Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Checked in on Wednesday. I didn't ask for an upgrade but they checked for one and upgraded me from a traditional to a resort View for free. I'm really upset because it seems like they got rid of the Heavenly beds which was the whole reason I started staying at this Resort. I used to melt into the mattress after I got back from the park and now it's just too firm. Even the pillows are the firmest pillows I've ever had. Having a comfortable bed is the most important part of a hotel for me so it looks like I'm going to have to look for a new place to stay.

Seriously, if they know they need to turn the rooms over, they need to hire more staff. Not cleaning a guest's room is not acceptable (unless they request not to have housekeeping).

This is making me uncomfortable for our upcoming stay.
It's easier said than done. Even Disney is having a hard time finding people to work in housekeeping. With so many hotels/rooms in the area there are only so many people to go around. This is why Disney is trying to get you to take less days of housekeeping in exchange for a gift card. I want to say I was offered that during my last stay at the Dolphin (perhaps for points) but I declined.

it seems like they got rid of the Heavenly beds
The Heavenly Beds are still there. They are a cornerstone of Westin and Sheraton. Maybe you had a brand new one that was still loosening up a bit?

https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/standard.html

Then sink into the luxurious Heavenly® Bed, an oasis of high thread-count sheets, down cushioning, and our patented pillow-top mattress that will help you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

The Heavenly Beds are still there. They are a cornerstone of Westin and Sheraton. Maybe you had a brand new one that was still loosening up a bit?

https://swandolphin.com/accommodations/standard.html

Then sink into the luxurious Heavenly® Bed, an oasis of high thread-count sheets, down cushioning, and our patented pillow-top mattress that will help you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

I don't know, but it is definitely not the same.

Costco Package People.

I booked a package a few nights ago - Dolphin.
MDE did not recognize my "Disney Reservation Number" when I tried to set it up this am.

I booked a Swan package in 2016 and had no issues.

I called Dis, and they added it with no issue. My problem was user error. I called Dis to just see if they could handle it, because my FP day is tomorrow, I didn't wanna have a multiple day runaround.

My issue appeared to be user error.

The MDE site
prompts you for the "Resort Reservation or Vacation Package."

The email from Costco Travel has something called a, "Costco Travel Confirmation Number," and also something called a, "Disney Reservation #"

I was entering the "Disney Reservation#" from the Costco Travel Email, but I should have entered the Costco Travel Confirmation Number."
Now, listen, it was early, and I would have eventually tried to enter the correct number after the first cup of coffee was finished, but the reality is, I thought fastpass day was today, and it was early enough that I figured the Help Desk would be a short wait, AND from experience, they are usually VERY friendly and helpful. Also, the Disney Reservation NUmber on the email was listed in the ticket section, which I completely thought was suspect, but I figured, maybe they get the hotel info from this number as well.

After minimal hold time, I explained to the csr that I know there can be issues with Swolphin, and I also knew that there might be lag time for their system to recognize the confirmation number, and some other issues I've read about with Swolphin ressies. She asked for my Reservation number, and immediately said "That's a ticket reservation number," but then she found all my stuff and entered the correct number for me. All good.

Not sure if this could help anyone. The naming conventions are not congruent between Costco Travel and MDE. Like I said, I did this with no issues in 2016 with a Costco Swan package - no big deal, I would have figured it out. I just assumed I had one of the "issues" others have reported. Perhaps others were doing the same thing.

So, HTH - in return - you all could send positive vibes for me Finding FOP for Nov 3 or Nov 4 between 9a and noon. :genie:

Fun! We haven’t seen either of those. Which was better? Harry Potter was truly AMAZING. Only behind Hamilton for me.

Both were excellent but of those two Kinky Boots was my and my oldest daughters favorite, my younger daughter would pick mean girls and was thrilled to see the original cast of as she is a fan of some of the actors. If you haven't already found it there is a Broadway thread on the community board :)

Back OT - the Dolphin says they fixed my overcharge and waived 2 of the 4 days of resort charges so far and they did issue me a credit but they still can't seem to send me a folio for my stay so I can't really confirm.

Hi all! Does anyone know when the next recreation guide will be released? I'm only able to find the June-Aug schedule as of now. Maybe the next guide hasn't been released yet? TIA! :)

Hi all! Does anyone know when the next recreation guide will be released? I'm only able to find the June-Aug schedule as of now. Maybe the next guide hasn't been released yet? TIA! :)
I would think in a day or so, sometime this coming week.

Reactions: CJK
Hi Nancy.

Is there any value to holding both a 'regular' SPG Preferred AMEX card as well as an SPG Business AMEX card? Both are $95 annual fee if I recall.

The only value to holding both a regular and business SPG preferred and business is each will earn 1 free award night up to a 35,000 point value at your account anniversary. As far as I'm aware the cards are identical. There is no further stacking of elite night credits for holding different SPG/Marriott cards. Both give complementary silver elite status which also does not stack. There are new restrictions in regards to SPG Amex and Marriott Chase cards in regards to being eligible to open these cards dependent if you already hold a SPG or Marriott card.

Hi Nancy.

Is there any value to holding both a 'regular' SPG Preferred AMEX card as well as an SPG Business AMEX card? Both are $95 annual fee if I recall.
GusGus 16 said:
The only value to holding both a regular and business SPG preferred and business is each will earn 1 free award night up to a 35,000 point value at your account anniversary. As far as I'm aware the cards are identical. There is no further stacking of elite night credits for holding different SPG/Marriott cards. Both give complementary silver elite status which also does not stack. There are new restrictions in regards to SPG Amex and Marriott Chase cards in regards to being eligible to open these cards dependent if you already hold a SPG or Marriott card.
What GusGus 16 said!

My daughter and I checked into the Swan today. We hadn't been here in more than 10 years. The staff were all very friendly. We had booked a standard room through Priceline, but when I asked for a tub we were given the only remaining tub room which was a corner room with a water/ fireworks view! They have made many upgrades, but several things still show some wear and look old. The doors all look like they are old and have been painted many times. All the furniture and furnishings look new. The bed is a little hard though. We enjoyed a practically empty grotto pool tonight after our long drive down.

Thanks Gus.

Was the bold highlighted for reaching gold/platinum/or life? I am gold life now. I will never be platinum. So I'm not actually losing anything of value to me is the way it sounds.?

Have a great stay!!!
My daughter and I checked into the Swan today. We hadn't been here in more than 10 years. The staff were all very friendly. We had booked a standard room through Priceline, but when I asked for a tub we were given the only remaining tub room which was a corner room with a water/ fireworks view! They have made many upgrades, but several things still show some wear and look old. The doors all look like they are old and have been painted many times. All the furniture and furnishings look new. The bed is a little hard though. We enjoyed a practically empty grotto pool tonight after our long drive down.

Thanks Gus.

Was the bold highlighted for reaching gold/platinum/or life? I am gold life now. I will never be platinum. So I'm not actually losing anything of value to me is the way it sounds.?

Yep, the stacking of elite nights was for reaching status, so in your case with life gold, this change should not affect you. Not sure about the new benefits of gold vs the prior benefits probably something to look into before your next stay so you know what to expect.

Yep, the stacking of elite nights was for reaching status, so in your case with life gold, this change should not affect you. Not sure about the new benefits of gold vs the prior benefits probably something to look into before your next stay so you know what to expect.
As I thought, Gus, thanks much.

The article I referenced above mentions the benefits of Gold status. SPG members briefly benefited from the better Marriott Gold perks, which included upgrades to suites (when available) and lounge access w/continental breakfast. So - it was disappointing to go back to the old SPG/new Marriott Gold benefits when I stayed at a Marriott on August 24. Marriott members who earned Gold status by hotel stays, rather than status matching, were upgraded to Platinum status.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter