Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Sounds like you are paying extra points for a resort view balcony. It's 1,000 extra per night for that upgrade and the most common one bookable with points.

Thanks for confirming that a balcony is part of that category!

I've been meaning to post on here about our recent stay at The Swan 9/13-9/23.

We had an executive suite with 2 bedrooms attached and an additional resort room down the hall for two young families and their parents and favorite aunt. ;)

We stayed in an executive suite last year and loved it. This year, it was even better; we got 4 balconies attached to the suite. We were on the top floor (7th) of the West Wing with views of the resort and Epcot. The parlor room itself felt very spacious.

Same as last year, the staff impressed me with their graciousness. Anything we asked for (more water, blankets, coffee), they happily provided in good quantity.

This trip, we were at the pools less, but we dined at the resort more. Had great dinners at the Garden Grove and Cabanas Beach Bar. (Tip: At Cabanas, order a frozen drink with a $2 floater.)

Got regular room service one late night and a big order from Kimonos delivered to the room another. To my surprise, they gave us 20% off the bill for AAA and charged only $5 to deliver our little sushi, tempura and noodles/dumpling feast to our suite on a nicely linened dolly with plenty of plates, utensils and condiments.

We also hit up The Fountain and Picabu. The Taqueria at Picabu is great. The skirt steak from it (and at Cabanas) was very good, tender and flavorful. We got pizza delivered from Flippers in Lake Buena Vista two nights.

The pools were usable early in the morning until late at night. If you go down early in the AM, grab pool towels from a bin over by Splash before you head to the hot tubs over by the Dolphin.

I have to give an honorable mention to the wonderful cucumber, citrus and mint infused water in the lobby. Any time we passed it the lobby, I had to grab a cup. Really nice and refreshing.

Needless to say, my family and I love this resort. It's just fabulous in every way. :)

ETA: I am wild about the scent in the lobby. It reminds me of the B&BW White Tea and Ginger scent, though it's more subtle. Little touches like this and the infused water help make it an outstanding resort.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard whether SPG free breakfasts might be available at the new grab and go at the Dolphin (in addition to Fresh and Garden Grove)?

Another pool question. I know it's "heated" but does that mean it's swimmable in early March? Any pools more likely to be warmer than others? We are hoping to catch some pool time in the afternoons . . .

If the pools are too cold, what are your favorite activities to do with kids around the resort so we can get some downtime after busy mornings/early afternoons in the parks?

Another pool question. I know it's "heated" but does that mean it's swimmable in early March? Any pools more likely to be warmer than others? We are hoping to catch some pool time in the afternoons . . .

If the pools are too cold, what are your favorite activities to do with kids around the resort so we can get some downtime after busy mornings/early afternoons in the parks?

We visited last Feb-mar and swam every day. Can't remember if they were heated, but the temp was great for our New England blood!

Does anyone know if the pool slide has a height requirement?
When we went in June there were no lifeguards on duty, so I would assume that would mean there is no height requirement for the slide since no one was there to enforce it.

The swan pool is heated warm. Like, WARM.

All of the pools are heated, but The Grotto pool and the two that adjoin it are not as warm as the others. I think the rectangular pool in front of The Cabana is kept warm like the Swan pool, but the round spring pool between the grotto and the rectangular pool in front of the Cabana is REALLY warm, but only a few feet deep, maybe like three feet?

SO -
Rectangular pool right next to Swan - VERY WARM
Round pool closer to Dolphin VERY, VERY WARM
Rectangular pool closest to Dolphin - I think it's as warm as the Swan's pool.

Grotto pool - not kept as warm as those three.

The pools won't be too cold. The pools might be warmer than the air, and there's like 3 or 4 hot tubs too.

For downtime, there are tiny arcades at each hotel, chasing lizards in the walkway between the two hotels is fun for a while. BUT -

The Boardwalk is basically at the back door of the Swan, and there are some interesting activities if you catch them at the right time. The Boardwalk isn't some huge, grand thing, either, so it's not overwhelming in the least. And if you have hoppers, the street shows at World Showcase shouldn't be missed. Just a quick walk over to epcot, and relax while watching. The mini golf course is VERY close as well.

Last edited:

The main pool at the Dolphin has a waterfall, a slide, and is quite large, so it has the coolest water. There are three smaller pools near it and one kiddie pool. I would guess the water would be warmer in those, but the warmest pool when we stayed there in late February was the lap pool next to the Swan. It's a salt water pool and I'm told it holds the heat more because of the salt.

Every day next to the Concierge desk, the resort puts up a poster listing planned activities for children. There are dance parties, Bingo games, crafts, hair beading, etc. Also, there are ping pong tables, basketball courts and beach volley ball in the pool area, and Fantasia miniature golf is located there as well.

Great info about food/beverage options in the new Dolphin lobby:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...hins-and-fuel-in-disney-worlds-dolphin-hotel/

Everything looks/sounds great...maybe, so much so, that guests from other EPCOT resorts will stop over and enjoy, as well.
Thanks for that great link, shoreward. I checked with AJ at the DFB and asked her if okay to add that link to the OP, lots of great information there. She said, yes, for sure.

AJ also added that she will be at the Dolphin in a couple weeks and if anybody wanted to know ANYTHING regarding food/dining/etc at S/D. Anybody????

DD11 is curious about what movies they play at night outside. We will be there Christmas week, so we know the movies will change, but just curious if they are similar to what is shown at the Disney resorts. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter