• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

i want in!!
i'd like to see how far i can get by the time i go in June. Dont know the exact date yet so i will go with June 1st and adjust later when i find out. Now off to figure out how many miles!!

I thought I was doing good as I've been fast walking 2 miles a day to try & get in shape for all the walking at Disney. But after I saw this post I looked up my mileage to Disney & it is 1146 miles from my house.

I've walked about 200 miles so far since I've started & have about 2 months left to go before my trip. Even if I bump up to 3 miles a day I'll have walked less than 400 miles before I go.

I think I need to move closer..lol!

I thought I was doing good as I've been fast walking 2 miles a day to try & get in shape for all the walking at Disney. But after I saw this post I looked up my mileage to Disney & it is 1146 miles from my house.

I've walked about 200 miles so far since I've started & have about 2 months left to go before my trip. Even if I bump up to 3 miles a day I'll have walked less than 400 miles before I go.

I was trying to work that solution in too, but alas, it's not working out. ;) I've got 400 days to go and am still wondering if I'll make my distance...I'm hoping, though!!! :banana:

Can anyone show me a way they are keeping track of their progress? I am very visual and need something i can fill in and look at to stay motivated. any ideas?! thanks!!

I haven't been doing much walking/running since the kids started back to school I am at 48/980.5

I use a ticker from tickerfactory.com. I have it on some of my other social sites like Facebook. each time i walk/run I add the miles and watch the little icon slide across the bar.

Can anyone show me a way they are keeping track of their progress? I am very visual and need something i can fill in and look at to stay motivated. any ideas?! thanks!!

I have a calendar that hangs on the refrig. If it is important & gets done around here it goes on that calendar. I see it all the time so it is a huge reminder of stuff to me.

Everytime I walk I mark a check on that day. You could even write beside it how many miles you went. If I look at the calendar & see several days w/o a check my guilt makes me go & get moving.

:goodvibesMe too!

I have another 7 to add, so I'm at 322/1000

I fell last night:sad2:I rolled my ankle on a crab apple at our town's Halloween event, I was so embarrassed. :flower3:
My ankle is pretty sore, so I'm giving it a break for a day or two but I'm frustrated, just when I want to get back into a routine!

Hello All,
I am new here. I found this thread yesterday and got so excited about it that I went out and walked 3 miles yesterday. So, that makes
3/998 miles.
I am really working on getting into better shape and lossing some weight. My reward for my efforts will be a Disney vacation but I have a lot to accomplish until then.....I love walking and often use Leslie Sansone dvds in addition to walking outside and using the treadmill. I do have a bum knee that I am babying right now but hopefully it will mend itself soon.
BTW-Minniebeth, I hope your ankle feels better!!!
Thanks for letting me join in!! Can't wait to get to know you all.
Alice

Welcome, Alice!:welcome:
The Disboard rocks, and I love this challenge (even though I'm not real consistant with it). So glad you want to join in!

A Disney vacation is an awesome reward as well as doing something good for yourself! Disney keeps me motivated!

Thanks for the well wishes, my ankle feels much better, just not 100% yet.
I'll be walking today and hoping to be back running by the end of the week.
I hope your knee feels much better too!

Best wishes! :cheer2:

Minniebeth - Hope your ankle is back to 100% soon! I've done that so many times - my most notable was stepping off a Disney bus at DTD (while carrying my sleeping 5yo no less). Lots of attention from that one! :headache:

Welcome Alice and fran!

Got in a little more this week and another bunch at the zoo.

6.75/1025

I am adding 107.2 miles.
I keep track of my miles by writing them down in a notebook every night.

Total: 506.07/1803
Slowly but, surely!

Minniebeth - Hope your ankle is back to 100% soon! I've done that so many times - my most notable was stepping off a Disney bus at DTD (while carrying my sleeping 5yo no less). Lots of attention from that one! :headache:

Welcome Alice and fran!

Got in a little more this week and another bunch at the zoo.

6.75/1025

Thank you! :)

Just added 2 more miles. 918 to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter