VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I feel so much like when I actually post on here as opposed to my lurking that it is always for a moose dust request. Boy what a year this has been. My poor husband has had 2 brain surgeries to remove benign tumors and had to have surgery to remove a tumor from his appendix. He went to the doctor today and now he has to have even more surgery. The appendix tumor leaked a kind of mucus so now he will have to have extensive surgery to remove his spleen, part of the colon and some other tissue that the mucus effected. Of course the surgery is on Dec 22 so he will be in the hospital for Christmas. Ugh. It is a 6 week recovery which of course takes us into our Florida trip the end of January. So now we don't know what will happen with that. The woman we rented points through is going to look and see if we can reschedule. Would really appreciate moose dust for my husband and for being able to reschedule our trip. Thank you all so much.
Moose dust and prayers for your husbands recovery to good health!

DLI
We are here for you! We take it all in here. We are family, so we pray for you, we send Moose and Pixie Dust's and well wishes. Don't ever hesitate to lean on us for support. Again, we are here for you.
Prayers from our family to yours for your DH to come through with flying colors and the trip be able to be rescheduled.

Awww, shucks folks, y'all are too much! Thanks for all the kind words about our new DGD. She is a blessing from the Almighty for sure, and a little angel. She and our DD look so much alike at that age, its like reliving those days all over, except the ol folks are getting rest this time, and not up all hours of the night consoling and feeding and such. Who knew Grandparenting could be so, well, Grand :goodvibes

Keeping our fingers and toes crossed. My husband is trying to see if we can change our trip to April with a stay at the Lodge. I so hope we can change it. Trying to see if we can get a time where it isn't too hot or crowded. I have to limit my sun exposure which was why we were going in January but hopefully April won't be too bad.

I feel so much like when I actually post on here as opposed to my lurking that it is always for a moose dust request. Boy what a year this has been. My poor husband has had 2 brain surgeries to remove benign tumors and had to have surgery to remove a tumor from his appendix. He went to the doctor today and now he has to have even more surgery. The appendix tumor leaked a kind of mucus so now he will have to have extensive surgery to remove his spleen, part of the colon and some other tissue that the mucus effected. Of course the surgery is on Dec 22 so he will be in the hospital for Christmas. Ugh. It is a 6 week recovery which of course takes us into our Florida trip the end of January. So now we don't know what will happen with that. The woman we rented points through is going to look and see if we can reschedule. Would really appreciate moose dust for my husband and for being able to reschedule our trip. Thank you all so much.
Moose dust and prayers, and hugs. :grouphug:

Popped in to see this today. Much moose and pixie dust for you all. May your plans be able to be changed and may your husband's recovery be uneventful. Working toward having that carrot at the end of recovery should be an inspiration to him. Keeping you all in our thoughts.

Awww, shucks folks, y'all are too much! Thanks for all the kind words about our new DGD. She is a blessing from the Almighty for sure, and a little angel. She and our DD look so much alike at that age, its like reliving those days all over, except the ol folks are getting rest this time, and not up all hours of the night consoling and feeding and such. Who knew Grandparenting could be so, well, Grand :goodvibes
Congratulations to you both! Your new granddaughter is one lucky little girl!

Ok so I have good news, ok news and not great news. First the good news is that your pixie and moose dust worked and we were able to change our dates!!! We will now be going the end of April. I'm so relieved. That is the ok news because we will have to push it back 3 months but I know when the end date of the original trip comes up I'll be glad I still have the trip to look forward to. The not so great is that we will be doing a split stay. Not ideal but I'll deal with it. The first 4 nights will be at BWV. Oh and I forgot to mention there is fantastic news. Guess what?!!!! The last 5 nights will be at VWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stinking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell? LOL I really regretted not staying there in the first place. Now I'll get to stay at both of my favorite resorts! I'm so grateful that the owner was so understanding and willing to work with us. I'm staying at the Lodge!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Thank you everyone for being a good luck charm!!!!

Sending Moose dust and prayers for a successful surgery for your husband! It sounds like he has been through so much. Now you will both have something to look forward to in April! It's fantastic that you'll get to finish your trip at VWL!

Sending Moose dust and prayers for a successful surgery for your husband! It sounds like he has been through so much. Now you will both have something to look forward to in April! It's fantastic that you'll get to finish your trip at VWL!
Thank you! He actually isn't going lol. It's me and my daughter. We postponed though because I didn't feel comfortable going with him still recovering. I'm sure he will enjoy the peace and quiet when we go though. haha

Ok so I have good news, ok news and not great news. First the good news is that your pixie and moose dust worked and we were able to change our dates!!! We will now be going the end of April. I'm so relieved. That is the ok news because we will have to push it back 3 months but I know when the end date of the original trip comes up I'll be glad I still have the trip to look forward to. The not so great is that we will be doing a split stay. Not ideal but I'll deal with it. The first 4 nights will be at BWV. Oh and I forgot to mention there is fantastic news. Guess what?!!!! The last 5 nights will be at VWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stinking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell? LOL I really regretted not staying there in the first place. Now I'll get to stay at both of my favorite resorts! I'm so grateful that the owner was so understanding and willing to work with us. I'm staying at the Lodge!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Thank you everyone for being a good luck charm!!!!
Two of my favorite resorts! (Well, aside from AKV ;) )

I used to do split stays all the time. Still do if you count staying in the same hotel and swapping out room types. It's fun, you always want to finish the trip the better room, I'm a bit biased in that I think your trip is perfect.

Two of my favorite resorts! (Well, aside from AKV ;) )

I used to do split stays all the time. Still do if you count staying in the same hotel and swapping out room types. It's fun, you always want to finish the trip the better room, I'm a bit biased in that I think your trip is perfect.
Thank you! It's the first split I've done in a long time and I am glad we are doing it in the order we are. We have stayed at BWV the last couple of times because my husband prefers it there. Since he won't be with this time we can do what we want lol. So doing VWL last will really give us something to look forward to. We actually could have done AKL instead of BWV but didn't want to deal with taking the bus everywhere and wanted to be able to walk to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter