Voyage of the little Mermaid

What’s more appalling is this show has been closed for 3 years and Disney is fine letting that prime piece of land just stay vacant on the property!
The Stitch's Great Escape building has been sitting abandoned since 2018 with Disney having zero issues keeping it that way. The Wonders of Life pavillion has been abandoned for 16 years (minus festival stuff here and there).

HS really needs the expansion so I wish they would bulldoze Animation Courtyard and build something else.

Aww that sucks. Doesn't sound like it will be coming back. I was born in the 80's and Little Mermaid is one of my very favorite classic Disney movies.
I have a daughter born in the 80s. DH and I would take turns taking her to see the movie so we didn’t feel weird for wanting to see it so often. (One of us needed to stay home with the baby.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again... an Encanto stage show with some cool projection mapping for Casa Madrigal would be awesome here. The live from the Hollywood Bowl special was a lot of fun.
This. My daughter watches the hollywood bowl special at least once a day.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... an Encanto stage show with some cool projection mapping for Casa Madrigal would be awesome here. The live from the Hollywood Bowl special was a lot of fun.

At least according to the latest D23 Expo, something like that will be coming to Magic Kingdom in the area past BTM.

At least according to the latest D23 Expo, something like that will be coming to Magic Kingdom in the area past BTM.
What was said at D23 Re: beyond big Thunder and dinoland were blue sky “What If” ideas and nothing set in stone and at the moment after dreamers point/communicore/journey of water/Tiana florida will not be getting anything new for a long time

What was said at D23 Re: beyond big Thunder and dinoland were blue sky “What If” ideas and nothing set in stone and at the moment after dreamers point/communicore/journey of water/Tiana florida will not be getting anything new for a long time
Yeah, the point I was trying to make is that the idea already existed, just for another park. Just like with most things at WDW, timing is TBD.

Oh, I’m so sad..not having been to WDW In a hundred years, Im not up on its news. So sad this is gone, I loved this production! Oh well…typical Disney of late that they just let this real estate rot. That whole area should be rebuilt into something new and innovative !

oh, and BTW, do you think Disney has a plan for Rock’n’ Roller Coaster once Steven Tyler passes? Are they still showing that same video setup? Those guys haven’t looked that good in 50 years… :rotfl2:
just sayin it could use an update too…

Voyage of the Liffle Mermaid is a wonderful show. Much better than the MK little mermaid that in essence has replaced it. Very lame other than the Ursula animatronic.

It almost feels to me that the entire section of the park from voyage of the little mermaid is in holding. Maybe they are praying they can do an Avengers campus from there over and feud with Marvel for it?

Having Star Wars character greets so far from the rest of SW makes no sense. I think they only do it over there to not make a third of the park feel vacant.

Yes! They have plenty of room to bulldoze that whole section and put in Avengers Campus and let the lawyers hash it out. Maybe they could get the e-ticket ride we have been promised at CA but was never delivered on.

It would definitely be an incentive for me to return to Florida if that ever happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter