VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I’m slowly coming to the realization that our December trip to the Wilderness Lodge is likely not going to happen, and it’s breaking my heart. I so could use the escape to my favorite place right now.
So sorry. We were supposed to go at the end of January but cancelled for other reasons than covid. I'm thinking that was for the best now. Never would have thought back in the spring when we planned our trip that things would still be this bad. Hopefully by April things will be better. I hope things work out for you and if you don't get to go next month you get to go soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Groupie Friends and Family!!! May you all have a Blessed day :goodvibes

Let us come before Him with Thanksgiving Psalm 95:2

We all have much to be grateful for. I count you folks among the things I thank Him for. Thank you all for continuing to be here, to be a place we can all come to feel safe, to feel not judged, but loved. You folks are the best!!!

thanksgiving.jpg

A blessed Thanksgiving to all the Groupies (even you lurkers!). Even though 2020 is a year we will all be happy to see in our rearview mirror, we still have so much to be thankful for. I pray that everyone has a healthy, safe and joyous Thanksgiving!

BTW, it looks like we need to tell our favorite characters that they should be practicing social distancing during their meal. :)

Welcome to an the next episode of Fastidisleepy's Days at the Beach (House)! Seriously, just a quick drop in from your HHI Groupie to say I hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving despite the current situations. We all still need to hunker down and draw from our inner reserves to get through the next few months. The past nearly a year now has proven that humans are social creatures, so not having our friends and families to lean on as much in person can be exhausting. We will get through this to the other side. And let me go on record that our Groupie family has helped me immensely.

We've had above average temps the past 2-3 weeks, and it's been great to experience such after 18 years in the mountains of southwest Virginia. Here's a picture from our back yard on Thanksgiving day:

And for those of you longing for the beach, here you go:

Finally, a shot of Shelter Cove as I left work one day last week. The main resort buildings are to the right, though you can't really see them in the picture. Those tall street lamps line the outer walkway of the resort. Many of the boats in the cove put up holiday lights which I've yet to see, but if I do catch them, I'll try to get a picture of them.

Have a good weekend, Groupies!

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4643.jpeg
    IMG_4643.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello Groupies
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend
Hoping that you are all well.
It’s been a rough year filled with so
many challenges and difficulties as well as many blessings.
One very important one is that even when Life gets Crazy
it’s a comfort to come back and find all of you all still here !
Hugs and Pixie Dust
tea pot
new avatar

We are here. Decided to go for it. from time we got off plane till we got BLT was 2 hours good news room was ready before we got here. That makes it so nice. Saw some amazing appearances from the new “parades”. They were so awesome. Crowds were not bad ate at Liberty Tree and it was delicious. We were waiting in line around 5:30 for a small world and I looked around and said let’s get the heck out of here. It was like all of a sudden the crowds came out of nowhere. It was super freaky and scary. We decided to not get to that point again. Going to AK tomorrow hoping for low crowds and then doing some down time at the pool.

We are here. Decided to go for it. from time we got off plane till we got BLT was 2 hours good news room was ready before we got here. That makes it so nice. Saw some amazing appearances from the new “parades”. They were so awesome. Crowds were not bad ate at Liberty Tree and it was delicious. We were waiting in line around 5:30 for a small world and I looked around and said let’s get the heck out of here. It was like all of a sudden the crowds came out of nowhere. It was super freaky and scary. We decided to not get to that point again. Going to AK tomorrow hoping for low crowds and then doing some down time at the pool.
I would freak out too if I saw crowds of people. Hoping you have better luck at AK tomorrow. Maybe some extra time at the resort will help. How long will you be there?

Living vicariously through you Lakegirl! Trip reports are good

AK was much better yesterday, except for Flight of Passage line. I really love the ride otherwise I would of left. I felt very claustrophobic in that line. It didn’t help that we had a very ignorant family who kept there masks below their nose the whole time. I let two groups go in front of us as we were behind them but I felt like Disney didn’t do a good job spacing this one out. As you go around you end up with rows of people not spaced. So you can leave an extra space between you and the person in front of you but you can’t do anything about the people next to you. Most rides they have good barriers up but it’s as if they forgot about this one and you are inside for a long period of time waiting. Today was Magic Kingdom day and it was much better. Kids did remote learning till 11:00 we went until 3 when the crowds seemed to get too much and then went back in at 5:30. The Calvacades are really awesome. They are doing so many of them and I feel like everybody gets a great view because it’s so random and it’s just who happens to be there sees it. Space was only 30 minutes. Peter Pan 15, we again had somebody with his mask down so we left ample space between. Haunted was super short and I like how the wait is all outside. Peter Pan was the same where most of your wait is outside. Did Small World and would of skipped it but my DH really wanted to do it. They space you out on the boat but you wait forever inline. Some wonderful merchandise, much better than in September. The one thing that is really bothering me is that Disney must be having issues with who ever supplies there snacks. Very very limited. I usually stock pile till my next trip. I love the gummies and the Jelly beans. The only thing they have had anywhere were the sour gummies and sour something else. They do have the popcorn bags in the flavors though. They are still having the rice crispie shortage as well as they only have the small ones in the “bags” except at The Main Street Bakery. I guess that is all fine, will help me not overindulge😃. We tried The Enchanted Rose at GF last night for apps and drinks. Wine was delicious and we tried the a Flatbread and brisket sliders. We regretted not getting the truffle fries because they looked delicious. It was a very nice spot to sit and relax. Epcot tomorro!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter