Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Glad it worked out for you! My Swan Reserve reservation is already cancelled, so hopefully everything is able to be worked out still!

That's weird. Did they cancel the reservation or did you? The e-mail that I recevied said that "Your confirmation number from your original reservation remains active and therefore, any theme park or other reservations made through the MyDisneyExperience app will remain intact," so I still had my Swan Reserve confirmation when I called.

Unfortunately, per 4.3.a.iii, "A Participating Property must be open and operational for the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee benefit/compensation to apply."

Bonvoy knows how to cover their bases! It's really unfortunate, though, that there isn't any kind of protection when hotels don't open on time.
I was going to add subject to Terms & Conditions….thanks for posting their loophole.

I wonder if the delays are caused by contractors running behind, due to material shortages (like many industries are experiencing), or if staffing is a problem, or…?

They must have booked conferences/groups at the Reserve for the period requiring rebooking. They have a mess.

It looks like the current first available check-in date is second week of November.

51C2F923-7759-4034-B7F0-6BFC25DB0A4A.jpeg

Has anyone with a Reserve package reservation been able to successfully link it in MDE?
There was an issue before the end of May when the Reserve was linked to the Disney reservation system but the person reporting the issue with Reserve reservations not linking to MDE reported that their issue was resolved near the end May / first part of June.

The key is always where is your package from and are you entering a valid Disney reservation number.

Examples: Costco package, Disney package, Travel Agent package.

Dave

That's weird. Did they cancel the reservation or did you? The e-mail that I recevied said that "Your confirmation number from your original reservation remains active and therefore, any theme park or other reservations made through the MyDisneyExperience app will remain intact," so I still had my Swan Reserve confirmation when I called.

They made a new reservation for me at the Dolphin and then asked me to cancel on my end for the Swan Reserve. I did so after checking to see that the new reservations were in my account, but before verifying that the rate was correct. Thankfully I don't have any park days (we're only doing Boo Bash on Friday), so I don't much care about the link in MDE. I think the initial agent I got wasn't really sure what to do even though she was nice and made an effort.

That said, I called again and got an AWESOME agent who confirmed that they were having issues similar to mine where reservations should show 50k points but they are showing 60k due to a reservations error. She sent me an email outlining the rate I have in writing so I feel MUCH better now.

There was an issue before the end of May when the Reserve was linked to the Disney reservation system but the person reporting the issue with Reserve reservations not linking to MDE reported that their issue was resolved near the end May / first part of June.

The key is always where is your package from and are you entering a valid Disney reservation number.

Examples: Costco package, Disney package, Travel Agent package.

Dave
Mine is a Disney package. I have my email, but it makes me nervous when neither Disney nor Marriott systems recognize the reservation number.

They made a new reservation for me at the Dolphin and then asked me to cancel on my end for the Swan Reserve. I did so after checking to see that the new reservations were in my account, but before verifying that the rate was correct. Thankfully I don't have any park days (we're only doing Boo Bash on Friday), so I don't much care about the link in MDE. I think the initial agent I got wasn't really sure what to do even though she was nice and made an effort.

That said, I called again and got an AWESOME agent who confirmed that they were having issues similar to mine where reservations should show 50k points but they are showing 60k due to a reservations error. She sent me an email outlining the rate I have in writing so I feel MUCH better now.

Perfect. I feel like I got one of the better agents on the first try since she automatically cancelled my Reserve reservation and just moved me to the Dolphin by creating a new reservation without any issues or taking additional points. I think they are getting the hang of the system since they probably have to move everyone for all of October and who knows for November.

I was going to add subject to Terms & Conditions….thanks for posting their loophole.

I wonder if the delays are caused by contractors running behind, due to material shortages (like many industries are experiencing), or if staffing is a problem, or…?

They must have booked conferences/groups at the Reserve for the period requiring rebooking. They have a mess.

It looks like the current first available check-in date is second week of November.

View attachment 605303
Personally I think the delay is due to the absurd level of close in cancellations rumored that the area has seen the last month, Labor Day aside. “Construction delays” sounds better in an email than “we don’t want to lose money”.

Like, c’mon. They already have enough open rooms at their sister hotels to house the customers…

Didn’t you guys get a suite? Can you share the exact room type and some pics? Hope it worked out well with the little one 😊
It was called a 1 King Bed, Premium Deluxe Room . Sort of a suite in that it had two rooms but a sort of half wall between. I didn't take pictures, it was around 5 pm when the room was ready and the little one was exhausted after the long drive and hot afternoon in Epcot so we just wanted to get her in and comfortable. When I was there in April, I just had a standard room with two double beds and they came and made the bed, etc. on Wens that trip as well. I'm a Bonvoy member but only Silver Elite Status, which I just got after this trip so I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Mine is a Disney package. I have my email, but it makes me nervous when neither Disney nor Marriott systems recognize the reservation number.
OK with a Disney package you call Disney for support to get the correct confirmation number to link to MDE.

The Marriott system on needs to show the correct number of guests per room. All the magic happens in MDE after you get the confirmation number linked. You assign names from your MDE to Guest 2, Guest 3, etc...

Dave

@CBMom01 They can not, these are not Disney owned or operated so they don't have the tie in with the Disney system. I do believe you can use them at the Disney Planning Centers in each hotel as well as the Disney Gift Shop in the Dolphin.

Perfect. I feel like I got one of the better agents on the first try since she automatically cancelled my Reserve reservation and just moved me to the Dolphin by creating a new reservation without any issues or taking additional points. I think they are getting the hang of the system since they probably have to move everyone for all of October and who knows for November.
Did you speak with an in house Swolphin reservation agent or a main Marriott reservation person? We have the Nov 4 -9 booked with points and I am anticipating a complete mess with this now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter