• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VMK Reopening

Yeah, I want to see these pics too bc it doesn't sound like Dashyboy to do something like that, unless of course for a joke then yes i could completely see it! :rotfl2:

I have been hoping for so long i figured maybe for the holidays then NO i figured maybe for new years then NO so i have one last hope which is on May 21st and then i oficially give up all hope

I have been hoping for so long i figured maybe for the holidays then NO i figured maybe for new years then NO so i have one last hope which is on May 21st and then i oficially give up all hope

Awe... you shouldn't give up all hope. It may just come back when you least expect it, keep your eyes open at least. You never know.

The other games will NEVER be like VMK. VFK hardly ever loads, has lotls of lag and is in no way, shape or form remotely like VMK. I play BABV but it got rid of the "safe open chat" and that takes away have the fun.

I want to email Disney and either ask them to reopen it (which, of course, they won't listen to that) or tell us the real and honest truth about why it closed (which seems a lot more likely).

Why can't they just stop the new games Disney came up with and bring VMK back instead? It's obviously much more liked than them...I don't understand.

Why can't they just stop the new games Disney came up with and bring VMK back instead? It's obviously much more liked than them...I don't understand.

VMK was split between Disney and Sulake, and VMK made no money. That's all there is too it.

"VMK was split between Disney and Sulake, and VMK made no money. That's all there is too it."

Now I get it. Disney probably never wanted to give up VMK, but Sulake stopped spending on it or something and they had to close it. It's all Sulake's fault, at least I hope so.

Why can't Disney make VMK on it's own? They have the money, they have the technology. Or else they need to find someone else to make VMK with, say "Make they game look like this" so we can have our VMK back. Disney's knows we are sad about this, or else they're completely ignoring us. I hope Disney hasn't turned into one of those money hungry companies.

"VMK was split between Disney and Sulake, and VMK made no money. That's all there is too it."

Now I get it. Disney probably never wanted to give up VMK, but Sulake stopped spending on it or something and they had to close it. It's all Sulake's fault, at least I hope so.

Why can't Disney make VMK on it's own? They have the money, they have the technology. Or else they need to find someone else to make VMK with, say "Make they game look like this" so we can have our VMK back. Disney's knows we are sad about this, or else they're completely ignoring us. I hope Disney hasn't turned into one of those money hungry companies.

They already do care about money more than they should. Walt didn't ever care about money though... he was pretty poor. Didn't he pass away with only a little bit of pocket change with him? Literally. But I guess no one is really going to run Disney like Walt himself.
But yeah, from my own guesses im pretty sure it was Sulake. Have you seen than game Habbo? They charge money for it and they have millions of users... I guess they just decided to drop vmk. Disney should have persevered with it though. Could have made it pay to play and all, find a new company to help with it. Maybe they will someday.

I just want to clear up one thing without trying to aim blame.

Sulake was contracted by Disney. This was Disney's decision not Sulake's. Disney opted not to renew the contract as it was their wish to no longer keep vmk running.

Sulake was contracted by Disney. This was Disney's decision not Sulake's. Disney opted not to renew the contract as it was their wish to no longer keep vmk running.

:mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!

So does that mean there is no hope left? Since Disney obviously didn't want to keep VMK open???? Do they care?? Do they care that half the world is mad/sad about VMK closing???? Someone oughta knock some sense into Disney.........

Umm actually no you don't get it. The contract just ran out and to spend money on a contract which is alot of money for something that doesn't make money is out of the question. It was no one's fault, it was just a business decision, please don't twist my words like that.

Thank you. :)

It still makes me mad............

Why didn't just make it a pay to play like all the other Disney games? You have to pay if you want special options that you don't get if you don't pay on pretty much all of them.

I would SO give up my Pirate UA to play VMK. But a lot of people probably don't have they money right now, so that wouldn't be a good idea in the first place...

I wish convincing Disney to do something was a heck of a lot easier......

It still makes me mad............

Why didn't just make it a pay to play like all the other Disney games? You have to pay if you want special options that you don't get if you don't pay on pretty much all of them.

I would SO give up my Pirate UA to play VMK. But a lot of people probably don't have they money right now, so that wouldn't be a good idea in the first place...

I wish convincing Disney to do something was a heck of a lot easier......

Yeah... the convincing part isn't going very well. Only if money were involved would they probably be interested -_- I dont know any supremely rich people, unfortuantely. I doubt any of them would want to loan me millions of dollars anyways.

What is so great about Sulake? The only game it has (that I know of) is pixelated, has no filter and you have to pay, in real money, for the furniture and rooms.

My last hope that Disney did not want VMK to close is that Disney didn't have enough money to renew the contract with Sulake, but I find that unlikely as Disney has loads of money.

Why di Disney decide not to renew the contract? And like I said, do they even CARE anymore??

The extra space in WDW Florida is worth around 4 Bn allone (being the space they dont use)

Disney has quite some money in assets, in fact, the spare money bought them ABC back couple of years.

This was a sole decision because Michael Eisner didnt know what to do with all the money ^^

Well since we are in an economic crisis right now things have changed I guess ^^

Although Disney Land Europe is making some money after like 15 years

2db1g5x.jpg

This screen shot was taken December 2005. Maybe their plans changed, and they decided to use the "just a promotion" excuse. Either way it is gone, but the way Disney handled the closing could have and should have been better.

2db1g5x.jpg

This screen shot was taken December 2005. Maybe their plans changed, and they decided to use the "just a promotion" excuse. Either way it is gone, but the way Disney handled the closing could have and should have been better.

I wish....:sad1:

At first when I saw it I thought it said "do u see a future for VMK?" and then I thought that you said that it was taken in Decemder 2007...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter