Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

The D Shaped hallways are cool.

And how about the Keurig machine. Trying to recall but I don't think Keurig is standard or typical in the DVC rooms...is it? I only say that because I prefer having the Keurig. But either way, I will get my coffee in the morning one way or another!
Lot of the new refurbs are doing them, either single use only or some are doing the pot and single use duo things.

Looks cool. What jumps out to me is the lobby area. And I assume there are other places to chill, as well. This is about the only thing VGC is lacking (outside main lobby of course). This is much more the style of most (all?) of the WDW resorts. Having those DVC lobby's to hang away from the crowd is pretty amazing; not just during trip, but especially when you have a late return flight.

And it will be so much easier to find and chat with other DVC members which I always enjoy. You’re my peeps and get me and DVC ;). At Grand Cal, unless I see them walking in/out of their room I can pass by eons of people at Grand Cal an have no idea if they are DVC - such a small percentage of the people there at any time.

LOVE These pics, @Royal Consort! Sharing them to the VDH Facebook group and giving you credit. So exciting! Thanks so much for taking and sharing - you da best!
You're welcome. I actually like it more than I thought. It isn't anywhere near as imposing as I thought during early stage construction. I thought there would be quite a shadow in the afternoon but its sunny and open. I will say though, it just doesn't fit with the surrounding towers. Its colour scheme and palette are a choice.

You're welcome. I actually like it more than I thought. It isn't anywhere near as imposing as I thought during early stage construction. I thought there would be quite a shadow in the afternoon but its sunny and open. I will say though, it just doesn't fit with the surrounding towers. Its colour scheme and palette are a choice.
Still a little bummed they didn't do balconies. :-). I mean and I'm not even a balcony person. I tend to go out when I first arrive and take a photo and take in the scene for like 5 mins and that's it. But some people hang out there for coffee/book reading on the regular. Plus well... it will likely just feel a little more contained without the option of fresh air whenever you want it. I guess I better shoot for 1-3 bedrooms (or a Garden unit) sometimes to take care of that.

I think they are trying to differentiate while giving it some elements that still connect it with the surrounding towers.
The DLH towers are on the plain side so I am glad VDH has not character and leans on the animation theme.

It's been a bumpy ride these past few weeks with the news but at the end of the day I'm going to stick to the plan and add on in my DEC UY to round our our points for Cali to cover spring trips... as long as the incentives are reasonable. Only a few more days to find out.
Wait, what? Didn't you say that you didn't bother even going over to see it when you were there because you were so put off? You're giving me whiplash!

Wait, what? Didn't you say that you didn't bother even going over to see it when you were there because you were so put off? You're giving me whiplash!

So true. It's been a bit of a up and down "roller coaster" journey for sure. I'm having to pull back and say that I need to consider how it's going to feel 5, 10, etc. years from now and make the decision based on that. When I do, it seems like buying and holding for the long term will be a benefit, just not quite as amazing of a benefit as other DVC buys. I'm okay with that. I'm also going to have to be more careful on how I plan to use these points and if it's for family stays, then I may have to ask family to pay for their parking and taxes.

In an ideal world it would be a better value... I'm sure we are going to love staying here in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter