Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I usually use the Mears shared shuttle from MCO to the Swan, but not the return. It is much less expensive to buy a roundtrip ticket, than a one-way ticket. Booking online through Mears' website, use the promo code WEB10 for 10% discount.

After checking in curbside at the Mears desk (if you already have a printed copy of your receipt and Mears boarding pass), allow up to about 20 minutes to board a shuttle. There may be 2 or 3 stops prior to arriving at the Swan, as the Swan and Dolphin seem to be at the tail end of the trips.

The service is either on a passenger van or small bus, like what the rental car companies use at airports.

Like taxi service, a tip to the driver is customary.

The service is usually very reliable. The only bad experience I had was when the driver had an accident, as he was about to pick up additional pax on the other side of the airport, and ran into the gate. A supervisor responded, and we all had to move to another vehicle.
Thanks for the info. The accident sounds awful but I suppose that could happen in any vehicle.

I used the Mears shuttle going from the airport to the Swan, then Uber to get back to the airport.

I am planning to do the same thing next month. The Mears people were really great especially the driver. She was courteous and professional yet friendly and kinda fun, pointing things out for us passengers. We had a small van and stopped first at the Gaylord to drop off a couple. The Gaylord is spectacular BTW; I could stay there. :)

I was the only person going to the Swan, and I got dropped off next, then there were two people going to the Dolphin next.

With the tip and all, it was like $25.

To get back to MCO, I went with two family members using Uber. The fare was like $33 and we gave the driver like $43 or so. He was really nice too. :)
This was very helpful. Thanks!

Are the King Alcoves at Dolphin located in a specific spot? How about those connecting to a double room with a balcony?

We are finishing up our stay tonight and we are soooooo far from the pool. Just wondering if our king alcove stay will be a bit closer.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks. I don't think I'll bother to go through the hassle.
The only thing I'll add is if you are SPG member it never hurts to let them know, but you can do that without worrying about having it show up in your SPG app. Upgrades based on your SPG status can and do happen, though I've never gotten one at S/D. But I have at other locations ;)

DH has pretty good SPG status, but will not be coming with us on this trip. He will be using his points to book us some rooms. Since the rooms will be through him, would I be able to get a possible upgrade based on his status? It doesn't matter all that much, as a standard room is fine for my needs, but it would be nice. I've never done a SPG stay without him before.

Do I call SPG or Swan directly to book an upgrade?
Call SPG when you're booking. Tell them you are interested in upgrades booked on points and they'll let you know what's available. Maybe also ask about cash upgrades as well.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you use Mears to get back to the airport?

The price for Mears is about $21 per person so it would have cost more with Mears than with Uber.

My return trip was on the same flight as my brother and sister-in-law. They arrived in Florida a few days before I did and got to the resort in a Town Car with my nephew who stayed a few days after we went home.

Here are Mears' rates for shared shuttle service between MCO and Swan/Dolphin (rates reflect 10% discount with promo code WEB10):

Adult One-Way $20.70

Child One-Way $16.20

Adult Roundtrip $33.30

Child Roundtrip $25.20

I have never booked anything thru Hotwire. Do they have the Swan/Dolphin as a Hot Rate deal often? I missed out on the last one and just wondered if it is something I should be looking at everyday? Thanks!

I have never booked anything thru Hotwire. Do they have the Swan/Dolphin as a Hot Rate deal often? I missed out on the last one and just wondered if it is something I should be looking at everyday? Thanks!

I too am curious about this. We are going 11/1-11/6 and would love to stay close to Epcot.

Sometimes, when they have rooms to fill. This time they had rooms from May - Dec but they went fast once the details were spread here on the DIS. The lowest rate this time was $69-71 per night, a real bargain for the EPCOT area.

Even the Disney resorts pop up from time to time. For the Disney resorts the same general rules apply check the Hot Rate deal against the standard "Named" entry later in the Hotel list. I have only seen the Disney resorts pop up very close in, as in 60 days or less before arrival date.

Dave

Are the King Alcoves at Dolphin located in a specific spot? How about those connecting to a double room with a balcony?

We are finishing up our stay tonight and we are soooooo far from the pool. Just wondering if our king alcove stay will be a bit closer.

Thanks!

Quoting with an incomplete answer in part to hopefully help and in part to "bump" your question. It's my understanding the alcoves are in "corners" of the hotel. I've had a king alcove twice - once pre renovation and once about a month ago. Our king alcove a month ago connected to a non-balcony double. There was another possible connecting room on the other side, not sure if that one had a balcony. We were basically right on top of the elevator, so you might be accommodated if you request a specific location!

Quoting with an incomplete answer in part to hopefully help and in part to "bump" your question. It's my understanding the alcoves are in "corners" of the hotel. I've had a king alcove twice - once pre renovation and once about a month ago. Our king alcove a month ago connected to a non-balcony double. There was another possible connecting room on the other side, not sure if that one had a balcony. We were basically right on top of the elevator, so you might be accommodated if you request a specific location!
Thank you! That’s getting me a bit closer. I’ll just call Dolphin at some point and inquire. Now that I’m back, I’ll state that we were in room 4007. Not thrilled with that location. But not sure where we would be best suited. Our view was of the boardwalk sign. What is that considered??

Thank you! That’s getting me a bit closer. I’ll just call Dolphin at some point and inquire. Now that I’m back, I’ll state that we were in room 4007. Not thrilled with that location. But not sure where we would be best suited. Our view was of the boardwalk sign. What is that considered??

I would think they call that a resort view. 8063 and 8071 were our room numbers from our last trip where we had the connecting alcove. We reserved a deluxe alcove with doubles in it as well as a connecting room also with doubles. (4 adult women, we wanted 4 beds) They put us in a king deluxe alcove with connecting doubles room and told us they did not have the double deluxe alcove available despite us booking that. Actually the agent on the phone was pretty rude to us but we ended up getting a $100 food and beverage credit to use at the resort. I only mention this to point out that you may have to be assertive if they put you in a different category of room than you booked, hopefully that does not happen to you.

Our room was right off the west elevators, which was convenient for us as it was so close to the pools and picabu. We also had a view of the "bo dwalk" sign (the a and the r lights were out when we were there so that was our running joke).

Hello. My question is about the Bus Stop. Does it have the (theoretical) bus ETA like some of the other resorts? (I perused the thread but couldn't find the answer.) TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter