VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Oh my, I do like the bear!

Are you sure about your timelines? Winter 2023, Spring 2023?

I really like the blue/gray sofa chaise piece - still not crazy about the orange love seat - I wonder if it’s just for studio setups?

There were a lot of workmen there 2 weeks ago for them to only be doing 4 rooms and a lot of shipping containers for that few rooms. They were running wires in the DVC lobby on a video I was watching last week.

I'm wondering about that timeline also. I could see this being completed by spring 2023.

TCRAIG, I'm not sure the studio would have the banquet set up.

First Look At Boulder Ridge Refurbished Villa Design

No specific timeline is provided for the renovations. Four rooms are currently being modified on the fourth and fifth floors of the resort. Work will occur in "waves" with the first set of rooms available by winter 2023. The full project is not set to wrap-up until spring 2023.

345FD222-8A99-4F03-8164-4D3A346C3621.jpeg

1664474981039.jpeg

1664474994915.jpeg

1664475008695.jpeg

1664475024147.jpeg
I have to say they must have heard the passion in our voices and concerns that they were going to whitewash the villas to be like so many other refurbs done on recent note, IMO, they did ok from what these pics show. It’s not the VWL of old days anymore but it didn’t lose its lodge feel either

Just wanna say Happy Birthday Epcot!!! Watching ResortTV's live stream right now and gotta admit to shedding some tears. They are playing the old entrance music and it is wonderful. But wow the line for the merch is crazy and wraps all around future world.
Jinx! I was watching Cory Meets World at the same time - great location for some viewing.
I love how they celebrated with the groups EPCOT was well known for and not speeches by the big-wigs even though Josh was right there.
Voices of liberty always make my ears tingle.

I have to say they must have heard the passion in our voices and concerns that they were going to whitewash the villas to be like so many other refurbs done on recent note, IMO, they did ok from what these pics show. It’s not the VWL of old days anymore but it didn’t lose its lodge feel either

I like the new design. Better looking than the last refurb IMO. I do think the orange sofa is in the studio.
It looks like these photos were taken from the DVC News article. Here is a couple of photos that were omitted from that article. It shows the headboard for the queen bed in the studio and Chip and Dale sleeping inside the twin Murphy bed.

BRV page 4-300dpi.jpeg

Jinx! I was watching Cory Meets World at the same time - great location for some viewing.
I love how they celebrated with the groups EPCOT was well known for and not speeches by the big-wigs even though Josh was right there.
Voices of liberty always make my ears tingle.
I had to go to work so I missed a good part of it. I'll have to rewind and watch the rest later. I'm sure I'll cry more.

I like the new design. Better looking than the last refurb IMO. I do think the orange sofa is in the studio.
It looks like these photos were taken from the DVC News article. Here is a couple of photos that were omitted from that article. It shows the headboard for the queen bed in the studio and Chip and Dale sleeping inside the twin Murphy bed.

View attachment 707129
Not crazy about that headboard. Especially compared to the previous ones.

Very interested in seeing the kitchen. I have Poly booked for late April, so tempted to switch to BR (home resort). But want a new room. Ugh tough call.

DLI
Thanks for sharing about the 40th at Epcot. Totally slipped my mind until you mentioned it. I was able to catch some live moments here and there. Im going back to watch it today

So I found a Youtube channel that plays the Wilderness Lodge music. It is so nice to listen to buy boy it makes me really miss the Lodge and I may have shed some tears listening to it lol. It is so hard knowing that I won't get back there until maybe 2024. Unless I win the lottery haha. Going to Disneyland next February and I'm glad to be going but my heart is in Disney World.

I really like the look of the refurb rooms, maybe just because I was so doubtful.

Feeling a little ticked at the moment. Just read that they have made certain to route a temp walkway between GF and Poly while construction of the new Poly tower is going on. And yet nothing back between WL and FW???? :mad:

SERIOUSLY. What's up with that. I still can't get over that the boats aren't running anymore ...

We are at our 38 day countdown for our first trip back since 2018. I'm giddy.

I really like the look of the refurb rooms, maybe just because I was so doubtful.

SERIOUSLY. What's up with that. I still can't get over that the boats aren't running anymore ...

We are at our 38 day countdown for our first trip back since 2018. I'm giddy.
I don't get why the boats aren't running. Makes no sense.

View attachment 707129

Where is the twin murphy bed located? Is it in the studio unit or in the LR of the 1BR unit?

To stay above the line...
A) The images shown of the possible refurb look aren't totally unfortunate looking. I'm so old school that I miss the true "darker" nature of the old VWL rooms--you felt as if you were on an adventure. Still, what's been shown seems to be a decent compromise between a nod to the old and acceptance of the modern. Time will tell.
B) It's most likely that the boats aren't running to FW due to a conscious financial decision. You can read that how you wish. Barring a clear-cut explanation from Disney, we are free to draw our own conclusions.
C) I will remain peeved at Disney for shutting down the walkway between VWL and FW. I don't see it opening again. They can claim guest safety (though they haven't), yet my belief is that it is the same reason as B) above.
D) Glad to hear all our Groupies and extended family Groupies appear to be safe after Ian.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter