Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

These are the view descriptions from DVC:
View attachment 759448
Based on these descriptions and the fact all 1BR/2BR are "Preferred" despite being on 3 of the 4(ish) faces of the building, I'd bet that any pool view counts as "Preferred". There are pools on both sides.

Here's a highlight of what, generally, I think will be Preferred vs. Standard:View attachment 759446
Orange = Preferred
Blue = Standard
I would be a little unhappy if I had paid for preferred and got a high floor facing the VDH pool complex. That would mean that I would have a pool view looking down, but mostly a view of suburbia looking out. So if spending extra on preferred I would want a lower floor if I had the VDH pool view, or any floor looking at the DLH monorail pool.

I would be a little unhappy if I had paid for preferred and got a high floor facing the VDH pool complex. That would mean that I would have a pool view looking down, but mostly a view of suburbia looking out. So if spending extra on preferred I would want a lower floor if I had the VDH pool view, or any floor looking at the DLH monorail pool.
Agree! I think will make for some traditionally unconventional room requests, too...things like "mid floor" or "not first floor and not too high".

Or everyone just requests the Monorail Pool views no matter what, just to be safe. That's probably our plan considering we plan to stay in 1BR exclusively and a large portion are on that side.

I also wonder about the views from Preferred on the Palette Pool side, not facing Walnut but facing north instead. That's going to be a pool and a meh building, with a sideview of Walnut/suburbia, but maybe okay-ish? If it is, not even sure how to request it, though I guess room assigners will get used to "North facing" or something like that.

Hopefully there's lots of room view photos from the first stays.

I was not expecting the 1605 page pdf that @CastAStone linked in the OP to be such a fascinating read on a Friday night, but here we are.

The sheer amount of legal documentation and things that need to be done to make this happen is really interesting. There's a list of various documents that were completed and it's things like "TRASH TRUCK TURNING EXHIBIT" and "PLANTING IMAGE BOARD (SHRUBS + GROUNDCOVERS)."
Do you still happen to have a copy? I’m curious how close it was to what happened.

Do you still happen to have a copy? I’m curious how close it was to what happened.
I cannot find the 1605-page report. I found some articles that reference it and link to it, but what comes up is a 27-page report: http://local.anaheim.net/departmentfolders/planning/PC/Item3.pdf

I think Anaheim overrode their link with an updated document that is much shorter.

Here's an article that has several images from the longer document: https://disneymatters.com/2020/07/2...an-approval-from-anaheim-planning-commission/

Boo!
Was hoping Steakhouse 55 was coming back. Apparently it’s becoming a lounge space.
Can the existing DLH infrastructure support the addition of 350 new DVC rooms was one of the biggest questions leading up to now. Doesn't look like it's going to get any better. Disney must really be banking on people to eat in DTD. This will probably also negatively impact dining at GCH. What are they thinking?! I know Disney is out of money but they can't even re-open a successful restaurant that previously existed for decades? I'm so confused.

Can the existing DLH infrastructure support the addition of 350 new DVC rooms was one of the biggest questions leading up to now. Doesn't look like it's going to get any better. Disney must really be banking on people to eat in DTD. This will probably also negatively impact dining at GCH. What are they thinking?! I know Disney is out of money but they can't even re-open a successful restaurant that previously existed for decades? I'm so confused.
It is going to be interesting for sure. Especially since so many of the DTD Restaurants are under construction...

Follow the money.

1) How do you make the most money with the least effort? Alcohol.
2) Those independents are spending oodles of money to get their restaurants into DTD. They don't want the competition.
3) Disney wants you to leave the DLH infrastructure.

Follow the money.

1) How do you make the most money with the least effort? Alcohol.
2) Those independents are spending oodles of money to get their restaurants into DTD. They don't want the competition.
3) Disney wants you to leave the DLH infrastructure.
It is a real bummer to me personally, because that is one thing I absolutely love about Disney is there is no bars, no drunks, no altercations (or much less) compared to any other vacation spot, so the more they bring in alcohol, the more Cabo sounds better (and yes, much cheaper). lol

It is a real bummer to me personally, because that is one thing I absolutely love about Disney is there is no bars, no drunks, no altercations (or much less) compared to any other vacation spot, so the more they bring in alcohol, the more Cabo sounds better (and yes, much cheaper). lol
Have you been to DCA? It’s turned into a huge bar.

None of which is inside the parks. lol
I’m a bit hypocritical because I love getting a cocktail at Trader Sam’s, having a mimosa with brunch at Lamplight, or sharing a bottle of wine with my wife at Carthay Circle and Napa Rose… but we would never go too far because we are responsible for ourselves and our kids.

I think that most people can handle themselves responsibly, but we always liked that the people who wanted “a good time” tended to matriculate away from Disneyland at night time into DCA and Downtown Disney so that we could avoid that element.

I knew that we were contributing to the downfall of society when we had some champagne at the Blue Bayou, but figured that it was already going that direction so there was no point in fighting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter