Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are considering a Swan or Dolphin stay for a family Xmas vacation for 2019. The rates aren't out yet, but I checkout out this years for 4 nites on the Govt employee rate and it was weirdly reasonable! The rates for next year don't come out until 350 days out, so we will have to wait and see. Anyone have any tips on booking that time of year let me know! Thx

We are considering a Swan or Dolphin stay for a family Xmas vacation for 2019. The rates aren't out yet, but I checkout out this years for 4 nites on the Govt employee rate and it was weirdly reasonable! The rates for next year don't come out until 350 days out, so we will have to wait and see. Anyone have any tips on booking that time of year let me know! Thx

Even with busy times of year keep an eye on Hotwire and Priceline. We got Dolphin through a Hotwire blind deal (that wasn't so blind at the time) for $87 per night plus tax and resort fee... which would be amazing anytime, but this is for Thanksgiving week, Saturday-Saturday!

I think it’s actually 352 days. Make sure you book refundable and you can cancel if a better rate comes along. If you’re not already a member, join Marriott rewards program, they have member rates which are a bit lower.

Trying to get ahead of any MDE issue before they start. We booked 2 rooms at the Swan last night on Priceline Express for a December trip. Yay! :santa:
I'm assuming their system only has 2 registered guests in each room, since Priceline only guarantees double occupancy. I need 4 (3 adults - 1 child) in one room and 3 (adults) in the other.
We received 2 - 9 digit hotel confirmation numbers from Priceline. Before I even try putting them into MDE, I thought we should get the number of guests confirmed. What is the best way to do this? My husband is an SPG member, with a low amount of points. Should he call Starwood first? Call the Swan directly first? Can the Swan add his SPG number to the reservation?
So excited to try the Swan, we've been to the Dolphin twice! And, our first December trip!
Thanks for any advice you might have!

Just to follow up, for information purposes, if anyone else books a Priceline Express Deal, this was our experience. The 9-digit confirmation numbers from Priceline did work in MDE, but we did have to call the Swan several times to get the correct number of guests in each room. We would call, they said they added the guests, we would wait a day or two, check MDE, still not updated. Finally, someone was able to add them, but she said we would be charged $50/night for the additional guests. I still have a few weeks before we make Fastpasses, but MDE does look correct and I have everyone matched to my Friends and Family.
:goodvibes

Again, we are so excited to try the Swan at Christmas!

491EA4FF-069D-4E2D-914B-C0F89CA43C9B.jpeg Got this notice today from Costco Travel. I have a package reservation through them for the Dolphin beginning the 2nd week of December. I’m not a happy camper with this news. Just a heads up for all you you headed there for the holidays.

View attachment 355300 Got this notice today from Costco Travel. I have a package reservation through them for the Dolphin beginning the 2nd week of December. I’m not a happy camper with this news. Just a heads up for all you you headed there for the holidays.

How clever of me to have scheduled our DHS day for November 27th. ;)
At least it’s an easy walk to Epcot but I’m sorry to see this down (again!) for others.

They could not have done the Gondola work last May-June. They were busy building the gondola towers back then and the stations at Epcot and HS.

Here is what the Swan / Dolphin are showing, notice the end date is 1 week earlier than Christmas day.

Friendship Boat Service.jpg

This work sounds like it will be cable pulls that will impact all the Epcot resorts and just not the Swan / Dolphin.

Dave

Last edited:
They could not have done the Gondola work last May-June. They were busy building the gondola towers back then and the stations at Epcot and HS.

Here is what the Swan / Dolphin are showing, notice the end date is 1 week earlier than Christmas day.

View attachment 355347

This work sounds like it will be cable pulls that will impact all the Epcot resorts and just not the Swan / Dolphin.

Dave

Can you please tell me where the Gondala towers are being built around the Swan/Dolphin? We have paid for a balcony/ fireworks room at the Dolphin in the beginning of December. I don't want to look at construction if I can avoid it. Thanks so much!

@The Pluto People this image might help you out. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

upload_2017-2-14_19-9-41-png.220395

Steve,
Thanks for the map. You're right - it looks like we will be fine. But why would construction on these towers stop the boats from operating? I was so hoping to get a room looking at Epcot and seeing the boats.

@The Pluto People my guess is if they are stringing the cables they can't have boats running too. The location of the tower near the Epcot's International Gateway entrance would appear to be one that is clearly impacted. I do believe the boats are docked in Epcot, sort of tucked behind the China Pavilion. So could be an issue of getting them out during that time frame too.

@The Pluto People my guess is if they are stringing the cables they can't have boats running too. The location of the tower near the Epcot's International Gateway entrance would appear to be one that is clearly impacted. I do believe the boats are docked in Epcot, sort of tucked behind the China Pavilion. So could be an issue of getting them out during that time frame too.

Steve: thanks for the map and information - it’s very much appreciated!

Thanks for the map. Like The Pluto People I was concerned about the impact aside from the Friendship boats. I’m still disappointed as I’ve stayed at S&D many times before, but this upcoming trip I’m bringing a friend for her first trip there. She’s heard me rave about it there so missing the boat rides will be a big part of the overall experience missed. I have always found the boats to be a much less stressful alternative to buses. That will leave us walking, but I’ve got a foot injury I’m recovering from so let’s hope that is healed up before our trip.

sorry for my what seems like a silly question, but I didn't see it under the "dining" section, but since the Swan/Dolphin are not Disney hotels and I can't use a magic band to charge to the room, I'm also assuming I can't use a Disney gift card at the restaurants or to pay hotel charges, right?

We are planning our first trip to the Swan in February and this is our first trip there! Super excited!!

thanks!

sorry for my what seems like a silly question, but I didn't see it under the "dining" section, but since the Swan/Dolphin are not Disney hotels and I can't use a magic band to charge to the room, I'm also assuming I can't use a Disney gift card at the restaurants or to pay hotel charges, right?

We are planning our first trip to the Swan in February and this is our first trip there! Super excited!!

thanks!
That is correct. You can use Disney gift cards in the two Disney gift shops, one in each the Swan and the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter