VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Well, I’ll man up and admit that all the warning signs were enough to discourage me . I’ve done the less intense version twice, but never the full experience.
I've done both and they both leave me with the same off-tilted feeling at the end. If I'm going to subject myself to that, I prefer the full intensity version with the G forces I love.

Well, I’ll man up and admit that all the warning signs were enough to discourage me . I’ve done the less intense version twice, but never the full experience.
I did the full experience once when it initially opened with no ill effects but as I was exiting the ride building, I did notice a "recovery" area that had a dozen or so miserable looking folks holding their heads between their knees. I figured I wouldn't press my luck any further and have not returned to Mission Space since. Any ride that needs a recovery area is off my list! :)

Happy Weekend, Groupies! It's butt cold here in the mountains of southwest VA (14F) but at least it's sunny for the first time in what seems like weeks. We've had a very wet winter--not much frozen precipitation, thankfully, but lots and lots of rain (I think JT has been in the same boat). Anyway, we were headed toward the dreaded Fold so I thought this a good time to announce the following:

Yep. That's our number! pirate: :flower1:

Yep, we need a boat! I am thinking shifting my carpentry business to canoe making for the upcoming weeks as the need seems to be rising

Countdown to our race trip is 4 days. It may end up being just DH and I on this trip, which will be so weird. DD16 is being wishy washy about coming with us. This would be our 1st ever adult only trip, I'm not sure what that would be like. We still have no park tickets (and really no intention of purchasing them). We will have the DVC event on Tuesday night at AK. Looks like the weather for this weekend will be low's in the 50's and high of about 70 for the races. I'm super excited about that, since last year we had record high temps for the race.

The comments about MS had me feeling bad. When my parents would come with us, I would ride all the new stuff first to make sure my mom could handle it. She has a really bad back, so I was just thinking about the jerking and jumping motions. I rode MS and reported to her that is was so smooth. She would be fine. So... she rode it (no green version then either). She was dizzy and nauseous for 2 days. She has never let me forget it either! :) I just wasn't thinking about that aspect of it at all. Last time DD rode MS, there was vomit all in her capsule. Needless to say, we pretty much avoid MS now.

Stay warm and dry groupies!

. . . . . . . . . Any ride that needs a recovery area is off my list! :)

Boy, I agree! It does sound funny though :rotfl2:. . . . imagine a recovery area after the African Safari, Dumbo Ride, or Pirates! Hmmm . . . makes me think maybe I should try Mission Space again to see if I have any youthful self-recovery left in me!?! I do remember walking out past the "Recovery Area" thinking, "just keep walking". I found a bench a little ways away from the exit to be sure nobody saw me trying to "Recover"! DiznyDi was right there tending to my "Recovery". Jeese Louise!

Day and a half without comments. Though I'm pointing toward getting some sleep in a moment, I had to check in here first, and what do I find? Fold Creep. Yep. What helps prevent that? Crowing about only 12 more days until we head south. We didn't have as good a trip in Dec as we'd hoped, and part of that, we decided, was our own unreasonable expectations. We're going this time just wanting to reconnect, not necessarily for it to be the best trip ever. Time to sit back, relax, and let the magic happen.

Buck up, Groupies! It's HUMP DAY!

Day and a half without comments. Though I'm pointing toward getting some sleep in a moment, I had to check in here first, and what do I find? Fold Creep. Yep. What helps prevent that? Crowing about only 12 more days until we head south. We didn't have as good a trip in Dec as we'd hoped, and part of that, we decided, was our own unreasonable expectations. We're going this time just wanting to reconnect, not necessarily for it to be the best trip ever. Time to sit back, relax, and let the magic happen.

Buck up, Groupies! It's HUMP DAY!

Sleepy...I think you've found the recipe for frequent WDW visitors such as us DVC owners. Expectations can be a challenge, especially if people have received large doses of pixie dust in the past. We have no expectations about crowds, weather, park hours or even which attractions may be down for a period of time. We know we'll be back and that we'll have a chance to do everything at some point in the future.

I will say that the one thing that can bum us out about a trip is constant rain. We can handle heat or cold, but when we get several days in a row of the "all day rains", it can make us kind of grumpy. But really, in our 20+ trips to WDW, we've only encountered that twice and one of those times it was only for half of the trip.

"Sit back, relax, and let the magic happen". That's the recipe for great vacations! :)

Yep, Granny, I believe you are correct. We fell into the trap of expecting our holiday trip to be full of exceptional experiences, and when some of them failed to live up to the hype, it was naturally disappointing. So, this time, we're going just to see what we can see and ride what we can ride. I will say that a large part of our issue in December was that it did rain every single day, often for most of the day. Like you, that's one thing that's tough to overcome. But, we're mentally preparing ourselves for that possibility, as well, on this trip.

I generally have no expectations for the "next" Disney trip. I especially never expect to experience anything new; I'll let the Disney Ninjas and rude one-timers pack the lines, and enjoy the feature after a few seasons. (Granny - "We know we'll be back")

I enjoy the trips because it means I can give 95% of my attention to DiznyDi, and have 95% of DiznyDi's attention, too! We all have those routine interruptions in our relationships that are a necessity to maintain our chosen lifestyle (work, family, hobbies). But when in The World those are, for the most part, left behind. One can focus better on the relationship. It's not the rides or adventures that the magic brings for me, it is the time we get to spend together.

I generally have no expectations for the "next" Disney trip. I especially never expect to experience anything new; I'll let the Disney Ninjas and rude one-timers pack the lines, and enjoy the feature after a few seasons. (Granny - "We know we'll be back")

I enjoy the trips because it means I can give 95% of my attention to DiznyDi, and have 95% of DiznyDi's attention, too! We all have those routine interruptions in our relationships that are a necessity to maintain our chosen lifestyle (work, family, hobbies). But when in The World those are, for the most part, left behind. One can focus better on the relationship. It's not the rides or adventures that the magic brings for me, it is the time we get to spend together.
love 💕 this.

Couldn't say it any better, so I'm quoting you. . .again. :thumbsup2

In less than 2 hours we'll be headed to the Lodge. It's turned out to be just DH and I. I'm excited and sad all at the same time if that even makes sense. It's raining here, so I'm just hoping we don't have to drive the whole way there in the rain. I've requested close the elevators and higher floor. Since we won't arrive until late, I'll be interested to see where we end up.

In less than 2 hours we'll be headed to the Lodge. It's turned out to be just DH and I. I'm excited and sad all at the same time if that even makes sense. It's raining here, so I'm just hoping we don't have to drive the whole way there in the rain. I've requested close the elevators and higher floor. Since we won't arrive until late, I'll be interested to see where we end up.
Any non-KAT rooms should be okay. . .:duck:

Any non-KAT rooms should be okay. . .:duck:

So true Sleepy. So true.
:eeyore:

Not quite there yet, but I can see the room number on my app. We got what I asked for, pool view, close to the elevator, higher floor. No schlepping all the way to end of the hall to the last room, after running the half marathon this year!

Great! Have a great trip and fun races!!!

I leave tomorrow for a weekend at DL. Hoping to get a Boarding group for RoTR and take in what I missed on the first go at it at WDW. It's supposed to cool down for the weekend but still be warmer than where I'm heading after that. Minnesota. Northland. Land of 10,000 skating ponds. Brrrrrrrr

I'm thinking that the next groupie meet needs to be at Mission Space! :rolleyes1

So true Sleepy. So true.
:eeyore:

Great! Have a great trip and fun races!!!

I leave tomorrow for a weekend at DL. Hoping to get a Boarding group for RoTR and take in what I missed on the first go at it at WDW. It's supposed to cool down for the weekend but still be warmer than where I'm heading after that. Minnesota. Northland. Land of 10,000 skating ponds. Brrrrrrrr

I'm thinking that the next groupie meet needs to be at Mission Space! :rolleyes1
If the next Groupie meet is at Mission Space - it would be BYOBB - Bring Your Own Barf Bag

Happy Weekend Groupies! Does Disney still send those little booklets with important dates when you book? I have trips planned in May and September and haven’t received anything.

Getting my much needed Disney fix watching Josh and Jenna with their dad livestreaming at the Villians party tonight. Seems to be very cold there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter