Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thoughts on Garden Grove? Is it really as bad as all of the reviews?

We have been a few times and we have never thought it was bad. Did breakfast and seafood buffet dinner. Plus, you can get 20% off using AAA if you have it, so that made it a pretty good deal in my opinion.

Thoughts on Garden Grove? Is it really as bad as all of the reviews?

The Seafood Sensation buffet on a Friday night was absolutely excellent last October.

We ate at Cape May Cafe buffet earlier in the week, and there was no comparison with the crab legs. They were bigger, meatier and easier to clean at the Garden Grove. I do not hesitate to recommend GG.

I agree. I have had breakfast and dinner there, always excellent. As said above, the 20% discount is good too.

We have been a few times and we have never thought it was bad. Did breakfast and seafood buffet dinner. Plus, you can get 20% off using AAA if you have it, so that made it a pretty good deal in my opinion.

The Seafood Sensation buffet on a Friday night was absolutely excellent last October.

We ate at Cape May Cafe buffet earlier in the week, and there was no comparison with the crab legs. They were bigger, meatier and easier to clean at the Garden Grove. I do not hesitate to recommend GG.
Thanks all. I always try to take Yelp/Trip Advisor reviews with a grain of salt, since everyone likes to complain but no one ever mentions when they are satisfied. I figure I didn't agree with the Trip Advisor reviews of the Dolphin so it was probably the same with GG. I will probably not do the seafood buffet, we get our seafood from the real Cape May (not the Disney World Cape May hahaha), so as always local is going to be better. :)

We are staying at the Dolphin for the first time in December. We've always stayed on site at other Disney properties and one of the things we enjoy doing is decorating our window/balcony for the holiday. Do people do that at the Swan/Dolphin? Thanks for your input!

We are staying at the Dolphin for the first time in December. We've always stayed on site at other Disney properties and one of the things we enjoy doing is decorating our window/balcony for the holiday. Do people do that at the Swan/Dolphin? Thanks for your input!
Yes. I always see a number of balconies with lights on the railings, small trees, wreaths.

My experience with the seafood buffet was horrible when we went earlier this year. Absolutely horrible. The lobster part was inedibJle - so tough that we literally had to spit it out. The crab was also awful. It was not that expensive - but it was so not worth it. The rest of the buffet was also disgusting.

Good morning! I was wondering if anyone knew about how big the in room fridges were? I'm assuming that I could put in a decent amount of things (not concerned about a freezer), but please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance!

Good morning! I was wondering if anyone knew about how big the in room fridges were? I'm assuming that I could put in a decent amount of things (not concerned about a freezer), but please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks in advance!

We had two cases of cans along with water in ours last month. It is fairly roomy. :flower1:

This may have already been covered but this is a LONG thread, so I apologize for being redundant. This may be a silly question, but do the TV's have resort television - like in Disney resorts they show the daily park hours and play music? And Stacy's countdown? Just a little Disney touch I like.

Also, are there Keurigs in the room? And do they have the Disney mug program like other resorts?

This may have already been covered but this is a LONG thread, so I apologize for being redundant. This may be a silly question, but do the TV's have resort television - like in Disney resorts they show the daily park hours and play music? And Stacy's countdown? Just a little Disney touch I like.

Also, are there Keurigs in the room? And do they have the Disney mug program like other resorts?

They have a refillable mug but it is just for the Swan and Dolphin.

They have coffee makers in the room, but they are not Keurigs- they have circular pods that have Starbucks coffee.

The TV's have a Starwood channel and a resort channel that has some park information, but not the same as Disney resorts.

ETA: It looks like the S&D have the "Must Do Disney" channel, but not the other Disney Resort Channels

I have another followup question. What is the cheapest way to get from the Swan to the airport? We were planning to use Uber but after seeing it may cost close to $100, that's out. If I have to, I will book my last night at a Disney resort to use the Magical Express but that would be a little inconvenient. Any ideas? What about taking our luggage over to the Boardwalk and catching an Uber from there? Do they only allow Uber black too?

I have another followup question. What is the cheapest way to get from the Swan to the airport? We were planning to use Uber but after seeing it may cost close to $100, that's out. If I have to, I will book my last night at a Disney resort to use the Magical Express but that would be a little inconvenient. Any ideas? What about taking our luggage over to the Boardwalk and catching an Uber from there? Do they only allow Uber black too?

We paid $18 for an Uber from the Swan to MCO last October. I don't know how you got such an expensive quote. Uber Black is only an issue for arrivals in MCO going to the Swan.

We paid $18 for an Uber from the Swan to MCO last October. I don't know how you got such an expensive quote. Uber Black is only an issue for arrivals in MCO going to the Swan.

Ah that's where I was getting confused. I thought Uber Black was what you had to use from Swan to MCO. In that case, Uber it is. Thanks for clarifying!

Cheapest would be Mears I think.

http://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

ETA....Wow, $18 for Uber from Janice. Hard to beat that!

Why so much from MCO to the Swan with Uber? We are two people who want to take Uber from MCO to the Swan. I am looking for our best option.
Thanks.
I think MCO still does not allow pickups with Uber, except Uber Black. Our last visit we went to the cab area & just got the next cab assigned (there is a coordinator there during the day at least) I honestly don't recall how much it was. We took Uber or Lyft back to MCO from Dolphin for less that $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter