Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Back in April Disney housekeeping was every other day and only did trash and towels so while limited, it was not done away with.

I think Dolphin is doing what they can get by with right now, as are many hotels. So what if guests complain, as long as they keep booking it doesn’t matter.
Thanks! My bad. I thought I saw someone report they were getting housekeeping on an intermittent basis (perhaps at the Swan, which is a Westin).

Thanks! My bad. I thought I saw someone report they were getting housekeeping on an intermittent basis (perhaps at the Swan, which is a Westin).

I also did not get housekeeping at Swan or at Dolphin, or at a Four Points in NYC last month. It was available upon request/scheduling at 4P but at Swolphin I requested what I needed through the app.

However at both the Swan and Dolphin I still heard a housekeeper knocking on the doors in the morning saying "housekeeping". Of course the 2 times they did this to me I was on calls, didn't answer the door, and they walked away. I suspect they were doing room checks - which Disney does now for safety reasons.
(I honestly find that knocking at random times the most annoying part of housekeeping. If I could schedule a window on an app and get 1-2 cleanings or restocks a week that would be preferable and more predictable for Marriott.)

Right now the Dolphin is $30 cheaper than the Swan for our trip in October. I’ve never stayed at Swan but have at the Dolphin. Is there that much of a difference between Swan’s beds and the rooms vs Dolphin’s?

I also did not get housekeeping at Swan or at Dolphin, or at a Four Points in NYC last month. It was available upon request/scheduling at 4P but at Swolphin I requested what I needed through the app.

However at both the Swan and Dolphin I still heard a housekeeper knocking on the doors in the morning saying "housekeeping". Of course the 2 times they did this to me I was on calls, didn't answer the door, and they walked away. I suspect they were doing room checks - which Disney does now for safety reasons.
(I honestly find that knocking at random times the most annoying part of housekeeping. If I could schedule a window on an app and get 1-2 cleanings or restocks a week that would be preferable and more predictable for Marriott.)
When I was down at Dolphin a few different times earlier this year, I was able to request housekeeping, but whether it actually happened was a bit hit and miss. I’ll gauge again in November when I’m down for the W&D

Right now the Dolphin is $30 cheaper than the Swan for our trip in October. I’ve never stayed at Swan but have at the Dolphin. Is there that much of a difference between Swan’s beds and the rooms vs Dolphin’s?
Not much of a difference although check the room views. Some view categories are terrible (i.e. you could end up looking at an AC unit on the roof)!

The biggest difference are queen beds (Swan) vs double beds (Dolphin).

We've stayed at both and I just like the layout of the Swan more.

I stayed at both this week, my comparison is above. I preferred the Swan, but that was with a $10/night difference for just a couple nights. So depends how long you are going.

My view from the Dolphin was better (fireworks) but I had a balcony at the Swan. Swan is just a smaller hotel and doesn't have the big lobby. I felt like the breakfast quick serve at Swan was faster. For some reason I had an ottoman at Swan but not Dolphin - not sure that's standard or just random luck.

I know Dolphin transfers luggage to Disney resorts, but do Disney resorts transfer luggage to Dolphin?

Back in April Disney housekeeping was every other day and only did trash and towels so while limited, it was not done away with.

I think Dolphin is doing what they can get by with right now, as are many hotels. So what if guests complain, as long as they keep booking it doesn’t matter.
We were there last week from Mon - Sat. We requested water, trash bags and towels on Tues (had a baby with us so used lots of water for formula and lots of trash bags for diapers). They brought those within 20 min. On Wens, when we got back to our room around 2 or so, they had been in and made the bed, more water and towels, took away dirty towels from bathroom and emptied trash. We were told at check in there would be no housekeeping so I was surprised they had even been in the room. The same thing happened when I was there in April, they came mid-week and straightened up. I usually request no housekeeping since I don't really need them when I'm solo, I keep things pretty clean.

I had (have?) a reservation October 13-15 and I just received an email that they are no longer able to honor it due to construction delays. I used Marriott points plus a free night and (obviously) the redemption rate has increased... I'm on hold now while the reservations agent tries to figure out if they are able to accommodate my reservation at the standard Swan or Dolphin, but she didn't sound optimistic because the other properties are showing as sold out.

Super annoying... I'll update this with what eventually happens.

We were there last week from Mon - Sat. We requested water, trash bags and towels on Tues (had a baby with us so used lots of water for formula and lots of trash bags for diapers). They brought those within 20 min. On Wens, when we got back to our room around 2 or so, they had been in and made the bed, more water and towels, took away dirty towels from bathroom and emptied trash. We were told at check in there would be no housekeeping so I was surprised they had even been in the room. The same thing happened when I was there in April, they came mid-week and straightened up. I usually request no housekeeping since I don't really need them when I'm solo, I keep things pretty clean.
Didn’t you guys get a suite? Can you share the exact room type and some pics? Hope it worked out well with the little one 😊

I had (have?) a reservation October 13-15 and I just received an email that they are no longer able to honor it due to construction delays. I used Marriott points plus a free night and (obviously) the redemption rate has increased... I'm on hold now while the reservations agent tries to figure out if they are able to accommodate my reservation at the standard Swan or Dolphin, but she didn't sound optimistic because the other properties are showing as sold out.

FYI - marriott site shows Dolphin as available, so hopefully they can make it work for you.

Same! I was Oct 11-15 and I got the same email and using points and free nights so they really screwed me as there is no availability at the Swan or Dolphin. I'm hoping to get my free night certificates extended otherwise I'm not going to be able to use them. So annoying!

FYI - marriott site shows Dolphin as available, so hopefully they can make it work for you.

Yup! It looks like that is their plan for me but they "need to let the reservations system freshen up a little bit" because it isn't working at the moment LOL

Just as a quick breakdown, we had redeemed 40k points for the 13th and a Marriott free night certificate for the 14th at the Swan Reserve, so total out of pocket was to be [40k points + free night cert + all fees]. The following is a quick breakdown of this lovely 45 minute call (seriously the reservations agent was really nice and as helpful as she could be but they have some weird management issues over there):
  1. Their first offer was to move us over to the Dolphin but it would be 50k points for one night plus my certificate for the second night, which would mean I would pay 10k more points to move to the Dolphin. That would be really stupid, so I told the agent the agent as much, asked if they could just credit me 10k points as "compensation" or something (which anyone familiar with Marriott knows management absolutely has the power to do) or waive the resort fee, and she said she would talk to management.
  2. Their second offer after speaking with management was to just waive the resort fee, but I would have to pay the 10k point difference... it's like negotiating with a brick wall. This probably wasn't that bad of an offer, but ehhhhhh... I told the reservation agent that I wasn't upset at her, but asking me to move to another hotel and pay them more when they cancelled my reservation is bordering on psychotic, and she went to speak to management again.
  3. The final offer was to charge 50k points plus the resort fee for the first night, but comp the second night (I assume, but didn't confirm that I'd pay the resort fee) and let me keep my free night certificate. I gladly accepted this.
Turns out their system is screwed up, though, and when they made my reservation, the first night was showing 60k points. When I pointed this out to the reservation agent, she put me on hold for a while and came back to tell me that "need to let the reservations system freshen up a little bit," and to call back tomorrow. They promised that they'd honor the 50k for the first night plus the second night comped, and I really do understand that this is a good deal and they could have just told me to screw off if they really felt like it.

Still, basically the only reason we're staying here is to check out the new Swan Reserve (fail), and get rid of my Marriott free night cert that's expiring (fail), so I am just a little let down by the whole thing.

Yup! It looks like that is their plan for me but they "need to let the reservations system freshen up a little bit" because it isn't working at the moment LOL

Just as a quick breakdown, we had redeemed 40k points for the 13th and a Marriott free night certificate for the 14th at the Swan Reserve, so total out of pocket was to be [40k points + free night cert + all fees]. The following is a quick breakdown of this lovely 45 minute call (seriously the reservations agent was really nice and as helpful as she could be but they have some weird management issues over there):
  1. Their first offer was to move us over to the Dolphin but it would be 50k points for one night plus my certificate for the second night, which would mean I would pay 10k more points to move to the Dolphin. That would be really stupid, so I told the agent the agent as much, asked if they could just credit me 10k points as "compensation" or something (which anyone familiar with Marriott knows management absolutely has the power to do) or waive the resort fee, and she said she would talk to management.
  2. Their second offer after speaking with management was to just waive the resort fee, but I would have to pay the 10k point difference... it's like negotiating with a brick wall. This probably wasn't that bad of an offer, but ehhhhhh... I told the reservation agent that I wasn't upset at her, but asking me to move to another hotel and pay them more when they cancelled my reservation is bordering on psychotic, and she went to speak to management again.
  3. The final offer was to charge 50k points plus the resort fee for the first night, but comp the second night (I assume, but didn't confirm that I'd pay the resort fee) and let me keep my free night certificate. I gladly accepted this.
Turns out their system is screwed up, though, and when they made my reservation, the first night was showing 60k points. When I pointed this out to the reservation agent, she put me on hold for a while and came back to tell me that "need to let the reservations system freshen up a little bit," and to call back tomorrow. They promised that they'd honor the 50k for the first night plus the second night comped, and I really do understand that this is a good deal and they could have just told me to screw off if they really felt like it.

Still, basically the only reason we're staying here is to check out the new Swan Reserve (fail), and get rid of my Marriott free night cert that's expiring (fail), so I am just a little let down by the whole thing.

Adding another data point since I had one night at the Swan Reserve booked using points (not a certificate) on October 13. The agent I spoke with was FANTASTIC. I was expecting to be told that there is nothing they could do, but she provided me the option of the Swan or Dolphin and switched me at no charge. The whole call (aside from being on hold) took about three minutes. I chose the Dolphin since I have a paid stay there on October 14 and didn't want to hotel-hop. The reservation agent mentioned that they are still being trained on how to switch people, and it's still new to a lot of them. She also said that they are holding points nights reservations internally (🤫) because they know that they will have to move people from the Reserve. Also, while the website was showing 60,000 points for around my dates (and nothing for my exact night), I used 50,000 for the Reserve and did not have to use any additional points when they re-booked me at the Dolphin. Just bring your patience the next time you call them, and hopefully the agent will be able to help move you.

Adding another data point since I had one night at the Swan Reserve booked using points (not a certificate) on October 13. The agent I spoke with was FANTASTIC. I was expecting to be told that there is nothing they could do, but she provided me the option of the Swan or Dolphin and switched me at no charge. The whole call (aside from being on hold) took about three minutes. I chose the Dolphin since I have a paid stay there on October 14 and didn't want to hotel-hop. The reservation agent mentioned that they are still being trained on how to switch people, and it's still new to a lot of them. She also said that they are holding points nights reservations internally (🤫) because they know that they will have to move people from the Reserve. Also, while the website was showing 60,000 points for around my dates (and nothing for my exact night), I used 50,000 for the Reserve and did not have to use any additional points when they re-booked me at the Dolphin. Just bring your patience the next time you call them, and hopefully the agent will be able to help move you.

Glad it worked out for you! My Swan Reserve reservation is already cancelled, so hopefully everything is able to be worked out still!

For those who are being notified that their confirmed reservations for an upcoming stay at the Reserve cannot be honored, check to see if the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee applies, due to your Bonvoy elite status.

If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience. To be eligible, you must provide your member number when making a reservation. Compensation varies by hotel brand.

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee

Reactions: cm8
For those who are being notified that their confirmed reservations for an upcoming stay at the Reserve cannot be honored, check to see if the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee applies, due to your Bonvoy elite status.

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee

Unfortunately, per 4.3.a.iii, "A Participating Property must be open and operational for the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee benefit/compensation to apply."

Bonvoy knows how to cover their bases! It's really unfortunate, though, that there isn't any kind of protection when hotels don't open on time.

Unfortunately, per 4.3.a.iii, "A Participating Property must be open and operational for the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee benefit/compensation to apply."

Bonvoy knows how to cover their bases! It's really unfortunate, though, that there isn't any kind of protection when hotels don't open on time.
Yes, if they TOOK the reservation, they should be able to HOLD the reservation…..🤣🤣🤣 (hope somebody got my Seinfeld reference).

Seriously, no matter what the fine print says, if they allow you to make a reservation, and THEY can’t fulfill it, they should find you something comparable at NO additional cost to you, even if (or maybe ESPECIALLY if) you’re using rewards to pay for it. Period. I expect nothing less from Marriott (and I think all loyalty members should be able to expect the same), and hope they make it right for all of you who are affected.

The issue with the Reserve reservations is currently impacting guests differently based on how the system processes paid (deposits or pre-paid) reservations vs redemption of Points reservations and Free night coupons.

For a paid reservation the Marriott system allows a rep easily move you to the Swan & Dolphin or any other Marriott property since they are only moving deposits or pre-paid amonts. Points require a new manual process since the Reserve is a different Hotel Collection. The timing of your call and the skills of the reservation agent makes this even more unbalanced.

Not saying it is right or wrong but just a quick point about why guests are receiving different experiences since the opening of the Reserve is still delayed.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter