VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Corrine,

So glad the wedding went well. Sorry about the house. Maybe a better offer is coming soon.

It has been a couple of years since I have been at the Villas (Boulder Ridge). I have been looking at the pictures and really missing be at the lodge. I am still 135 days away from my next stay at the villas. I had to chuckle reading Kat4Disney's luck with getting a water view room. I have never had a water view and more than once have had the highly desirable dumpster view, in spite of what was on the room request. I am thinking about putting in a request in that asks for any room but the dumpster view, but I am afraid that would just be too tempting to those in room selection. I can hear them laughing already, LOL. Oh well, any day in Disney is a good day.

Hi all! We're staying in a 1 bedroom BRV in January for 3 nights for the first time. My kids are super excited about this resort. We'll be hitting the parks, but we're not hardcore, especially if there's other new things to do. What are some of your favorite can't-miss things to do or explore while we're staying there?

I'll have a 9 yo and nearly 15 yo at that time. We've seen the water pageant and we've done hoop-de-doo before, but not thrilled with the food. They don't have a show-only option, right? I read about the smores and campfire at the campsite. We love to eat, but we're not fancy foodies. Kids love buffets and DH loves themey restaurants. Are any of the restaurants at WL a must-do for you?

It has been a couple of years since I have been at the Villas (Boulder Ridge). I have been looking at the pictures and really missing be at the lodge. I am still 135 days away from my next stay at the villas. I had to chuckle reading Kat4Disney's luck with getting a water view room. I have never had a water view and more than once have had the highly desirable dumpster view, in spite of what was on the room request. I am thinking about putting in a request in that asks for any room but the dumpster view, but I am afraid that would just be too tempting to those in room selection. I can hear them laughing already, LOL. Oh well, any day in Disney is a good day.
Hey, claire! Welcome back! Hope your next trip brings better than KAT-luck. Yeah, I just coined a term. . . pirate:

Hi all! We're staying in a 1 bedroom BRV in January for 3 nights for the first time. My kids are super excited about this resort. We'll be hitting the parks, but we're not hardcore, especially if there's other new things to do. What are some of your favorite can't-miss things to do or explore while we're staying there?

I'll have a 9 yo and nearly 15 yo at that time. We've seen the water pageant and we've done hoop-de-doo before, but not thrilled with the food. They don't have a show-only option, right? I read about the smores and campfire at the campsite. We love to eat, but we're not fancy foodies. Kids love buffets and DH loves themey restaurants. Are any of the restaurants at WL a must-do for you?
Welcome, J! We all hope you have a great time at the Lodge as many of us call it our second home. Things to do:
- Ask for a Hidden Mickey hint sheet at the front desk, and then go explore looking for the Mickeys
- There is a s'mores fire pit near Geyser Point, and they have family movie nights, too. If the weather doesn't allow, they'll usually move it indoors to the VWL building (okay, fine, some people call it BRV).
- Speaking of Geyser Point, it's a nice spot to catch some of the MK fireworks and the music is piped in.
- In the Carolwood Pacific Room in the VWL building, you can sit and play checkers, et. al. and just enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Go on a tour of the Lodge.

As for food, you might be in luck. Whispering Canyon Cafe is an all-you-care-to-eat TS. It's BBQ-style food and comes with or without some humorous elements depending on how much you want to be entertained by your server. The other restaurants are Roaring Fork, an very average QS; Artist Point, now a character meal (it once was a lovely Signature); and Geyser Point, sort of a hybrid TS/QS/bar. As for nearby Ft Wilderness, you can no longer walk there, and driving is a bit of a pain. Your best bet would be to take the boat, and then perhaps eat at Trail's End which has a breakfast and dinner buffet.

Again, we hope you'll drop in often and let us know how your plans are going!

Well, my next DVC stay is in 22 days. I went to the member site to log on and they won't let me sign in. They are requesting my "Club ID" that was sent with my paperwork (18 years ago!) and also an "Activation Code" that was also sent with my membership paperwork!

Needless to say, I can't easily put my hands on that (though I know where it is). So I guess I get to call Member Services tomorrow and find out what the heck is going on!

Well, my next DVC stay is in 22 days. I went to the member site to log on and they won't let me sign in. They are requesting my "Club ID" that was sent with my paperwork (18 years ago!) and also an "Activation Code" that was also sent with my membership paperwork!

Needless to say, I can't easily put my hands on that (though I know where it is). So I guess I get to call Member Services tomorrow and find out what the heck is going on!
Good news: you're heading to the World soon. Bad news: Disney IT strikes again; very typical.

Granny
I was going to DVC site this AM to put in room requests for our trip in 15 days, and no matter what move I make, it keeps kicking me to the WDW site. Something quirky is going on:crazy2:

I ended up calling MS...only a 12 minute wait so not too bad for a Monday.

In the meantime, since it is past midnight I officially have 20 more days to go until our trip to WDW!

We will be at BWV, and then Kidani in 14 days!

Best of all, it’s an all family gathering time, and celebrating DH’s 75:cake: with a fireworks cruise!

Last edited:
We enjoy Trails End buffet a lot. I enjoy the boat ride and if time we look at some camp sites that are seasonally decorated.

We, too, enjoy the Trails End Sunday Brunch! And the camp sites at Christmas time are a sight to see! Take the sleigh ride through the Christmas lights; it is really enjoyable.

Another fan of Trails End here! We loved walking over from WL to breakfast and stopping by to see the horses. We have a ressie for March there, its been awhile and I can't wait, yum :)

Granny
Last night was my 2 week mark for putting in room requests for SSR. I was told once by a CM at DVC that 2 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for those room requests as whoever is behind the scenes doing this plugs in your requests around that time. Our grandson was staying over night with us last night and yesterday was a too busy day to be on hold with DVC, so I took a chance and tried chatting with a DVC member around 7:30 pm. Worked like a charm! She said my requests were already made when I booked but she would make sure they were forwarded to those who need to know.
Dad and Di are to thank from many trips back on which areas to ask for at SSR. We stayed once many moons ago when SSR was small, and just starting out, very near the front area, near the main pool in what I believe would now be a Premium room. We liked it but didn't find it fit our tastes. A few years later it had built up to what we know it to be now, and once again stayed there. Dad and Di suggested the Grandstand area and we knew that was the place to be at their suggestion. We love it over there, a bit removed from the hustle/bustle of the main area, but not so far you cant walk to that area.
My point being, and we hope the the chat last night pans out for our requests. We are only there for 3 nights so not a big deal if not, but will be interested to see how it works out.

Another fan of Trails End here! We loved walking over from WL to breakfast and stopping by to see the horses. We have a ressie for March there, its been awhile and I can't wait, yum :)

Granny
Last night was my 2 week mark for putting in room requests for SSR. I was told once by a CM at DVC that 2 weeks seems to be the sweet spot for those room requests as whoever is behind the scenes doing this plugs in your requests around that time. Our grandson was staying over night with us last night and yesterday was a too busy day to be on hold with DVC, so I took a chance and tried chatting with a DVC member around 7:30 pm. Worked like a charm! She said my requests were already made when I booked but she would make sure they were forwarded to those who need to know.
Dad and Di are to thank from many trips back on which areas to ask for at SSR. We stayed once many moons ago when SSR was small, and just starting out, very near the front area, near the main pool in what I believe would now be a Premium room. We liked it but didn't find it fit our tastes. A few years later it had built up to what we know it to be now, and once again stayed there. Dad and Di suggested the Grandstand area and we knew that was the place to be at their suggestion. We love it over there, a bit removed from the hustle/bustle of the main area, but not so far you cant walk to that area.
My point being, and we hope the the chat last night pans out for our requests. We are only there for 3 nights so not a big deal if not, but will be interested to see how it works out.
Yep, another vote for TE. Their breakfast buffet used to be one of the best bargains and of good quality (relatively speaking for Disney) in the World. I think it's changed a little since our last visit (they used to have pulled pork eggs benedict that were really scrumptious). As for SSR, we'll be staying there in March for our second time. To be blunt, it's not in our top resorts at Disney; however, it's still a lovely place in its own right, and the nights we needed were available for a small amount of points. So, either we stay there or not go. We like Congress Park and its proximity to DS, though Luv stayed in the Grandstand area last year and thought DS almost equally accessible from her room. We enjoy going into DS as the quality of restaurants, percentage-wise, seems to be greater than in the parks and resorts. Obviously, the shopping is more varied, and they still have street performers. :rolleyes1 As for count of days, we are 79 days and counting out from our beloved Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter