Waiting for August Hours - All hours are up!!

We're waiting too. First time doing free dining. We are doing a split stay. Two nights at POR 8/17 & 8/18. Then we're moving to BC for 8/19-8/27 for free dining. So many decisions to make! I'm just dying to have the park hours and show times to finalize the schedule. Lots of ADR's to make! I'm using the July hours now to be able to make some kind of a plan but am afraid I'll have to start all over when the August hours come out. At least our trip is later in the month, so we'll have some time to figure things out before we have to make ADR's.

We are waiting too. Just me and my DD going for her 20th Birthday. does anyone know what night Fantasmic will proably be played. Also who Is doing the package? Read that you have to wait in the regular line now. Do you still think it is a good deal? Thanks

If you have to do that, then I'd make a ressie at any restaurant you wanted, not just the ones in the package. I thought the idea was that you'd get a guaranteed seat, albeit not necessarily the best seat in the house, but still a seat. If you have to go and wait in the regular line, what's the point of setting up an ADR and doing "The Fantasmic Dinner Package"? Just a title, with a dinner that is eh~, then maybe getting a seat, not worth it in my book.

I like the idea of everyone sharing their "preferred" ADRs!! Here's what I have in mind so far:

8/23: Big River Grille & Brewing Works (I know you can't get ADRs for this, so back up will be Garden Grill at EP)
8/24: Tusker House/Finding Nemo the Musical lunch package
8/25: Liberty Tree Tavern
8/26: Whispering Canyon Cafe (2nd anniversary dinner, just one week early)
8/27: 50's Prime Time Cafe for DH's birthday dinner!
8/28: Rose and Crown

Our DD10 going on 11 doesn't know she's going either. Every kid is different, but I am going to schedule at least 3 character meals, as that will be a highlight of the trip for her. When your ADR time is up, you may want to schedule some as well, just to be safe. You can always cancel, but if you don't make the ressies when you have the opportunity and change your mind later, you may be out of luck!
i think it may be a good idea to at least book one character meal. I would hate to have her diassapointed if she really wants to do that! Thanks

I like the idea of everyone sharing their "preferred" ADRs!! Here's what I have in mind so far:

8/23: Big River Grille & Brewing Works (I know you can't get ADRs for this, so back up will be Garden Grill at EP)
8/24: Tusker House/Finding Nemo the Musical lunch package
8/25: Liberty Tree Tavern
8/26: Whispering Canyon Cafe (2nd anniversary dinner, just one week early)
8/27: 50's Prime Time Cafe for DH's birthday dinner!
8/28: Rose and Crown
what is this "nemo package" at the tusker house?? Learining something new everyday

I love the Rose and Crown trying to stay away this trip and do something different this time !

what is this "nemo package" at the tusker house?? Learining something new everyday

I love the Rose and Crown trying to stay away this trip and do something different this time !

It's similar to the Fantasmic! dining package at HS - you eat lunch at a certain time at Tusker House and you have guaranteed seating for Finding Nemo the Musical. They started it a few months ago, and I when I first heard about it I knew that we would do it on our next trip.

Last time, DH had gone to Yak and Yeti for lunch (I wasn't hungry) and got a bucket full of noodles. I had a GREAT place in line, and he just couldn't understand the need to hurry. By the time he was done, we were stuck way in the back in the corner - could hardly see the stage. I don't want to run into that again this year.

Also (OT) HBO was there that day filming people enjoying their trip and they asked us to be interviewed. But because DH was still eating his darn noodles, we missed out on it. :sad2: I just want to make sure that there are no distractions on our way in.

Waiting here too :woohoo:
Get to make our ADR's May 3 :banana::banana::banana:
Our trip Aug 1-9. All adults, all girl's, man am I pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance3::dance3:

Waiting as patiently as I can for August 15-23. We always try to add in something new, and this time it is Tea at the Grand Floridian and dinner at Trail's End Buffet.

ARRGGHH this waiting is driving me crazy!! Got to book my ADR's on the 7th May and want to book a fantasmic package, but don't know how many nights it will be running in August. I wouldn't mind not knowing the rest of the info if they would only release the fantasmic schedule :(

This is exactly what is happening to us this year. Our trip is Aug 29 - Sept 5. This is the 1st time using DDP too! Do I book for the Sept days without knowing the hours?!!? So stressful:scared1:

I'm in the same boat! I guess we just book and hope for the best for the early Sept. dates?

Add me to the list. We will be there 8/7 to 8/16 and doing a split stay between BLT and SSR. I want to see the schedule as I still cannot decide if we will try to do EMH parks. This is our first time staying onsite so we have always avoided the EMH days. However, my kids really want to do evening EMH at MK. I am also debating on park hoppers. We didn't have them the last two trips. This time, I know there are at least two days we would use them. However, adding another $350 for hoppers is hard to swallow right now.

These are the ADR's I'm hoping for:

Ohanas
Chef Mickeys
Teppan Edo
Le Cellier
CP
Rainforest Cafe at AK

I will be doing the dance of joy when these hours are released!

Here are the places we want to eat at:

Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Tusker House-breakfast
Yak and Yeti
Cape May Cafe
50's Prime Time
Coral Reef

Just waiting for the hours to figure out which day for each place, our dates are 8/22-8/29:cool1::cool1:

Add us to the list too! We'll be there from 8/10 - 8/15. We haven't quite figured out exactly what we want for ADRs - there are so many great places to choose from and we always seem to go to the same places. I'm trying to talk DH and kids into a few "new" places. DH is a huge Fantasmic fan and dates for dinners will probably depend on that night. Here is what we're considering:

LTT
Chef Mickey (breakfast)
Sci-FI *** I'm looking for comments here. It's typically panned in UG but folks on this site seem to like it. My DS is 14, DD is 9. Is the atmosphere worth it? I was thinking about skipping Boma in favor of this (Boma is more for me...LOLOL)
Whispering Canyon
'Ohana...maybe....

I'd love to try the Wave....

We'll be there from 8/27 to 9/5.......how do you plan without September hours posted. :confused:It is very frustrating!:headache: Just hoping that last years hours for Sept. are close to this years:)

I am waiting too!!!! I am also still hoping we will be able to go. Things are a little up in the air here. But, I have GREAT reservations and the kids haveno idea - way too excited to even talk about it!!

I am sooooo ready!! Is is sad that I've made a plan A and a plan B in hopes that the hours might fit? :rolleyes1 Just hope that we get the ADRs we want and praying I won't be on the phone for too long... Come on May 11th!!!! :cool1:

Waiting here too--just trying to keep occupied and not obsess too much for the next few days!

We are going August 19-26! With deluxe dining that is too many places to list. Some I am really looking forward too (and hope I get) are Ohana, Boma, Cali Grill, Crystal Palace, and Le Cellier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter