ll find out about the renovations soon enough!

I was happy to see the Swan and Dolphin decorated for Christmas. However, I preferred the days when the Dolphin’s tree was positioned on top of the fountain.

Special holiday events and activities at Swan/Dolphin for 2018:

icon1.jpg
Mrs. Claus Holiday Show

At 6:00 pm on select nights, Mrs. Claus will ask all the children and families to join her in the Dolphin Lobby. Mrs. Claus will then invite everyone out to the causeway to help her find Santa Claus!

icon2.jpg
Santa and Mrs. Claus
Santa and Mrs. Claus along with their special Elf, Kandy Kane, will entertain guests at their special Florida tiki hut on the causeway from 6:15pm - 8pm on select nights. Get ready for big laughs and photo opportunities you will not see anywhere else.

icon3.jpg
Kandy Kane’s Holiday Movie Marathon
We are pleased to offer 24 hours of continuous holiday favorites. Simply tune to Channel 49 in the Swan or Channel 50 in the Dolphin on your in-room television and enjoy a collection of holiday classics.

icon4.jpg
Pastry Decorating
Children can create their own masterpiece as our cast members help them decorate and create festive holiday cookies. Located in the Swan lobby on select nights starting at 5pm.

icon5.jpg
Santa's Dancing Lights Spectacular
Join us on the causeway located between the hotels as dancing lighted palms come alive every 10 minutes in a musical & light display designed to delight!

icon6.jpg
Holiday Hideout
Children are invited to join us between 12:00pm and 4:00pm for fun arts and crafts, XBOX 360 with Kinect, Wii Sports, coloring pages, board games, and more! Stop by our activities room located on the first floor of the Dolphin near the central elevators. (Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times). * Activities may change on select days.

icon7.jpg
Santa's Magic Key
How is Santa going to be able to deliver presents for your children? Easy! Just stop by the Concierge desk on Christmas Eve (December 24) and pick up a copy of Santa’s magic key to hang on your hotel room door on Christmas Eve. (Don’t worry - it only works for Santa!) Supplies are limited.
icon8.jpg
Elf Tuck-In
Invite Santa’s Elves into your room on 11/30, 12/1, 12/7 & 12/8, 12/14 & 12/15, 12/20 through 12/24 to read you a story and tuck you in. They’ll even bring cookies and milk to help you drift off to sleep and await Santa's visit. Includes a souvenir holiday cup and a story book. (charges apply and reservations are required.) Please call 407-934-4206 for more information and to make reservations

icon9.jpg
Children's New Years Eve Party
Children ages 4 - 12 will have the opportunity to ring in the New Year from 6pm - 1am at Camp Dolphin. Includes party hats, noise-makers, balloon drop, dinner (Children must be dropped off before 7pm for dinner) and much more! (Charges apply and reservations are required). Please call 407-934-4241 for more details and to make reservations.

icon10.jpg
Mrs. Claus' Bake Shop
Order a cookies and milk amenity to be delivered during the Classic Christmas movie from 8:30pm - 10pm. The Mrs. Claus’ Cookies and Milk amenity also includes a story book about Santa’s Favorite Resort. Charges apply. Contact Room Service for details.

icon12.jpg
Chocolate Santa Display
Stop by the entrance to the Swan near Il Mulino New York Trattoria to marvel at a spectacular chocolate Santa sculpture hand-crafted by our two-time World Pastry Chef, Laurent Branlard. Everything you see is made from chocolate!

Edit: I just realized there is no age limit mentioned for the Elf Tuck-In. :eek:

Last edited:
Well this is what complex customer service did
Offered to move us to the Dolphin for the whole trip
Offered us taxi vouchers
Offered to keep us at the Swan so we didn’t have to move
I don’t know if everyone would be offered this but hubs complained with me and the wheelchair
So we decided to stay at the Swan so we wouldn’t have to keep moving luggage etc and we keep our same room here
It’s still a total pita to walk over to the Dolphin for the busses
On the way back from mvmcp we saw another family taking all their luggage from the Swan and go over to the Dolphin and this was at midnight sigh

Well this is what complex customer service did
Offered to move us to the Dolphin for the whole trip
Offered us taxi vouchers
Offered to keep us at the Swan so we didn’t have to move
I don’t know if everyone would be offered this but hubs complained with me and the wheelchair
So we decided to stay at the Swan so we wouldn’t have to keep moving luggage etc and we keep our same room here
It’s still a total pita to walk over to the Dolphin for the busses
On the way back from mvmcp we saw another family taking all their luggage from the Swan and go over to the Dolphin and this was at midnight sigh
It's too bad that your visit has had its challenges. It seems like the Swan realizes that there are problems going on and is trying to do its best to help make up for it. Unfortunately, the current problematic conditions are most likely out of their control, so the offers made to you are probably the best they can do (other than perhaps comp one night of your stay).

I hope that things get easier for you during the rest of your visit.

I wonder why no bus pickup at the Swan. Is the normal bus area at the Swan under construction or inaccessible for some reason?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter