Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Do the Swan and Dolphin have discounts like Disney? I thought the prices would come down today with the new Disney discounts, but I have never stayed at Swan or Dolphin before. I'm looking February dates. Do they drop rates at some point or do they just get more expensive?

@Dave006 has given you good advice. To clarify, Swan/Dolphin discounts are not tied to Disney promotions and the new Disney discounts are not applicable at the Swan/Dolphin. I would suggest booking a refundable rate and keeping an eye out for a better deal as your date comes closer.

Do the Swan and Dolphin have discounts like Disney? I thought the prices would come down today with the new Disney discounts, but I have never stayed at Swan or Dolphin before. I'm looking February dates. Do they drop rates at some point or do they just get more expensive?

You can keep an eye here:
https://www.swandolphin.com/offers/index.html
There are other discounts available, including Senior and AP, though these are not as great as Disney's Deluxe discounts (but, then, the rack rates are lower at Swan and Dolphin). As others have said, it's recommended that you book a refundable rate, which will offer "no penalty" cancelation, with a minimum 5 day notice. I believe that Febrary is considered peak season, as I know that SPG points bookings have always been about 1/3 higher, than other times of the year; I'm not sure, though, if it's the entire month.

Do not try to book the Swan or Dolphin through Disney. Book directly through above link.
If you do not have a Marriott or SPG loyalty account, I suggest signing up before booking. Member rates are sometimes competitive.

With a refundable rate booked, you can always keep checking back for a rate reduction.

There are a number who have posted here about Costco packages, which offer fairly good deals. If you are a member, or know someone who is, you might want to check out that option.

Last edited:
Back from a 2 week trip to Orlando, during which I spent 2 x 5 night stays at The Dolphin.... Thought I'd share my thoughts and experience with you just for fun. First 5 nights I was in 4200, second 5 nights in the dizzy heights of 14113. I was solo in the rooms, although I was there with others who were staying at The Boardwalk.

The good:
- First ever visit to Dolphin. My word, that lobby is fabulous, absolutely loved it
- 14113 was amazing! I couldn't believe they gave me this room, I didn't upgrade or anything (although on both check ins I was pitched $20 upgrades). The view was incredible, could see fireworks from Epcot and DHS. I was over the moon with this room.
- I am still dreaming of the Pineapple Crush cocktail from Phins. I just loved coming back from a busy day in the parks and relaxing at this beautiful bar and lobby
- My first Epcot resort area trip - adored being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Didn't find the DHS walk bad at all, even with the construction. Was there in 20 minutes.
- Laundry facilities were excellent
- Really nice gym, enjoyed the video fitness class room
- Gorgeous pool - although I never went in it and spent any time there beyond walking round!! (For shame)
- Rooms were modern, comfortable and well appointed. I liked that they were modern in styling, more appealing to me than the classic old fashioned charm Disney tends to go for (Boardwalk)
- I just loved walking up the approach to the Dolphin with the music playing etc. It is so majestic, feels like a real "destination"
- I did not feel like I was missing out on Disney magic at all, which was great

The "could do better"
- The carpets in the corridors, can we replace these please?! Geezo. They are so worn out the pattern is gone. Looked really cheap and tacky.
- 4200 wasn't a room worth recommending really. Location was uninspiring to say the least, overlooked the bus stop. Did not find thing noisy or distracting in any way though. Shower took ages to heat up (a good 5 minutes). It's far end of the building so a bit of a walk. Check In also directed me to the wrong elevators and it took me ages to figure out what was going on and find the room.

The Dolphin definitely has a convert, I think this is my hotel of choice in all of WDW now.

Back from a 2 week trip to Orlando, during which I spent 2 x 5 night stays at The Dolphin.... Thought I'd share my thoughts and experience with you just for fun. First 5 nights I was in 4200, second 5 nights in the dizzy heights of 14113. I was solo in the rooms, although I was there with others who were staying at The Boardwalk.

The "could do better"
- The carpets in the corridors, can we replace these please?! Geezo. They are so worn out the pattern is gone. Looked really cheap and tacky.

The Dolphin definitely has a convert, I think this is my hotel of choice in all of WDW now.

The carpeting in the upper floor corridors at both the Dolphin and Swan has often triggered guest comments about it wearing out. In fact, the pattern is very deceiving and causing the misnomer of it being worn. When following the pattern repeat of the carpet, the portion of the pattern that looks like it's worn occurs in different areas, including those where there is never any foot or rolling traffic.

The architect/designer who specified the carpet probably never ever imagined that the design would elicit comments about noticeable wear,shortly after the carpet was installed.

The carpet in the corridors is neither cheap, nor worn, just a poor design.

Last edited:

I'm gonna spend a minute and get some carpet close-up pics next month. Shouldn't be too hard. I'm really wondering because of all of the comments

I looked closely at the carpet at The Swan last December, because of the comments here. The "worn" part is a wavy, back and forth pattern. I can see why some would think it was "worn", but it isn't. It's just the pattern.

Has anyone ever booked with a Teacher discount? Is it a good deal? Also, do you get magic bands if staying at the Swan or Dolphin? TIA

I looked closely at the carpet at The Swan last December, because of the comments here. The "worn" part is a wavy, back and forth pattern. I can see why some would think it was "worn", but it isn't. It's just the pattern.

I thought it was worn too, until someone pointed out it was the pattern. Very bad choice on the part of whoever picked it.

I understand there are AAA discounts at some of the Swolphin restaurants. Can anyone tell me which restaurants and how much? Is the character breakfast at Garden Grove included?

The carpeting in the upper floor corridors at both the Dolphin and Swan has often triggered guest comments about it wearing out. In fact, the pattern is very deceiving and causing the misnomer of it being worn. When following the pattern repeat of the carpet, the portion of the pattern that looks like it's worn occurs in different areas, including those where there is never any foot or rolling traffic.

The architect/designer who specified the carpet probably never ever imagined that the design would elicit comments about noticeable wear,shortly after the carpet was installed.

The carpet in the corridors is neither cheap, nor worn, just a poor design.

Wow, for real? I am staggered that they intentionally laid that carpet and left it there, ha! It’s awful.

Has anyone ever booked with a Teacher discount? Is it a good deal? Also, do you get magic bands if staying at the Swan or Dolphin? TIA

I haven't booked with the teacher's discount, but have booked with the nurse's discount in the past. It used to be pretty good...comparable to the AAA discount. It isn't anymore.

No magic bands if you stay at the Swan/Dolphin, but you can use an old one, or buy one. You can't use it to charge to the room, or as a room key.

I gotta see a picture of this carpet.
Is this the carpet?

images

I've been there since the renovation, but did not specifically notice the carpet. It does look bad though.
We were there after I saw the carpet mentioned here so I looked closely. On first glance, it looks bad but then you notice the wear pattern repeats. Not in a good way.

The corridor carpet appearance is not an issue just among DISers. A 2018 Trip Advisor post comments that the 'Carpets are from 20 years ago, are stained and worn,' though the corridor carpet was not installed 20 years ago; it was installed only a few years ago and always looked like that, from day one. It's unfortunate that the "official response" from the Swan missed the boat; it seems like a canned reply.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Locatio...7-Walt_Disney_World_Swan-Orlando_Florida.html

It's so bad it's kinda funny actually. What were they thinking?! Who even designed and put that carpet into print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter