VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

New Menus Coming to Territory Lounge and Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort

1664901091405.jpeg
Quite a few interesting items!

I really like the look of the refurb rooms, maybe just because I was so doubtful.

SERIOUSLY. What's up with that. I still can't get over that the boats aren't running anymore ...

We are at our 38 day countdown for our first trip back since 2018. I'm giddy.
We have an upcoming stay at BLT and I thought for sure the boats would be running by now. Throws a complete kink in my trips to resorts around Bay Lake. :sad2:

Anyone trying for Candlelight Processional? I logged in right at 6am on 10/6 (actually a little early) trying to get Biergarten for 12/5 - no luck - but eventually I did get it for 12/6…those ressies went FAST…

Heading out this AM for GA for an overnight stay, then to FL for another overnight stay just outside the gates of WDW before moving to SSR for a few nights before we move again to BLT next Thurs to meet up with our DD and her family. This will be our grandsons 3rd trip, he is 5 now, and our granddaughters 1st, she is going on 2. Pictures will be forthcoming.

We can make the drive in 9.5-10 hrs easy but at 57, driving is becoming a bit more challenging these days, so we thought we would try breaking it up and see how that works for us

Heading out this AM for GA for an overnight stay, then to FL for another overnight stay just outside the gates of WDW before moving to SSR for a few nights before we move again to BLT next Thurs to meet up with our DD and her family. This will be our grandsons 3rd trip, he is 5 now, and our granddaughters 1st, she is going on 2. Pictures will be forthcoming.

We can make the drive in 9.5-10 hrs easy but at 57, driving is becoming a bit more challenging these days, so we thought we would try breaking it up and see how that works for us
Have fun and safe travels!

What a nice trip you have coming right up!

Well, at least the bus still runs between WL and FW.
Here is my tip for getting to BLT from BRV/CCV. I get on the HS or AK bus and the next stop is BLT since we share those bus lines with BLT. Just plan to visit the WL on your back from one of those parks and when you are done get back on one and BLT is the next stop. I think we share the DS bus with GF so you can do the same thing to visit the Grand. Just be sure to check with the bus driver when you get on in case they are changing routes.

We loved the Steamboat Willie boats, if for nothing else, just to enjoy a relaxing ride.
They certainly made for a relaxing ride during the day, and added entertainment at night as the buggy critters seemed to be out and about on them more than the larger boats.

I still remember the day one person had a large bug on them, it fell as they jumped up, then more than half the boat jumped up and started to do the "there's a bug on my pants" dance. I'm sure the skipper thought he was going to lose someone overboard that trip.:rotfl2:

Last edited:
Here is my tip for getting to BLT from BRV/CCV. I get on the HS or AK bus and the next stop is BLT since we share those bus lines with BLT. Just plan to visit the WL on your back from one of those parks and when you are done get back on one and BLT is the next stop. I think we share the DS bus with GF so you can do the same thing to visit the Grand. Just be sure to check with the bus driver when you get on in case they are changing routes.
Great info!
Any tips for navigating from BLT to WL?

The last couple of times we've been there WL has also shared the DS bus with BLT. So that should work as well. We finally figured this out on our last trip at CCV :goodvibes .

Great info!
Any tips for navigating from BLT to WL?
Walk to MK then catch the boat or bus. We have also just wimped out and grabbed an Uber or Lyft but it seems so crazy to pay for a ride when the two resorts are so close.

I really, really wish they would bring the resort to resort boat back. We asked one of the CM's on the boat last year if they had any idea when they would start back. She said they had heard it would be when Hoop de Doo resumed. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Only 57!!!! You’re just a Young Whippersnapper compared to us!!!

The last couple of times we've been there WL has also shared the DS bus with BLT. So that should work as well. We finally figured this out on our last trip at CCV :goodvibes .

Walk to MK then catch the boat or bus. We have also just wimped out and grabbed an Uber or Lyft but it seems so crazy to pay for a ride when the two resorts are so close.

I really, really wish they would bring the resort to resort boat back. We asked one of the CM's on the boat last year if they had any idea when they would start back. She said they had heard it would be when Hoop de Doo resumed. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
I've heard it's because the CR dock needs repairs and they aren't investing in it. Which, if true, is sad. We loved the resort boats loop. We used it to go play at the arcade at CR and go check out Fort Wilderness. Yeah, there are ways we could still do it, but they aren't as easy or fun.

Only 57!!!! You’re just a Young Whippersnapper compared to us!!!

I can’t complain, my dad is 91 and still going strong. He still works in our construction company and he still works physically. He doesn’t do it for the money, he just enjoys being with the guys, staying in good shape and doing all he can to maintain good health.
I think I have physically worn my body down with lots of heavy lifting through the years.
Compared to my friends from high school I feel like I aged about 20 yrs beyond them.
But I wouldn’t change a thing about my work as I love what I do!

On another note, we arrived in Brunswick GA yesterday about an hour off schedule. We encountered a wreck along the way and we made a chick Fil a stop that took 30 mins to get our food🤣

Hopefully today goes smoother. We are adding a bit of time to the drive intentionally to avoid Jacksonville. We take 200 maybe 30 miles back from Jville off of I 95 then catch 301 to I 75 that eventually leads to the MK end of WDW. It’s a pretty drive through some of old FL, where we see the houses that were built in 40s-50s when snowbirds were migrating down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter