Waiting in the Queue...what do people do when waiting for hours?

I have some back issues that make standing for long periods of time very painful. So I usually won’t get in a line unless it’s 30 minutes or less and something where the line tends to move more continuously (like an Omnimover type attraction as opposed to a show type attraction). I honestly have respect for those of you who have the ability to wait in line for hours for one attraction. I love to people watch so I wouldn’t get bored. I just can’t physically do it.

I went to the PH previews for Avatar and then haven’t been back without a FP. I plan to do the same with SWGE, if they offer previews. I am not a superfan of SW, just a casual one, so I am content with waiting.

How does the new bathroom pass at FOP work for solos? How do you know where to rejoin the line? Needing a bathroom would also be a concern once I got past the 2-3 hour point. I am sure they are doing this as a test for GE. It would almost make sense to have restrooms in the standby queue for that one.

Try my best to not have people near me start talking to me! Typically talk to whoever I am with or play a game on my phone.

I was reading in the SWGE thread, where someone suggested they read in line. I've been thinking about it myself, and was wondering how folks spend their time when having to wait for hours to get onto a ride. Especially with the long anticipated wait times for the first new ride in SWGE. I don't own a phone, so I don't have the ability to play games. So I tend to rely on FP+ and don't wait in lines more than 45 min. Maybe we can drum up some unique ideas in this thread. What do you do?

Just pass gas. You'll be surprised at how quickly the line starts to move.

We waited in a few lines in November and had fun with the Play Disney Parks app. The TSMM one was particularly fun for a family. Soarin game was just questions about places.

Our first trip as a family to the World, we saw groups of people playing Heads Up on their phones while waiting in line. It looked like fun, so we downloaded it, too. It’s something our kids can have fun with, and we usually end up with people around us joining in, too. I like that it’s a game that generates social interaction as opposed to inhibiting it.

I've been thinking about playing some games on our phones when we go to WDW next month so this thread is exactly what I've been looking for.
Can anyone give me just a little more info on the Play Disney Parks app? I'll be there with my (adult) DD, son in law and 3 grandsons, 15, 13 and 11.

I'm sort of familiar, I think with the Heads Up game. Saw some college kids playing it last time I was there.
Would I just enter the name, as they appear above, into the search in my App Store on my phone? That seems easy enough. I'm anticipating crowds as we will be going during Easter week so these apps would be great.
Oh, does each person need the app downloaded on their phone? Or is just one person having it enough?

Thanks so much for any info.

I've been thinking about playing some games on our phones when we go to WDW next month so this thread is exactly what I've been looking for.
Can anyone give me just a little more info on the Play Disney Parks app? I'll be there with my (adult) DD, son in law and 3 grandsons, 15, 13 and 11.

I'm sort of familiar, I think with the Heads Up game. Saw some college kids playing it last time I was there.
Would I just enter the name, as they appear above, into the search in my App Store on my phone? That seems easy enough. I'm anticipating crowds as we will be going during Easter week so these apps would be great.
Oh, does each person need the app downloaded on their phone? Or is just one person having it enough?

Yes, exactly.

With Heads Up, only one person needs the app to play. The game comes with several free categories to choose from, and you can download more for like a $1 each. However, there is a Disney themed category that you can download for free if/when you are geographically in the parks. The app uses GPS technology to make sure. ;)

I can't speak to the Play Disney Parks app - I haven't used it yet (but will try it out in a couple weeks).

Play Disney Parks for TSMM used one phone that you pass around as you play. My DDs are adults and we had fun with it. Part of it was like the Heads Up game.

I have some back issues that make standing for long periods of time very painful. So I usually won’t get in a line unless it’s 30 minutes or less and something where the line tends to move more continuously (like an Omnimover type attraction as opposed to a show type attraction). I honestly have respect for those of you who have the ability to wait in line for hours for one attraction. I love to people watch so I wouldn’t get bored. I just can’t physically do it.

I went to the PH previews for Avatar and then haven’t been back without a FP. I plan to do the same with SWGE, if they offer previews. I am not a superfan of SW, just a casual one, so I am content with waiting.

How does the new bathroom pass at FOP work for solos? How do you know where to rejoin the line? Needing a bathroom would also be a concern once I got past the 2-3 hour point. I am sure they are doing this as a test for GE. It would almost make sense to have restrooms in the standby queue for that one.
Really good question, what if you are solo and need a bathroom pass. I don't think this has been mentioned, it says one of your party has to stay in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter