VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to know far more than I do about marketing. I still don't see how giving free items away to these social media folk increase Disney's reach to new people. Surely the people following these social media folk are already Disney fans and would be spending money accordingly. It does not increase public awareness. Now, I understand Disney owns and uses ABC to promote their products, that's an entirely different animal as What Disney needs is to reach the people who may or may not be fans and are deciding between a Royal Caribbean cruise and a Disney cruise, between staying at the Hilton and staying at Grand Floridian. Those people. Just seems to be a wasted effort on the marketing team's part to bother with these social media folk and then police them to be sure they do their part right.

Again, I'm really just a bystander in the world of marketing. It still blows my mind how much money companies throw at things like 30 second commercials during the super bowl.

:) I have a BA in Digital Marketing and I am a freelance digital marketing consultant, so this is all part of my day job. I have hired bloggers for clients so I know the inside track so to speak of Return of Investment and why a company would use Influencer Marketing.

Basically people buy from people. Its just like Amazon or Google reviews or Trust Pilot. People want to see someone like them , someone they can identify with trying a product or going to an event or doing a dining review. It is seen as more trust worthy and credible than a corporate ad or video or social media post from the official company social media.

There is a lot of hidden and unconscious psychology behind marketing, customer behavior and why people buy things. I find it all fascinating :)

:) I have a BA in Digital Marketing and I am a freelance digital marketing consultant, so this is all part of my day job. I have hired bloggers for clients so I know the inside track so to speak of Return of Investment and why a company would use Influencer Marketing.

Basically people buy from people. Its just like Amazon or Google reviews or Trust Pilot. People want to see someone like them , someone they can identify with trying a product or going to an event or doing a dining review. It is seen as more trust worthy and credible than a corporate ad or video or social media post from the official company social media.

There is a lot of hidden and unconscious psychology behind marketing, customer behavior and why people buy things. I find it all fascinating :)
Thank you for your help explaining it. I appreciate knowledge from those who have been trained in the info they provide.

just to address some things.

Vloggers are basically hired by Disney, even if you don't realize they are. Disney like many big company's now use Influencer Marketing as part of their overall marketing plan. This means they will have a list of Vloggers and will give these Vloggers special access, previews , merchandise and other indirect payments. In return the Vloggers create content and distribute it on behalf of Disney.

That is why on the first day of a festival, on the opening day of a land or ride, on the first day new merchandise is available, on the first day new menu items in a restaurant etc. etc., the vloggers will be in the parks. Its their job to promote the new things on behalf of Disney.

There are also legal rules about influencer marketing, legally they have to declare if they were given something free, or if they were specifically invited to a preview event. They have to use words like partnership, sponsored , gifted etc.

Influencer Marketing is an industry term , go research it.

Not all of them are on Disney's list and some just recently and only for certain events. The Trackers were dropped by Disney and Universal after the fiasco with some of their old vlogs from what I've heard. It's also been pretty obvious from noticing other vloggers being invited to these and the Trackers not covering the events or covering them days later on their own. A recent example would be the Velocicoaster opening. Luckily for them, they have enough money at this point in their YouTube careers to cover the expenses of doing these things themselves, but you'll notice they aren't at the company sponsored events like the other vloggers are.

Wow.....you really seem to have an axe to grind with them. Mind sharing your YouTube page with us? I'm sure it's really good since you seem to know what should be done?

You also seem to have a real problem with the media kick backs they're getting, like it's criminal or something. It's a media pass they get, just like any media outlets. I'm sure you feel the same way about ABC or Time Magazine, etc?

The Trackers may not be your cup of tea, that's fine. But they're far from a vlog that isn't popular. Today they're sitting at 875K subscribers and every video they post is consistently between 100k-200k views. They may be boring to some of you but there's plenty of people who think otherwise.

Nearly 900k subs and struggling to get 100-200k views are pathetic metrics.

PMM and Super Enthused are blowing them out of the water ratio wise.

The only time I have seen any vloggers was last July, when I went to Epcot the day it reopened. I only saw a couple of them (no one I recognized) and they weren’t being disruptive to other guests.

I do think it’s a good idea for the vloggers to be respectful of other guests and not disrupt their vacations if at all possible. I do not think they should be creating content by filming other guests on purpose and making derogatory comments about them. There have been vloggers who I have tried once and never again because they comment about other guests. I don’t think they should talk through attractions or talk over pre-shows.

I also feel other guests should just leave the vloggers alone if they are being respectful. This is their job. Do you go to other places of employment and deliberately try to mess up the work people are doing? Viewers should also not do things like make threats or post personal information about vloggers. Just don’t watch their content if you don’t like them. There isn’t any shortage of Disney vloggers, and I am sure you can find one you like. I think a lot of this boils down to the viewer envying the vloggers ability to be in the parks so often, but again, this is their job. It’s not the same as you going and just relaxing and enjoying the day. I don’t envy the vloggers having to be “on stage” the whole time they are in the parks, even when they aren’t filming, in case they are recognized. I don’t envy them having to carry their gear all day either.

I would not mind being in the background of a vlogger’s video, and probably have been. I would probably feel a little self conscious if they were following me through an entire attraction queue or sitting right next to me in a restaurant, and would try to move out of the line of sight if possible.

This is their job. Do you go to other places of employment and deliberately try to mess up the work people are doing?

Yes and no. Their “job” relies almost entirely on the services of another corporation. Good on them for monetizing that, I guess. Equating that to people actually employed by other businesses doesn’t necessarily track.

Yes and no. Their “job” relies almost entirely on the services of another corporation. Good on them for monetizing that, I guess. Equating that to people actually employed by other businesses doesn’t necessarily track.
But some are employed by other businesses. Molly and the other Allears personalities are employed by Allears. And those that are independent are simply self-employed. Hey, more power to them.

The point I was hoping to make was that most people wouldn’t think going into a place of business and trying to disrupt it was right, but they think it’s fine and dandy to hassle vloggers if they see one out working. Not just Disney either. What about people who review restaurants, transportation options, or beauty products, where they can receive comps? Any profession that is known to have good perks falls into this area. I just don’t think it is right for a person to go out of their way to do things to disrupt their work if the vlogger is trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. It’s a totally different story if the vlogger is being a jerk and ruining the experience for others. Even then, though, I wouldn’t do anything like releasing personal info about them online, because that can be dangerous. I think people believe those who are making money this way are getting all these perks for basically doing nothing, when in reality, they are spending as much time on the job as a typical nine to fiver, with less of a work /life balance, since they have to be prepared at a moment’s notice to drop everything when something new happens or they risk falling out of favor.

I am not a vlogger, nor do I know any vloggers personally. I just feel a little politeness on both sides goes a long way towards making the situation positive for everyone.

Nearly 900k subs and struggling to get 100-200k views are pathetic metrics.

PMM and Super Enthused are blowing them out of the water ratio wise.
At least they have your views since you seem to know every detail about their lives and vlogs. :-)

PMM and Jackie have been vlogging for less than 5 years. As their channels age they will have an increasing amount of inactive subscribers.

I believe bloggers/vloggers hired by Disney (or not) are part of the catalyst to change AP program. They clog up the new rides, film them thus creating a distraction, re-ride popular attractions,again and again making it a bit harder for the once- in-a-blue -moon visitor to enjoy the ride. I think the disney Blogger phenomenon is over saturated. I hope changes to the AP program will lessen their visibility in the parks.

At least they have your views since you seem to know every detail about their lives and vlogs. :-)

PMM and Jackie have been vlogging for less than 5 years. As their channels age they will have an increasing amount of inactive subscribers.
So far they both seem to work hard at regularly bringing interesting and entertaining content. People will watch if they continue.

When I see vloggers who I am subscribed to in the parks, I go up to them and talk to them. They have all been very nice and friendly. I've also run into several people who aren't vloggers but who are friends of them who appear often in their videos and they have all been nice too. I've been pretty good at being able to spot people out of a crowd, but sometimes they just pop up in front of me. Once I was in a park watching a new video from a vlogger on my phone and I happened to look up and there he was just a few feet in front of me walking by. So far, I've had a speaking part in two vlogs and one live stream in which I talk to a vlogger on camera. It's fun, so I'm looking for the vloggers when I go to WDW and not avoiding them.

That's why YouTube subs are meaningless. YouTube needs to remove subs from creators who haven't viewed anything after a set time frame.

But some are employed by other businesses. Molly and the other Allears personalities are employed by Allears. And those that are independent are simply self-employed. Hey, more power to them.

Yes but … they are not employees of the business they’re patronizing to do their job. There’s false equivalence in the poster’s original argument.

... I just feel a little politeness on both sides goes a long way towards making the situation positive for everyone.

I agree with everything you've said. Politeness and respect on both sides is key. Disney isnt cheap for anyone, and some are reverent about it so don't impede on anyone elses experience. Do onto others...

That's why YouTube subs are meaningless. YouTube needs to remove subs from creators who haven't viewed anything after a set time frame.

I don't think youtube needs to remove inacative subs but yes, the sub count doesnt equate loyal viewers and should be taken with a grain of salt. Ive subscribed to certain channels that I may only watch one out of every twenty videos they post. If I eventually stop watching all together I unsubcribe myself to clear up my feed, but many dont.

You really hate the Trackers don't you? Why continue to watch them if you dislike them so much? Everyone enjoys their own thing.

Makes sense though I guess. I Googled that other forum others mentioned in here that outed their real names, constantly bash them, call them names, etc. and I see you're a VIP member who makes the timtracker threads to attack and bash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter