Walkable, touristy, downtown areas

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
So, this may be cheesy, but my family loves little walkable touristy downtowns. I’m not talking about big cities, but little downtowns with fudge, ice cream, t-shirt shops, etc. Examples would be Wisconsin Dells, Gatlinburg TN, Jackson WY, Estes Park CO, etc. Does anyone know of other good ones? :)

Lodi, California. Cheese, ice cream, wine tasting, hard cider tasting, beer tasting, pastries, great restaurants and FREE PARKING

We visited Chattanooga, TN last year and stayed and spent quite a bit of time downtown. We were in Alaska last month, and Seward and Talkeetna fit your description.

Ah, yes, how could I have forgotten to mention Mackinac Island/Mackinaw City! Went for the first time this year and loved it!

And Alaska is definitely on my bucket list!

Bonus points if there are any in Florida. ;)

Newport, RI
Boothbay Harbor Maine
Ogunquit, ME
Plymouth, MA,
North Conway, NH
Old Town Alexandria, VA
Key West, FL
Chatham, MA
Rockport, MA
Camden, Maine
Portsmouth, NH
Moab, Utah

Just a few. The list goes on and on...
Wow, thanks, so many! I was just thinking I forgot to mention the Cape. We’ve been to Cape Cod 3x and LOVE it! Went to Moab recently and liked it too. I’ve only been to Kittery in Maine but it definitely sounds like there are lots of good ones there!

Ah, yes, how could I have forgotten to mention Mackinac Island/Mackinaw City! Went for the first time this year and loved it!

And Alaska is definitely on my bucket list!

Bonus points if there are any in Florida. ;)
Yeah, shame on me for leaving out St. Augustine and Key West. I visit both fairly frequently. Have a good time on your trip to St. Augustine!

I like Mountain View, Arkansas. There are lots of Bed & Breakfasts, a town square with music at night, a fudge shop, old-fashioned soda fountain/pharmacy. It's pretty nice and there are some great hiking trails and caves nearby in Ozarks National Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter