VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Good morning all, first time posting on this thread. Currently loving my first stay at the VWL... um BRV... in a 2 bed room (5541), which faces the lake😄. I totally get why u all love this place. So warm and homey feeling and all cast members have been so nice. Here till Friday and loving every minute210F8B93-2F53-48FB-9F0D-999B567CB59F.jpeg

Good morning all, first time posting on this thread. Currently loving my first stay at the VWL... um BRV... in a 2 bed room (5541), which faces the lake😄. I totally get why u all love this place. So warm and homey feeling and all cast members have been so nice. Here till Friday and loving every minuteView attachment 437861
:welcome:We're glad you stopped by and hope you'll continue to join in our merry band's future discussions! Yep, VWL is a magical place, a unique place to unwind at the end of the day or, as you show in this lovely picture, to start your day. Either you get the magical feel at the Lodge or you don't, and you obviously do. Thanks for checking in and sharing with us; let us know how your stay goes. Again, welcome to the Groupies!

Good morning all, first time posting on this thread. Currently loving my first stay at the VWL... um BRV... in a 2 bed room (5541), which faces the lake😄. I totally get why u all love this place. So warm and homey feeling and all cast members have been so nice. Here till Friday and loving every minute

Hi JCGal.... :welcome:

Welcome to the DIS Boards, and welcome to our little neck of the woods called the VWL Groupie thread. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay at VWL. That's a beautiful view...you are obviously an early riser to get that picture! :)

And that's a nice room location...very nice view and only three doors down the hallway from the atrium (which is unfortunately closed off on the 5th floor). You might want to stop at the 3rd or 4th floor to see the view of the chandeliers and VWL lobby.

And another five nights there....nice!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your view with us as well as your opinion of our beloved VWL.

Thanks @JCGal for reminding me to also say how much we enjoyed our recent, and 1st stay at VWL 😊. We are 1BR folks and I requested highest floor, highest odd numbered room (I know the 1BR’s don’t go too far down the hall on the upper floors). We were assigned 4523 and it was fantastic. We loved the details of the DVC building, love the resort overall (we have stayed CCV) and found the room to be in good shape. The virtual tours undersell the warmth of the decor. Very nice! We will be back. We had it booked for early December 2018 and had to cancel for a medical emergency. We hope to snag it again sometime in the Christmas season.

AE5EF046-8D3E-4EB3-82B2-6704F0667BF0.jpeg

Another great shot showing some of the beauty that is our beloved home, and thanks Spartan! We're also happy to see that we continue to be a place where people can drop in, share, and become one of our extended family. As we often say, our only requisite to be a Groupie is a love for the Lodge. . .and money sometimes. pirate: Both your shot and JCGal's pics make me long for home. 87 days! There is no more magical place to stay during the holidays than the Lodge--truly a unique and heartwarming experience.

Good morning all, first time posting on this thread. Currently loving my first stay at the VWL... um BRV... in a 2 bed room (5541), which faces the lake😄. I totally get why u all love this place. So warm and homey feeling and all cast members have been so nice. Here till Friday and loving every minuteView attachment 437861
Great to hear you're enjoying your trip to VWL. Plus, an awesome room view!

@KAT4DISNEY did you see the view from @JCGal 's room? I immediately thought of you. :D

Ah yes, the side of the lodge that shall not be assigned to me. Sigh. :eeyore:
So pretty.

I did find a picture of the cabin we'll probably be assigned to.......

Eeyore_2.jpg

:rotfl2:

View attachment 439048
This is from yesterday, they were sprucing DVC Mickey up a bit. Not sure why picture is sideways:confused:
DVC Mickey! Long time Lodge goers may recall that years ago he was closer to the junction of the walkways between VWL and the main Lodge, and in his earlier days actually sported a tail. During one particularly brutal stretch of winter weather in early December (about 8-9 years ago), he was covered up--along with the buffalo which were out front of the main Lodge and the geese (RIP 😔) near the entrance arch. He lost his tail from that episode. Fast forward a few years, and DVC Mickey disappeared altogether for a time as did the buffalo and the geese. Both Mickey and the buffalo re-appeared, albeit in new locations; sadly, the geese "flew" away and never returned, yet another victim to budget cuts which were no doubt propelled by "customers' desires."

Thanks for the pic!!

Here you go, JCGal.

View attachment 439188

Sometimes that happens to me when I post from a phone or an iPad.

And here's the old topiary (minus the tail) which was right next to the covered sidewalk to VWL.

View attachment 439190
I'm right in saying the new DVC Mickey is fake, correct? Buffalo, too? Live ones are more unique, more organic which I love. But, they cost money to maintain, and that's a big no-no anymore. . .

Hi Groupie Friends!:wave:

Well, the wedding weekend was pure magic! From the rehearsal dinner to the main event and then to the farewell brunch, everything was just perfect! :cloud9:

We put my moms house on the market a few weeks ago, and had an offer but the buyer just backed out yesterday, so back to square one! Hoping for some pixie dust to get this settled soon.pixiedust:

Hi Groupie Friends!:wave:

Well, the wedding weekend was pure magic! From the rehearsal dinner to the main event and then to the farewell brunch, everything was just perfect! :cloud9:

We put my moms house on the market a few weeks ago, and had an offer but the buyer just backed out yesterday, so back to square one! Hoping for some pixie dust to get this settled soon.pixiedust:

Corinne...that's awesome to hear that the wedding weekend went so well. And now a well-deserved breather for you!

We'll bring out the Moose Dust Dance to help get your mother's house sold fast!.....

Moose Dance.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter