VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

It's going to hit 61 degrees in my part of Mass in an hour here... Someone call the maintenance man, February is broken.

The one thing I really miss about cutting cable is missing the weather forecasts. It's quick and convenient to get my weather and news off my phone, but I miss "Bob" and his explanations of how weather worked. Why things were the way they were. I think kids these days may be missing out on some educational entertainment there.

I can still get glimpses of a news report online, but they're mostly from forecasters with general understandings and not true meteorologists who love to share their knowledge.
....and just a few hours north in Central Vermont we are getting an epic snow storm.

Reporting from Virginia (the Blue Ridge Mtns area), and we had 60s earlier this week, then 50s with about 3" of rain over two days, and now we're sitting below 30F with snow flurries. Meanwhile, my daughter in ME has snow on the way if not already in the middle of it. We're heading to the World in about three weeks and hoping for sun and warmth.

Hi Groupies!

Happy Saturday! Man it was a crazy January! Work was (and sadly still IS) crazy with year end and now the evil auditors are there! Grrrrr....

However, this has not stopped me from planning multiple trips! I mean, it IS why we work right?

We have 3 trips planned to Florida, first one is next month to Sarasota, and our stays to WDW will be abbreviated so that we can spend a few days at the beach.

Finally, a VERY belated birthday to Jimmy!🎁🎂🍻

Hello Fellow Groupies! It’s snowing here in South Carolina - how about where you are?
Let's see. Monday it was 65F. Tuesday it was in the high 50s. Wed and Thu it was the low 50s/high 40s and rained a ton (I think the same as SC?). Friday, it started in the low 40s, dropping to 20s by early evening where it stayed until it dawned partly sunny this morning. Reached a high of 30, clouds rolled in, and now we have a 1/2" of snow on the ground and heavy ground fog. Weather can't seem to make up its mind.

Hello Fellow Groupies! It’s snowing here in South Carolina - how about where you are?

We got nearly a foot of snow yesterday [on top of the good chunk already on the ground]. Today it is windy and -16 C / 4 F before windchill. The wind is making some interesting sculptures in all the snow though !

Right!!? We were looking at a house for our son and dil and while we were walking around the exterior the wind was bone chilling!
I think we've been spoiled by warmer weather. Old Man Winter has come back home and wants to remind us whose season it is.
I was ready to break out my Disney t-shirts yesterday too.

Last edited:
Yes super cold here in Mass. sun is shining so that makes it at least feel better. Can’t wait to be in sunny Florida! One more week till our February vacation here and then after that our April vacation will come quick! We were just talking about how we are going to try out the Contemporary Pool this trip while at BLT.

We into the second week of February and I have yet to shovel any snow out of the driveway here in NE Ohio. Although many around us have had some snow, DiznyDi & I seem to be sitting in "The Zone" where bad weather seems to be streaming north and south of us. I'm loving it! But, as it goes, now that I have mentioned it, I'll get 3 feet by the weekend.

We into the second week of February and I have yet to shovel any snow out of the driveway here in NE Ohio. Although many around us have had some snow, DiznyDi & I seem to be sitting in "The Zone" where bad weather seems to be streaming north and south of us. I'm loving it! But, as it goes, now that I have mentioned it, I'll get 3 feet by the weekend.
Yeah, big mistake. . .BIG mistake. . . :crazy2:

Agree that removing all those rides from Tier 1 was a good move--I don't understand why they ever had so many as Tier 1. When we were there, everyone was just sitting around and waiting, either for RotR or any one of the other Tier 1 rides. Now, if the new Mickey/Minnie ride just happens to have a soft opening for DVC or AP holders, we'll gladly jump on that while we're there!

That would be lovely! I wasn't paying attention as I had to go to Charlotte for business last week & now I don't see any availability for my dates. :sad2: I can always catch it on the next trip.

Happy Monday all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter