VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Any recommendations for hotel suites that may be compared to a DVC unit in the area north west of Disney (Clermont)? I'll be traveling on family business.

I contemplated renting points and staying in a small room on Disney property where as I feel safe traveling alone, but not sure how that would work out with insurance paying for it.
We love the Clermont area. Our friends Brad and Tearsa lived there for a few years and we visited and stayed a few nights often on our trips to WDW.

Have you considered an Air BNB?
Costs wise may not be any worse than a hotel. Also, Springhill Suites, if any in that area are nice IMO.

We love the Clermont area. Our friends Brad and Tearsa lived there for a few years and we visited and stayed a few nights often on our trips to WDW.

Have you considered an Air BNB?
Costs wise may not be any worse than a hotel. Also, Springhill Suites, if any in that area are nice IMO.

I'll definitely look into Springhill Suites and see what they have.
The air bnbs I'm seeing up that way are all a room in someone's home. I'm not comfortable with that.

I'm wondering if the house is livable at all... if the crew did a good job there should be no mold, and hopefully no holes in the walls for snakes, spiders and other little critters to slip though LOL. How much damage can a running faucet do? (I still think we had someone try and squat in the house and they were upset to find the water turned off.)

Thank you!

Last edited:
As it's been a couple of days since anyone posted, I'll opt for a few pics of DHHIR as a way of getting through hump day and talking about Disney.

View of the beach within steps of the Beach House

Also just steps from the Beach House (that's their boardwalk) at a different time of day

Shelter Cove with part of the main resort in the background and the short bridge you drive over is to the right

For those of you coming through in the next few months, I'm currently on a Sun/Mon/Tue work schedule. Luv is on a similar schedule, as well, but there is a bit more variance in her position thus far. We'll be looking for you! (P.S. She's no longer Claire from the Philippines pirate: )

Hi all! Hope you are doing well. Just sitting here watching more YouTube videos of the Lodge and getting myself even more excited for the trip. LOL In the VWL studios do they just have the individual shampoos etc as opposed to the ones on the shower wall?

Thank you for the wonderful pics Pat! The beach and dunes bring me back to the many years I spent camping at Myrtle Beach. Loved those SC beaches and all the tiny purple sea shells.

Last edited:
For those of you coming through in the next few months, I'm currently on a Sun/Mon/Tue work schedule. Luv is on a similar schedule, as well, but there is a bit more variance in her position thus far. We'll be looking for you! (P.S. She's no longer Claire from the Philippines pirate: )
Really hoping our border is open by March so I can see that beauty for myself!

Hi all! Hope you are doing well. Just sitting here watching more YouTube videos of the Lodge and getting myself even more excited for the trip. LOL In the VWL studios do they just have the individual shampoos etc as opposed to the ones on the shower wall?
We were there last week and they still had the small individual bottles of shampoo, body wash etc. We stayed in a 2 bedroom. I was a bit surprised that for the 5 nights we stayed we only had a maid come in with extra towels and soap one time. Disney had a flyer in the room saying that someone would service the room every other day, removing garbage and suppling fresh towels and running a vacuum through but said they wouldn't touch the beds. We ended up carrying our garbage and recyclables down stairs every morning and tossing the towels in the washer and dryer. We didn't have a vacuum in our room for some reason and we just kept forgetting to call down and ask for one. As we had a couple of little ones with us and ate in the room most mornings it did get a bit messy. We also made sure to do up all the dishes and put them away on our last morning.

Hi Groupies!

First off, congrats on the new granddaughter JT!

Second off, Sleepy, if you keep posting those pictures, I’m gonna have to make a reservation there ‘cause it reminds me of my January Cocoa Beach trip last year....

So, has anyone ever done the RCI thing? I guess we could move our reserved (expiring) December trip points into RCI and have a year to use them. Then, I can change my flight reservation to our March trip (along with park passes) for a small fee.. we are still up in the air, but will have to decide soon. Much debate around the house. Anyways, if anyone has done the RCI swap let me know your experience..

Where can I find that music?

I had downloaded it maybe 6 years or more ago, not sure from where...
It's called the Walt Disney World Resort -- Wilderness Lodge Christmas BGM Loop
It's 52 minutes long. Not sure if any of that helps.

Hi Groupies!

First off, congrats on the new granddaughter JT!

Second off, Sleepy, if you keep posting those pictures, I’m gonna have to make a reservation there ‘cause it reminds me of my January Cocoa Beach trip last year....

So, has anyone ever done the RCI thing? I guess we could move our reserved (expiring) December trip points into RCI and have a year to use them. Then, I can change my flight reservation to our March trip (along with park passes) for a small fee.. we are still up in the air, but will have to decide soon. Much debate around the house. Anyways, if anyone has done the RCI swap let me know your experience..

Ron...sorry, but I've never done the RCI thing. I'm sure someone will come along to give you some information. I just wanted to say that it's great to "see you", and we hope that all is well in your world! :)

Ron...sorry, but I've never done the RCI thing. I'm sure someone will come along to give you some information. I just wanted to say that it's great to "see you", and we hope that all is well in your world! :)
You too Granny! Stay safe out there, and may you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m slowly coming to the realization that our December trip to the Wilderness Lodge is likely not going to happen, and it’s breaking my heart. I so could use the escape to my favorite place right now.
That's so hard...... sadly we had to come to that realization back in July and I cried cancelling our perfect 1 bedroom villa. We are Canadian and it is going to be while before our borders are open again. I hope you have another trip to dream about soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter