Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh, I just remembered what I came here to ask.... does anyone see ANY cash and points availability for the next year? at either hotel? I checked and saw nothing.....:magnify:

Oh, I just remembered what I came here to ask.... does anyone see ANY cash and points availability for the next year? at either hotel? I checked and saw nothing.....:magnify:
It’s been my experience that they don’t put out cash and points rates until much closer to the date, like a month before ish. I know other properties are different though.

Finding cash and points for the Swan or Dolphin is extremely rare. They just don't have the need to use it.
I found it once.... it ws a day of thing where our flight got cancelled and we got to stay 2 extra days (it was awesome) I guess that was a lucky find.

I found it once.... it ws a day of thing where our flight got cancelled and we got to stay 2 extra days (it was awesome) I guess that was a lucky find.

I got 2 days cash and points in late January 2018, less than at the Swan. Good deal but I imagine if you can get the Dolphin in the future it will cost as much as the Swan in cash and points.

Anyone know why the Dolphin is booked on Thursday Nov 8? It is putting a kink in my planning but if there is a big convention going on or some other disruption I may want to rethink my plans.

I'm running into this same problem. I'm making Nov 3-8th work, but I'd really like to stay through the 9th. I thought maybe it was just being wonky because I was trying to use rewards.

True, but oddly the 9th-11th are all open. It's JUST blocking the 8th.

Not Disney related, but I'm also having an odd time booking with rewards at Hyatt Place in New Orleans into 2019 too. Should be open a year ahead. Sometimes these sites are wonky and there isn't a reason behind it. 3-8th is just fine for us though. If we get an extra day, great, if not, no biggie.

So is there one succinct way to connecting a Hotwire reservation to PDE? I’ve been scrolling for over 30 minutes but can’t find anything, and my job may want me to work today ;)

So is there one succinct way to connecting a Hotwire reservation to PDE? I’ve been scrolling for over 30 minutes but can’t find anything, and my job may want me to work today ;)

Call the Swan or Dolphin (whichever one you booked) and ask for your Swan/Dolphin confirmation number to connect it to MDE. The number they gave me was 9 digits long, connected perfectly. Total call time including hold time was 4 minutes, took 30 seconds to connect on MDE.

Maybe. If you look at the rates on the SPG webpage and then select the flexible dates option you can see the problem dates. Right now Nov 8 is the only day blocked off for Nov. Maybe they are holding a large room block that they will release at some point. Worth periodically checking....
Also, the same thing happened last year for the same dates. I inquired with the Swan & Dolphin and told them I was trying to book during that time but couldn't do so because of that. Then magically availability opened up.

Also, the same thing happened last year for the same dates. I inquired with the Swan & Dolphin and told them I was trying to book during that time but couldn't do so because of that. Then magically availability opened up.

Good to know! I made MSR last night, so waiting for my points to show up and then I'll call. I also need to ask if theres any other rooms besides standard available. Points are only showing for standard but I have enough for at least resort view, possibly balcony since its only 9,600 for standard.

Good to know! I made MSR last night, so waiting for my points to show up and then I'll call. I also need to ask if theres any other rooms besides standard available. Points are only showing for standard but I have enough for at least resort view, possibly balcony since its only 9,600 for standard.
Website always only shows standard rooms on points. Always call for upgrades.

Thank you all for your help with my linking hotel and a Costco package. Yesterday I called dolphin and spoke with Sandy. She was very understanding and had to type in our situation to a manager and the manager would have to manually fix it for us and it would take 24 hours. This morning I linked the reservation # she gave me (DOLPHIN SPECIFIC, not Costco conf #) and praise Jesus it worked! Now I can reserve FP on Friday! THANK YOU for your help!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear this! :yay:

Now... good luck on booking your FP and remember to book the hardest to get ones first (FoP, 7DMT, etc...) then go back and fill in the rest of each day's FPs once those are secure.

True, but oddly the 9th-11th are all open. It's JUST blocking the 8th.

Not Disney related, but I'm also having an odd time booking with rewards at Hyatt Place in New Orleans into 2019 too. Should be open a year ahead. Sometimes these sites are wonky and there isn't a reason behind it. 3-8th is just fine for us though. If we get an extra day, great, if not, no biggie.

Maybe. If you look at the rates on the SPG webpage and then select the flexible dates option you can see the problem dates. Right now Nov 8 is the only day blocked off for Nov. Maybe they are holding a large room block that they will release at some point. Worth periodically checking....

Yes. Find out what the date is that room blocks get released. It might be a deadline listed on that (or another) conference website. I’m pretty sure this has happened to us before and availability opened up.

:scared: What a bummer. One the best things about staying in that area is not having to bus to HS. May 7 is the last day of my trip and Epcot rope drop is on my agenda but we can easily walk there and usually walk anyway to Epcot. Then later in day HDDR and MK. Sorry for those after May 7.

Thanks for the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter