Walk from Boardwalk to Disney MGM

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Can some of you BWV people tell me how long the walk is from the Boardwalk Villas to the Disney MGM front gates?

If memory serves correctly, the official GPS measurement is something like .65 miles. As far a a walk goes, really just a good streatch of the legs. Probably about the same distance as a walk from SSR to the marketplace side of DTD.

The walk is roughly 10-15 minutes or so. We walk from the studios if we do not see the boat in sight.

If you do take the boat, it's generally easier to get off at the S/D, especially if your villa is near Jellyrolls.

It's a nice walk, but if the weather's hot, there's not much shade.
We enjoy it, and if you happen to be walking while a launch is going by, don't be surprised if one of the "captains" opens the door and stretches out his hand, yelling "JUMP"!:lmao: (It gave us that day's "magical moment"!:thumbsup2 )

I think that walk is one of the loveliest at WDW. To me, it's the perfect distance and setting for a nice wind down after a day at the park.:goodvibes

Yeah - It is a quick 15 minute walk, not too bad unless it's an unbearable hot day. Not bad on the way to the park when you're just getting started. Sometimes undesirable on the way back after a long day of hiking through the park.

If I don't see a boat at the dock or one coming its faster to get back by walking , for me anyways!!!!

I agree - the walk is generally faster for us than to wait and ride the boat. Its about 10-15 minutes.

I think its long with kids - they walk plenty at WDW (and we have them walk into World Showcase from the BW). I do it solo, but I don't drag the kids on that walk (they are seven and eight and the seven year old - in particular - is prone to complaining)

Going to MGM in the morning it only takes a couple minutes. The walk home takes forever.;)

It also depends where your room is. I love the walk as well (much more so going there than coming home). If we have a room near the tennis courts and can exit through one of those "exit only" doors the walk is another few minutes shorter.

I timed it once at 12 minutes. I think that was about from the community house to the entry gates.

It's a nice 10-15 minute walk, and, like the others have said, if there is no launch at the dock, we will walk back to the resort. It's actually faster than the launch, unless you are very tired from the parks. And, if you want the kids to take a nap, take the walk back.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter