• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Here now and not a boat in sight. Saw several pontoons over at Fort Wilderness when we went for the Hoop Dee Doo. But I’m not even sure those are rentable. Seems like the hut they used for rentals at Wilderness Lodge is gone now too.
Oh that's not a good sign for it ever coming back if the building is gone too. :( Thanks for verifying they aren't available. I had read something a couple of months ago that they seemed to be working on the dock so I was cautiously hopeful we might see something back.

I believe these have a Keruig on one side, a 12 cup coffee maker on the other.

6355731_sd.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000
Yes! This is what we have in our refurbed BRV studio.

Since BWV‘s haven’t been refurbished for a while, I’m guessing they haven’t replaced them yet. I have a single use Keurig in our Owner’s Locker, but it *always* has issues!

PSA: As we're talking about coffee makers in the Disney rooms, I'll repeat myself from years back:

Everyone, please check out the water tank area with a flashlight before using. I once had one filled with mold, which is not all that unusual for FL if something that holds water hasn't been used for a few days.
Good advice! That should actually apply to all hotel rooms!
If we were to use the coffee maker, we always wash the coffee pot first, check inside the water tank then run hot water through it a couple times before using.

The refurbished rooms have Keurigs!?!? FINALLY! Wonder if they’re at Boardwalk now?

Since BWV‘s haven’t been refurbished for a while, I’m guessing they haven’t replaced them yet. I have a single use Keurig in our Owner’s Locker, but it *always* has issues!

We were at BWV last month before our stay at VWL aka BRV. They still had the old coffee pots. We brought the 50th bags of Joffrey's back to our kids. Saved the pods from VWL for ourselves. ;-)

PSA: As we're talking about coffee makers in the Disney rooms, I'll repeat myself from years back:

Everyone, please check out the water tank area with a flashlight before using. I once had one filled with mold, which is not all that unusual for FL if something that holds water hasn't been used for a few days.

Gross! I always wash the pot before using but never thought to check the water well. I will from now on.

Thanks for all the welcome backs! It's nice I'm still remembered around these parts. :)

Interesting maintenance issue today at BRV. I walked to the ice machine this morning and there were maintenance people all in the hallway. They had a piece of molding removed from the side of the hallway that looked like water access. There was water all in the hall and it looked like at least 4 villas had standing water. Poor housekeeping had towels all over the floor. There is still some blowers in the hall now. No idea what happened, but I hope they didn't have to use those rooms tonight.

Interesting maintenance issue today at BRV. I walked to the ice machine this morning and there were maintenance people all in the hallway. They had a piece of molding removed from the side of the hallway that looked like water access. There was water all in the hall and it looked like at least 4 villas had standing water. Poor housekeeping had towels all over the floor. There is still some blowers in the hall now. No idea what happened, but I hope they didn't have to use those rooms tonight.
Oh No!!

We have our own coffee pot and brew system in our Owners Locker. Tammy loves coffee and she likes the kind of pot that will stay hot on its own, even hours after it has brewed. Plus, she gets squimish thinking about some of the aforementioned things with coffee pots in hotels.

Thats why we bring a French press and use bottled water. It makes a much better cup of coffee as well.

Thats why we bring a French press and use bottled water. It makes a much better cup of coffee as well.
That's what I prefer too (I'm a bit of a coffee snob) and I wish I can pack that in my suitcase! and owners locker isn't worth it for us.
A few years ago I discovered single-serve pour over and that's what I bring with me now. Not as good as French Press but definitely higher grade than whatever hotel rooms usually provide.

Left the Lodge this morning. Blowers were still going in the 1st floor hall of BRV. Also they were fishing Cat 6 cable in the halls. DH of course asked about yesterday’s disaster. The cable guys said thankfully they weren’t involved in that mess! They all discussed whether yesterday’s water was a clean water or sewage issue. They all said the water that flooded looked clear, so they were hoping it was! 😜 We’ll be back to the lodge in November for Wine and Dine. We enjoyed our stay!

Left the Lodge this morning. Blowers were still going in the 1st floor hall of BRV. Also they were fishing Cat 6 cable in the halls. DH of course asked about yesterday’s disaster. The cable guys said thankfully they weren’t involved in that mess! They all discussed whether yesterday’s water was a clean water or sewage issue. They all said the water that flooded looked clear, so they were hoping it was! 😜 We’ll be back to the lodge in November for Wine and Dine. We enjoyed our stay!
Where was the flooding on the 1st floor ? Anyone find out yet what it was? How many rooms? That's not good.

Last edited:
In addition to having our own coffeemaker in the owners locker, we also have a Brita filter pitcher that Tammy uses to fill the coffee maker and fill our water bottles too for park days.
I should put a Brita in my OL too. I usually just go to Publix & buy bottled spring water. We had a Keurig in our OL but the water line kept clogging after it was stored for awhile. It became impossible to fix so we threw it out. :sad2:

Where was the flooding on the 1st floor ? Anyone find out yet what it was? How many rooms? That's not good.
It was on the long hallway 1st floor. I have no idea where the water was coming from. They had a piece of the molding removed that exposed some water access. The carpet was soaked as was probably about 4 units in that place in the hallway. Our studio had no carpet, so I'm assuming the 1 and 2 bedrooms don't either anymore. Ours were all laminate flooring. They had blowers in the hall trying to dry the carpet. Housekeeping was working on at 9:00a.m. yesterday morning and they were still there at 3:00 yesterday afternoon. There was maintenance, other hotel employees, and housekeeping, they were all busy trying to clean it up. It was either the 2nd or 3rd grouping of doors past the trash room on that hallway. We were all the down in 1555, which was almost to the end of the hall. It was dry on our end.

At Universals Royal Pacific we found our coffee pot still had coffee left over in it. And some lovely floating mold. A few years later at Beach Club I discovered a spent coffee pack in the tray that was starting to mold. The hotel side had single serve coffee makers - not a Keurig type though.
Like pillows in hotels I try not to think about it too much if I can't see it. When I can see it though - blech. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter