Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

can anyone tell me what the 4000 rooms are like at dolphin? or are they all jumbled?
I'm not sure what you're asking, "jumbled" are you talking how they look or location? Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know? Though long you might want to jump back to page 1 of this read since Dan has some good basics about the S/D there.

I'm not sure what you're asking, "jumbled" are you talking how they look or location? Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know? Though long you might want to jump back to page 1 of this read since Dan has some good basics about the S/D there.
we just got our room ready text and i'm curious if we got something we requested - good view, etc. i just can't call them yet.

:scared: What a bummer. One the best things about staying in that area is not having to bus to HS. May 7 is the last day of my trip and Epcot rope drop is on my agenda but we can easily walk there and usually walk anyway to Epcot. Then later in day HDDR and MK. Sorry for those after May 7.

Well, there could be one hidden benefit for those staying at Swan/Dolphin. If you board the boat at the resort to head on over to Epcot, you should pretty much have your choice of seats!

On the S/D website there is the boat note. Just ready to book and told dh. He was none too happy.

so will the s/ d be the first or last pickup for epcot?

Sorry if this is a dumb or obvious question.... I am staying Dolphin (next week Yay!) booked with costco travel. I do have a Spg account, I know I can't get points for my costco pkg but is there a way to link that to the spg app? And would there even be a reason to do that? When not at Disney I usually am heavy into Hilton Honors program and on their app you can key into your room, that is why I was asking. Thanks in advance.

I’m getting excited that our trip is less than 3 weeks away! I was just wondering if anyone has experience using the free shuttle to/from the Vineland Outlet Mall. I’d really like to hit up the discount Disney store but don’t want to waste too much time outside of the parks and resort.

Also, I’m thinking of using the Mears shuttle to/from MCO. Has anyone used this? Any comments, tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for all of the help y’all have already given me on this board.

I’m getting excited that our trip is less than 3 weeks away!
Also, I’m thinking of using the Mears shuttle to/from MCO. Has anyone used this? Any comments, tips would be much appreciated.
I usually use the Mears shared shuttle from MCO to the Swan, but not the return. It is much less expensive to buy a roundtrip ticket, than a one-way ticket. Booking online through Mears' website, use the promo code WEB10 for 10% discount.

After checking in curbside at the Mears desk (if you already have a printed copy of your receipt and Mears boarding pass), allow up to about 20 minutes to board a shuttle. There may be 2 or 3 stops prior to arriving at the Swan, as the Swan and Dolphin seem to be at the tail end of the trips.

The service is either on a passenger van or small bus, like what the rental car companies use at airports.

Like taxi service, a tip to the driver is customary.

The service is usually very reliable. The only bad experience I had was when the driver had an accident, as he was about to pick up additional pax on the other side of the airport, and ran into the gate. A supervisor responded, and we all had to move to another vehicle.

I used the Mears shuttle going from the airport to the Swan, then Uber to get back to the airport.

I am planning to do the same thing next month. The Mears people were really great especially the driver. She was courteous and professional yet friendly and kinda fun, pointing things out for us passengers. We had a small van and stopped first at the Gaylord to drop off a couple. The Gaylord is spectacular BTW; I could stay there. :)

I was the only person going to the Swan, and I got dropped off next, then there were two people going to the Dolphin next.

With the tip and all, it was like $25.

To get back to MCO, I went with two family members using Uber. The fare was like $33 and we gave the driver like $43 or so. He was really nice too. :)

Sorry if this is a dumb or obvious question.... I am staying Dolphin (next week Yay!) booked with costco travel. I do have a Spg account, I know I can't get points for my costco pkg but is there a way to link that to the spg app? And would there even be a reason to do that? When not at Disney I usually am heavy into Hilton Honors program and on their app you can key into your room, that is why I was asking. Thanks in advance.
Yes you can, but it's really pointless. They linked mine, but since nothing counts (points or nights) it doesn't much matter. I don't believe they are setup for the phone/key at the S/D at this time.

Yes you can, but it's really pointless. They linked mine, but since nothing counts (points or nights) it doesn't much matter. I don't believe they are setup for the phone/key at the S/D at this time.
I linked mine from a hotwire booking I was told when I called the Dolphin to get the booking number to add to MDE that linking my SPG memeber number will help when it comes to available upgrades..

Is there any way to get multiple bookings linked so that it acts as just one booking? We booked a 5 day stay at the Swan, but it ended up being 3 separate bookings.:crazy2:

Also, due to some problems with my stay last year, I have the e-mail address of a resort concierge. They told me to contact them before my next stay, and they will make sure things are as they should be. How far out should I e-mail them? Should I do it now, or wait until closer to the stay?

Is there any way to get multiple bookings linked so that it acts as just one booking? We booked a 5 day stay at the Swan, but it ended up being 3 separate bookings.:crazy2:

I booked a reservation at the dolphin through hotwire and then added an extra night so I ended up with two reservations. I called the dolphin and asked if they could link the reservations so that I could stay in the same room. The woman I spoke to said that it was no problem and linked the reservations. My trip isn't until September so I won't know until then if it worked but the reservation agent I spoke to said I was all set.

Ok, thanks. I don't think I'll bother to go through the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter