VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I should put a Brita in my OL too. I usually just go to Publix & buy bottled spring water. We had a Keurig in our OL but the water line kept clogging after it was stored for awhile. It became impossible to fix so we threw it out. :sad2:
We had trouble with ours since we purchased it, I imagine I’ll be throwing it out soon….barely used really.

Any groupies into following the space program?

I learned a new term from Space X this morning:
Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly 😂

First, for anyone concerned: it was a test of the fully loaded Starship system and they anticipated problems, no one was harmed.
I'm very into these space projects, it's fun to dream, but as I get older I find myself thinking "what a waste of resources" more and more often.

Last edited:
We’re spoiled with great water in MN, I can’t drink Florida water, it’s nasty. So, it’s bottled water or Starbucks for us….🤣🤣
I just imagine you waking up thirsty and saying I need to chug some Starbucks
We had trouble with ours since we purchased it, I imagine I’ll be throwing it out soon….barely used really.
Run a mixture of half vinegar half water through your keurig to descale it. Then keep running water through it to clean out all the vinegar. When I do this the coffee tastes amazing and its even hotter. I also figured out to use our filtered water in our fridge instead of tap even though our water is good.

Any groupies into following the space program?

I learned a new term from Space X this morning:
Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly 😂

First, for anyone concerned: it was a test of the fully loaded Starship system and they anticipated problems, no one was harmed.
I'm very into these space projects, it's fun to dream, but as I get older I find myself thinking "what a waste of resources" more and more often.
I missed it live and did not know that term either! lol When the developer says 50/50 chance you know it's not really expected to make it.
Same as you on the thoughts as I get older though. I'm a space baby but wow, the expense makes you pause and consider where else those funds could go.

I just imagine you waking up thirsty and saying I need to chug some Starbucks

Run a mixture of half vinegar half water through your keurig to descale it. Then keep running water through it to clean out all the vinegar. When I do this the coffee tastes amazing and its even hotter. I also figured out to use our filtered water in our fridge instead of tap even though our water is good.
If I chug it has "proof" on the label.

Happy Saturday Groupies! The countdown is ON! We’re heading to the world on Thursday, I am very excited for some reason, haha. After our last visit in June, I was disenchanted so I am hoping the magic is back for us. pixiedust: :flower1:

That's too bad on the Keurig. We've had a few Keurigs over the years. The only one we ever had issues with was the one we stored in the OL. We just came to the conclusion they don't do well with no use for months at a time. You got some good advice though on descaling it. I hope that does the trick for you.

Have a wonderful trip! I've been disenchanted my last several visits yet I keep going back. 🤷‍♀️ I can't really explain why. My trips have become shorter though. I used to never go less than 5-6 nights. Now I'm good after 3 or 4. But I certainly hope you experience some magic on your trip! pixiedust:

Happy Saturday groupies! Look at me keeping my word & reengaging! :laughing: We'll see how long I can keep it up.

Have a great weekend all.

That's too bad on the Keurig. We've had a few Keurigs over the years. The only one we ever had issues with was the one we stored in the OL. We just came to the conclusion they don't do well with no use for months at a time. You got some good advice though on descaling it. I hope that does the trick for you.

Ditto….I have had numerous machines, since their inception, and only the OL one is problematic. I will not be descaling it, if it’s an issue again, I’m trashing it.

Drum roll please.........we were assigned a lakeview room!!! 2nd floor but I'd guess we'll see some blue.
Now, it comes with a twist......I'm not actually there.:rolleyes: :rotfl2:

The well pump at our place went out mid Friday afternoon. Horses and the person taking care of them meant I couldn't just leave it until I got home so I cancelled my flight today. The well people were here bright and early this morning but they had an issue pulling the pump and had to return to the shop to get a piece to try again. And then they went on a couple other water out calls until it was too late to do anything else other than to come and try and get the pump out. That was disappointing and confusing since I'd been out since Friday. :confused: It finally released and they'll be back in the morning. I've got a red-eye booked to arrive Monday morning but am crossing fingers I can get out of here earlier and be there by tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!

Drum roll please.........we were assigned a lakeview room!!! 2nd floor but I'd guess we'll see some blue.

The well pump at our place went out mid Friday afternoon. Horses and the person taking care of them meant I couldn't just leave it until I got home so I cancelled my flight today. The well people were here bright and early this morning but they had an issue pulling the pump and had to return to the shop to get a piece to try again. And then they went on a couple other water out calls until it was too late to do anything else other than to come and try and get the pump out. That was disappointing and confusing since I'd been out since Friday. :confused: It finally released and they'll be back in the morning. I've got a red-eye booked to arrive Monday morning but am crossing fingers I can get out of here earlier and be there by tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!
Oh No! Hopefully they can get everything squared away for ya

Kat I hope it all works out!
I assume that by now everyone has heard about the Disneyland Fantasmic fire. How sad. I didn't realize that the dragons name was Murphy which for some reason makes it even sadder.
No! I hadn't heard that. After the ignition of Malificent in the MK parade, I'd have thought they'd have reviewed all fire being used throughout all shows and added extra reviews.

I suppose parts fail. Sets can be rebuilt. I'm hoping no one was hurt.

Wow, I'm glad you caught the water issue before heading off.
Keep focusing on the positives :) Relax and enjoy your trip. Red eyes aren't so bad if you get some Zzz's.

I read this and immediately thought....

"Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!”

“Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes—.”

“The dead rising from the grave!”

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

o_O

But then I saw the mess you've been dealing with, and I really hope you get out today to allow you to start your trip and enjoy that lake side view!

I hope everything has been cleared up and you are on your way. See you soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter