Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Interested in doing split stay with Poly and Dolphin. I know Disney will transfer bags between their resorts, will they transfer from Poly to Dolphin or will I have to Uber it myself?

They have a refillable mug but it is just for the Swan and Dolphin.

They have coffee makers in the room, but they are not Keurigs- they have circular pods that have Starbucks coffee.

The TV's have a Starwood channel and a resort channel that has some park information, but not the same as Disney resorts.

ETA: It looks like the S&D have the "Must Do Disney" channel, but not the other Disney Resort Channels
Thanks for the great info! I have a follow up question - do the coffee makers have the ability to make tea? Basically just heat up water if I bring tea bags? Thanks so much!

You guys are all so helpful! I have another question. Sorry to be a pest. :(
We are doing a split stay, starting at a Disney resort then moving to the Dolphin. I was wondering how the ADRs and FP+ will work? I thought I read that Swan and Dolphin was exempt from the 180+10 on the ADRs? So, how does that work? Will I be able to do 180+10 ADRs for the Disney portion and then the clock resets for the Dolphin portion? Will I have to do 180 each day on the ADRs and cannot do it at one time? I was wondering if FP+ was similar. . . 60 days out, doing it each day.
Thank you so much for your help! I have recently discovered this community and it is wonderful!

I have another followup question. What is the cheapest way to get from the Swan to the airport? We were planning to use Uber but after seeing it may cost close to $100, that's out. If I have to, I will book my last night at a Disney resort to use the Magical Express but that would be a little inconvenient. Any ideas? What about taking our luggage over to the Boardwalk and catching an Uber from there? Do they only allow Uber black too?
I was referring to this post. I don't think $20 is a lot at all! (I was using my phone to post, it looks like it quoted the wrong post now that I look back at it!) So, if Uber Black is the only Uber option at MCO I am best to go with a taxi I guess.

You guys are all so helpful! I have another question. Sorry to be a pest. :(
We are doing a split stay, starting at a Disney resort then moving to the Dolphin. I was wondering how the ADRs and FP+ will work? I thought I read that Swan and Dolphin was exempt from the 180+10 on the ADRs? So, how does that work? Will I be able to do 180+10 ADRs for the Disney portion and then the clock resets for the Dolphin portion? Will I have to do 180 each day on the ADRs and cannot do it at one time? I was wondering if FP+ was similar. . . 60 days out, doing it each day.
Thank you so much for your help! I have recently discovered this community and it is wonderful!

You are correct about dining. You will be able to make dining reservations for your whole Disney resort stay 180 days prior to check-in. You will not be able to make any dining reservations for your Dolphin portion until exactly 180 days out for each day (no "+10")- Just like offsite.

FP+ is a completely different story. You will be able to make ALL of your fast passes, for both parts of the stay, 60 days prior to your disney resort check-in date, up to 14 days.

You are correct about dining. You will be able to make dining reservations for your whole Disney resort stay 180 days prior to check-in. You will not be able to make any dining reservations for your Dolphin portion until exactly 180 days out for each day (no "+10")- Just like offsite.

FP+ is a completely different story. You will be able to make ALL of your fast passes, for both parts of the stay, 60 days prior to your disney resort check-in date, up to 14 days.
Thank you!!!!

Anyone know what the chances are of late check outs? are they possible? How late (without charge) do they do them?

Also what are the chances of upgrades? Would love to upgrade to a balcony room, or at least one of those rooms that the crib fits in the closet (is this really a thing?) I am a SPG member but just the basic level.

We are traveling Labor Day weekend.
what cribs in the closet?

If you are eating at one of the signature restaurants, you should be able to get parking ticket validated.
wait..... so if we're staying one night, and have a car, but we eat at Bluezoo, we can validate our parking and not have to pay?

I agree. I have had breakfast and dinner there, always excellent. As said above, the 20% discount is good too.
Do you know how many people can get on the AAA discount for breakfast? I'm going with family soon....

Thanks for the great info! I have a follow up question - do the coffee makers have the ability to make tea? Basically just heat up water if I bring tea bags? Thanks so much!
I use it for my tea every day

i signed up for Team Shula to get the free birthday entree since we will be there during my birthday week in oct. we have never eaten at the restaurant but have only heard great things about it. however it doesnt really look kid friendly in the pics. has anyone taken kids with them to dinner at shulas?
when you sign up, is it only your actual birthdate? we will be there on my birthday month.... I'd like to do it but a week or two before the actual day

when you sign up, is it only your actual birthdate? we will be there on my birthday month.... I'd like to do it but a week or two before the actual day

Used it twice so far...We usually receive a Birthday email about 9 days before actual bday....think it gives up to another 9 days after bday....

Both meals were great! Loved the choc souffle for dessert (order it when you order the entree)

Why so much from MCO to the Swan with Uber? We are two people who want to take Uber from MCO to the Swan. I am looking for our best option.
Thanks.

$18 is a lot?

To be clear, the $18 I paid for an Uber was FROM the Swan to MCO. This was last October, and it was my understanding that you had to take Uber Black if you wanted to go from MCO TO the Swan. IDK the price for that because my brother met us at the airport when we arrived for that trip.

I think there is a different version of Uber you can get now for airport arrivals that I need to look into now that my original flight was cancelled the airline so I can't get the ride that I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter