Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

It takes at least a day for any cancelled Swan or Dolphin bookings to drop off from MDE, just like it takes at least a day for them to show up. Give it a few business days to update.

I thought that might be it, but wasn't sure. Thank you!

Thanks! My DH is Gold. We'd already spent some extra points to get a Grand Deluxe balcony room, and I'm hoping his Gold benefit of getting a room upgrade (subject to availability) will move us up in priority to get the view we prefer.
Just make sure to let them know your desired view ahead of your trip.

I like the east wing, higher floor, hopefully a Boardwalk/Epcot view.

I'm planning my first trip, but I read through most of the posts in this thread to find recommendations and the process. Some have preferred a view of Tower of Terror at HS. But the majority seem to agree with Dan. I ended up going with room locations recommended in the Unofficial Disney book by the Touring Plans guys, which is what Dan said.

Me again - doing a lot of Disney planning stuff today to check it off my list.

When is the best time of day to call the front desk/concierge to confirm requests/reservations? I'm assuming I'd avoid 3-6 p.m. because they'll be busy with check-ins ...

Me again - doing a lot of Disney planning stuff today to check it off my list.

When is the best time of day to call the front desk/concierge to confirm requests/reservations? I'm assuming I'd avoid 3-6 p.m. because they'll be busy with check-ins ...
I would say 8-10 AM, 1-3 PM and maybe 6-8 PM. Eastern time.

Hi Everyone,

Questions about tickets/magic bands.......

My family of 4 all have theirs from our recent July trip so I assume when we purchase our tickets we just apply them to our magic bands correct??

From what I read in this thread we can only use the bands for theme park entrances & FP's correct?

We are traveling with a group of 17 other people who don't have them. So I assume they use their tickets they will purchase online?? How do they take advantage of EMH, show their room key???

Just trying to figure this all out as it is different from my july trip as we stayed in Port Orleans, thanks!!

Hi all! Booked a 3 night stay in January using points! We did Swan last February and had a great visit! This time we had enough points to swing 3 nights in a resort view at Dolphin in January.

The Starwood person I spoke with mentioned the room would have a balcony - is that accurate? With 2 little ones, a balcony is a huge must have (for adult drinks post-bedtime :thumbsup2). Would love to upgrade to an Epcot view if one comes available - but wondered about chance of a balcony for those??

Thanks for any info you can share!

Hi all! Booked a 3 night stay in January using points! We did Swan last February and had a great visit! This time we had enough points to swing 3 nights in a resort view at Dolphin in January.

The Starwood person I spoke with mentioned the room would have a balcony - is that accurate? With 2 little ones, a balcony is a huge must have (for adult drinks post-bedtime :thumbsup2). Would love to upgrade to an Epcot view if one comes available - but wondered about chance of a balcony for those??

Thanks for any info you can share!

I depends on how many points you are paying, per night. If you are paying 10,000 points, that's a Traditional room, which is basic, with no balcony. Of course, if you have elite status, you may be given a comped upgrade, based on availability.

You can see what category of room you are in, when looking at your confirmation. Some Resort View and EPCOT Fireworks View rooms have balconies, but not all of them.

I depends on how many points you are paying, per night. If you are paying 10,000 points, that's a Traditional room, which is basic, with no balcony. Of course, if you have elite status, you may be given a comped upgrade, based on availability.

You can see what category of room you are in, when looking at your confirmation. Some Resort View and EPCOT Fireworks View rooms have balconies, but not all of them.

We are "paying" extra points for the resort view - and should have platinum status at the time of our trip. But we didn't get any upgrades last year at Swan as platinum, so didn't want to count on that (hence the extra points for resort view). I guess we can beg for a balcony at check-in!

Hi Everyone,

Questions about tickets/magic bands.......

My family of 4 all have theirs from our recent July trip so I assume when we purchase our tickets we just apply them to our magic bands correct?? Yes

From what I read in this thread we can only use the bands for theme park entrances & FP's correct? Yes, plus Photopass

We are traveling with a group of 17 other people who don't have them. So I assume they use their tickets they will purchase online?? How do they take advantage of EMH, show their room key??? Yes

Just trying to figure this all out as it is different from my july trip as we stayed in Port Orleans, thanks!!
Yes to all your questions.

We are "paying" extra points for the resort view - and should have platinum status at the time of our trip. But we didn't get any upgrades last year at Swan as platinum, so didn't want to count on that (hence the extra points for resort view). I guess we can beg for a balcony at check-in!
Sounds like you are paying extra points for a resort view balcony. It's 1,000 extra per night for that upgrade and the most common one bookable with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter