VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thank you!!! I had some sad things happen since my move to FL (my mother passed away in 2019 and my younger sister just passed away very unexpectedly in May). It's all had me very "down" for a bit. My grandson lifts my spirits and makes me smile all the time.
I do plan on being a bit more present in the group :)
Awww Mia, I'm so sorry to hear of your recent losses. It's been over a decade but I also lost my mother and then my brother unexpectedly (58 years) all in 8 months of each other. I can definitely sympathize. :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you Jimmy (yay on the grands!), Disney Loving Iowan, Kat4Disney and everyone for the condolences. Yes, my sister was only 57. I had a 14 days heads up she wasn't well.

Granny, is BWV for Food and Wine I presume? I was just "forced" to stay in Riviera for F&W (as I joked with Julie) recently as it was the only available room. I snagged it 10 days before our arrival (just wanted to add a day or two to our trip). Actually it's pretty convenient to Epcot via the Skyliner. Rob and I were pleasantly surprised and had views of Spaceship Earth from our room. You could perhaps add that to your waitlist? Not optimal I know.....but really a breeze to get in/out of Epcot from. Maybe I missed a post of yours (might have to go back and find your original post) and I'm off-base with this suggestion but just wanted to throw it out there.

Oh guys. I'm sitting here this morning watching a stream from the MK last night and crying my eyes out. The MK is so beautiful at Christmas and I want to be there so bad it hurts. I want to walk around and see all the decorations in the park and then head over to the Lodge and sit and look at the beautiful tree in the lobby. Why am I torturing myself by watching this? Ugh. This stinks.

Thank you Jimmy (yay on the grands!), Disney Loving Iowan, Kat4Disney and everyone for the condolences. Yes, my sister was only 57. I had a 14 days heads up she wasn't well.

Granny, is BWV for Food and Wine I presume? I was just "forced" to stay in Riviera for F&W (as I joked with Julie) recently as it was the only available room. I snagged it 10 days before our arrival (just wanted to add a day or two to our trip). Actually it's pretty convenient to Epcot via the Skyliner. Rob and I were pleasantly surprised and had views of Spaceship Earth from our room. You could perhaps add that to your waitlist? Not optimal I know.....but really a breeze to get in/out of Epcot from. Maybe I missed a post of yours (might have to go back and find your original post) and I'm off-base with this suggestion but just wanted to throw it out there.
Mia..yes we were trying to book BWV for the Food &Wine Festival. It is one of our home resorts and yes we were trying to book standard view which makes it tougher. We just had never experienced being blocked at the 11 month mark before.

I didn’t even think about Riviera but I’ll toss that into the potential for the 7 month mark. I do have VWL booked so my fallback plan is in place. Thanks for sharing the tip.

We just got home from a quick weekend trip to wdw. We booked last minute so it was split between BWV and GFV. When we drove by Timberline Dr my heart skipped a beat. It’s our first trip in a long time we didn’t squeeze in a stop at the lodge but we get a full week there in June. I don’t know what it is about this place but it is just my absolute favorite place in the world. I love exploring other resorts but it’s really tough when I go a few trips not staying at the lodge. Now the countdown begins!

So have you all had your DVC accounts hijacked and think it demands 2-factor identification? Rogue reservations appearing out of the blue? Vacations cancelled?

This is just silly. :sad2: Considering how often it boots me off trying to switch or even book a reservation I'm thinking it's going to increase my "loss" factor.

So have you all had your DVC accounts hijacked and think it demands 2-factor identification? Rogue reservations appearing out of the blue? Vacations cancelled?

This is just silly. :sad2: Considering how often it boots me off trying to switch or even book a reservation I'm thinking it's going to increase my "loss" factor.
I see the two step authentication, I will need to make sure my account is set up to use the text option. Should also alert us quickly if anyone is attempting to hack the account.

No changes to any of my trips.

Years back I used to log in to see other people's reservations on my account, but that has not happened in a very, very long time.

Was your account compromised?

I see the two step authentication, I will need to make sure my phone is set up to retrieve my emails, wish they'd send a text instead.

No changes to any of my trips.

Years back I used to log in to see other people's reservations on my account, but that has not happened in a very, very long time.

Was your account compromised?
No it wasn't nor have I ever seen anybody post that theirs was either. Have you? About the only thing was an authorized user or two making changes when a couple was split or sharing an account. On a risk scale anything with Disney websites seems to be pretty low and there's still functionality issues that pop up that IMO should have gotten attention 1st.

I was able to set up to have an option to receive a text. You have to go into your MDE account and either verify the phone number you have there or add one and verify if you don't have one,

No it wasn't nor have I ever seen anybody post that theirs was either. Have you? About the only thing was an authorized user or two making changes when a couple was split or sharing an account. On a risk scale anything with Disney websites seems to be pretty low and there's still functionality issues that pop up that IMO should have gotten attention 1st.

I was able to set up to have an option to receive a text. You have to go into your MDE account and either verify the phone number you have there or add one and verify if you don't have one,
Found it! Updated my post so no one thinks it's not possible. Why did they hide that there?

I have not seen anyone who's had issues. I suppose it's good that they're pro-active on this.

Found it! Updated my post so no one thinks it's not possible. Why did they hide that there?

I have not seen anyone who's had issues. I suppose it's good that they're pro-active on this.
I just am not certain what they are protecting. I've noticed this type of thing frequently on websites that really have little or nothing to protect though. I guess I'm just cranky. At the moment it's an annoyance with a company that's done a lot of other annoying things in the past couple of years.

I just am not certain what they are protecting. I've noticed this type of thing frequently on websites that really have little or nothing to protect though. I guess I'm just cranky. At the moment it's an annoyance with a company that's done a lot of other annoying things in the past couple of years.
My stock investment site has done this for years, but DVC, c'mon man! Im with you KAT, fix the other longstanding bug issues before creating more issues

I just logged in to member services and was given the email option to log in, but I wanted phone. I was not given a choice. So, I went in and saw my phone number in Disney Account, but the country code was undefined. I could not select United States and have it stick. What I ended up doing is clearing the phone number and selecting another country in the country code. Then I saw it change from undefined. I then selected United States and got the 1 instead of undefined. Weird. I logged off and logged back in and was given a choice with the phone number the default. If they really want to be secure, they would setup an authenticator system or even the new Auth (passkey) system.

Apple Passkeys (Auth)

Yup....I got an email awhile back about preparing the 2-step authentication. Our issue was the plan was to default to the "primary" owner on account (my husband) in order to send text or email code. Poor guy would be getting texts and emails like crazy because during trip planning times (which is almost non-stop!), I am the one doing all the planning (booking/ waitlists etc). So I had to switch HIS cell number to mine so that I got the codes texted to me. I am thinking it takes one thing to go wrong for a company to make a change??!!! Maybe someone got into someone's account and used all their points? Who knows.....but I agree......it's is a royal pain. I wish they would do away with park reservations. SOOOOOO many issues I've had with this. SOOOO many. Been ON HOLD for 30 min now (and counting!) for a park reservation related issue. If it weren't for park reservations, I would have that 37 min back in my life LOL. Picking up phone NOW at 37:19. After ALL OF THIS WAIT. I am told what I need done has to be made in person. FRUSTRATING.

IMG_3144.jpg

Goat. Rope. When I went to log in, the email they wanted to send the code to is one I haven't used in 15 years, have no access to it. Yes, I changed it to my current email address a few years back. :confused: Let's play Hangman, and I'll spot everyone a few letters: I D _ O T S

Goat. Rope. When I went to log in, the email they wanted to send the code to is one I haven't used in 15 years, have no access to it. Yes, I changed it to my current email address a few years back. :confused: Let's play Hangman, and I'll spot everyone a few letters: I D _ O T S
Same thing kinda happened to me when I called Amazon..... they wanted me to verify my address......... from 12 years ago which was not in my account addresses or anywhere in my profile. Took 20 minutes with the person on the phone to go through and finally remember my old home address. Amazon's website still doesn't have the "default" address for an account that I could find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter