VLOGGERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone that mentioned above about Paging Mr Morrow and Super Enthused dining at Ohana and a family inviting them to join them looking uncomfortable. Someone posted in another thread that family was a Disney travel agent and I'm certain they knew what they were getting themselves into and knew who Nate and Jackie were.

Lol almost every Disney fan is a travel agent now. My best friend from childhood does it. Doesn't mean she wants to eat her entire dinner with a camera in her face. But yes, since they invited them, they had to know somewhat...and my disclaimer clearly was that the videos were obviously edited and didn't show the whole meal. Don't be such a STAN! 😉✌ The title of the post is VLOGGERS? so what else should we talk about, the weather?

I'm pretty sure I know what site your talking about, I don't shock easily, but WOW. Some of the most vile things I've ever seen written about people ever.

What. In. The. World. Wow......now I know one of the corners of the internet that the dregs of society hang out at.......they actually waste time watching youtube videos that they clearly dislike and then waste more time being extremely critical on message boards.......they must have such happy lives.....

Just for clarity sake - I'm referring to the website that dreamtripper/jalpert are alluding to.

Lol almost every Disney fan is a travel agent now. My best friend from childhood does it. Doesn't mean she wants to eat her entire dinner with a camera in her face. But yes, since they invited them, they had to know somewhat...and my disclaimer clearly was that the videos were obviously edited and didn't show the whole meal. Don't be such a STAN! 😉 The title of the post is VLOGGERS? so what else should we talk about, the weather?

Really?

That's what you take away from my post? Mmmmmkay

Nothing wrong with discussing them at all......I just personally see problems when we're criticizing a couple of putting their toddler on youtube videos and not socializing him instead. LIke we know what their entire week includes, just because we see the video evidence of a few hours of their life.

Yeh, its pretty horrible, and I'm somewhat thankful I don't have whatever defect would draw me to it regularly. I stumbled across it, but felt sick after reading it. I feel bad for those people.

Really?

That's what you take away from my post? Mmmmmkay

Nothing wrong with discussing them at all......I just personally see problems when we're criticizing a couple of putting their toddler on youtube videos and not socializing him instead. LIke we know what their entire week includes, just because we see the video evidence of a few hours of their life.

I get what you're saying, but I personally did not criticize them. I said I enjoyed seeing him, and it was their decision to do whatever they chose as his parents... I think Jackson looks fine and happy and they are loving parents. I just said it's not something I would do myself because of my fear of nut jobs., but their baby - their choice. Maybe I phrased it the wrong way, especially knowing that gossip site exists. It really wierded me out to know anyone can say stuff like that about a baby,

I get what you're saying, but I personally did not criticize them. I said I enjoyed seeing him, and it was their decision to do whatever they chose as his parents... I think Jackson looks fine and happy and they are loving parents. I just said it's not something I would do myself because of my fear of nut jobs., but their baby - their choice. Maybe I phrased it the wrong way, especially knowing that gossip site exists. It really wierded me out to know anyone can say stuff like that about a baby,

No worries.....I don't believe your post was the one I was referring to....sorry if it seemed like I was aiming it at you.....my first line about being critical and then the sentence about the Ohana videos of Nate/Jackie were completely separate.

Ok, I was just having a conversation about this on another post. I met the Trackers this past June coming out of the Uggs store in Disney Springs. How I noticed them was I saw a baby in a stroller come out the door first and said "My god, that baby looks just like Jackson!" and sure enough Tim came out the door pushing the stroller and Jenn and some friends followed, and I went over and said Hi. Now personally, I admit, I love seeing Jackson in the videos. I think he is adorable and does seem like a happy baby, but it did get me thinking afterwards that I had recognized Jackson very, very quickly, and it left me with a somewhat bad taste in my mouth as there are a lot of sickos in this world.

If you do a quick search in Google with their names, you can easily find a gossip site that has literally HUNDREDS of pages dedicated to bashing the Trackers. Horrible, horrible, truly mean stuff. Not only that, but people have outted their real last name, home address and one post actually threatened physical harm to the baby. (The moderators reported it to the police, thankfully) This was all under a quick glance at the page, not even a thorough read through. I would NEVER tell other people how to raise their kids, I do feel it is their choice as his parents to do what they want, but honestly it would not be something I would do personally if it was my child. I would just be too scared. Plus, I remember thinking the same thing years ago watching the Osbournes, even with their kids being older. I just felt being under 18, they didn't really have the full scope of what being in that spotlight meant. I don't think the Trackers are exploiting Jackson, he seems well loved and healthy, but yeh, I do hope it doesn't create issues for the kid as he gets older.

That's brutal about people outing the Trackers. Not sure whether that's jealousy, self-pity, or just plain stupidity, but it really reflects poorly on people as a society.

I wouldn't put my kid in my videos if I was a vlogger either, but it's 100% the Trackers decision. They are the parents, they get to decide the choices for their child at this point, as most parents do for their own children.

That's brutal about people outing the Trackers. Not sure whether that's jealousy, self-pity, or just plain stupidity, but it really reflects poorly on people as a society.

I wouldn't put my kid in my videos if I was a vlogger either, but it's 100% the Trackers decision. They are the parents, they get to decide the choices for their child at this point, as most parents do for their own children.

The issue with the Trackers is that prior to them having their baby, they made a point that the baby wouldn't be featured in their vlogs, and they wanted privacy for their family....you can tell that didn't last very long when you have them using their kid for other businesses to market and advertise.

My husband saw Molly at Hollywood Studios on our last trip and thought that was cool. I wouldn't care if I was in the background of a youtube video. I do think some of the vloggers are annoying and it gets old hearing about their weekly free "staycations" but whatever.

The issue with the Trackers is that prior to them having their baby, they made a point that the baby wouldn't be featured in their vlogs, and they wanted privacy for their family....you can tell that didn't last very long when you have them using their kid for other businesses to market and advertise.
Yes, they did say that, but I don't think they use him exploitatively. Fans expressed the desire to see him more, because they find him cute and sweet. Plus the Trackers have always been "daily" vloggers and just fell into the Disney niche because they realized it came with a bigger following. It would be hard to "daily" vlog without showing your child. Its a fine line.

In juxtaposition to that, I have also seen some comments on videos where people have said Tim shouldn't show his family stuff "cause it's boring" and that they wanted more of him in the parks riding rides and less family stuff. I also think that's extreme. He's a dad now and has other priorities than riding rides all day. No matter what they do, they won't please everyone.

Yes, they did say that, but I don't think they use him exploitatively. Fans expressed the desire to see him more, because they find him cute and sweet. Plus the Trackers have always been "daily" vloggers and just fell into the Disney niche because they realized it came with a bigger following. It would be hard to "daily" vlog without showing your child. Its a fine line.

In juxtaposition to that, I have also seen some comments on videos where people have said Tim shouldn't show his family stuff "cause it's boring" and that they wanted more of him in the parks riding rides and less family stuff. I also think that's extreme. He's a dad now and has other priorities than riding rides all day. No matter what they do, they won't please everyone.

Except there are many ways around it. Their baby has no privacy, he has no ability to consent to the filming...these aren't home movies that are being kept for "family viewing" these are vlogs that they are profiting off of. Now people will turn around well, the money that they are making will help their child down the line sure, that might be true, but it's not like their child had any say in it.

There are ways around of including the baby and keeping his privacy, but that would involve heavy editing which Jenn even after 10+ years of doing "it for a living" is at a Junior High level drag and drop editing ability at best.

There was one vlog where they pretty filmed the baby naked getting a bath at a hotel. While yes, parents may take pictures of their children in the bathtub, they aren't putting them on Instagram or Youtube to make $$$$.

Giving out his "real name" was one of their biggest mistakes...even if you believe the rumor that the name they call him by is really his middle name, you are still giving out information that really shouldn't have been revealed. Hell, you have some celebrities like Adam Savage of Mythbusters fame who never even revealed his childrens names just for the sake of keeping them out of the public eye/etc.

I just think they have handled this really really badly, especially if you remember the sob story Jenn wrote on twitter where she claimed people entered their double gated private community to harass them after they announced they were expecting. If that really did happen, wouldn't you go out of you way to protect the privacy and innocence of the "miracle baby" they were having?

I get your points 100%. It's why I say personally it would not be something I would do with my child. Just too risky with so many whackadoos out there. I still remember the Lindbergh baby story. - so incredibly sad. But again, I still say I don't feel they are exploiting him and it is ultimately their choice as his parents, not anyone else's. If there are repercussions for their choices, it will also be them who has to deal with it, not us.

I adore the creative videos people put out about Disney, not just Disney world but those around the globe. There is so much to see, but all these youtube people focus in on is what is new at Walt Disney World. They are too close to the picture that they're no longer creating an enjoyable overview.

Regarding people making a living off of it, whatever works, just keep the information proper, cause no harm and spread no lies. News channels are there for a reason, why not youtubers. Eventually the dust will settle as the gold rush dies down and the best shall remain.

TDC seems to be working toward restricting social media on property, not sure if anyone has seen the news about the signs near backstage. They are also producing more behind the scenes material than ever before. It may be that before long all social media will be run by Disney itself.

I am surprised they still have Jackson front and center. It was not that long ago they had to move due to privacy issues. I get it it's nice to say this hotel, restaurant or this ride is good for toddlers but after his infancy stage I would have tried to leave him out of videos. Honestly we dont watch many of his videos anymore because they are all staycations or home vlogs. My kids love rtv1 Friday live.
My ds14 likes Kyle Pallo

just to address some things.

Vloggers are basically hired by Disney, even if you don't realize they are. Disney like many big company's now use Influencer Marketing as part of their overall marketing plan. This means they will have a list of Vloggers and will give these Vloggers special access, previews , merchandise and other indirect payments. In return the Vloggers create content and distribute it on behalf of Disney.

That is why on the first day of a festival, on the opening day of a land or ride, on the first day new merchandise is available, on the first day new menu items in a restaurant etc. etc., the vloggers will be in the parks. Its their job to promote the new things on behalf of Disney.

There are also legal rules about influencer marketing, legally they have to declare if they were given something free, or if they were specifically invited to a preview event. They have to use words like partnership, sponsored , gifted etc.

Influencer Marketing is an industry term , go research it.

Vloggers are basically hired by Disney, even if you don't realize they are. Disney like many big company's now use Influencer Marketing as part of their overall marketing plan. This means they will have a list of Vloggers and will give these Vloggers special access, previews , merchandise and other indirect payments. In return the Vloggers create content and distribute it on behalf of Disney.

That is why on the first day of a festival, on the opening day of a land or ride, on the first day new merchandise is available, on the first day new menu items in a restaurant etc. etc., the vloggers will be in the parks. Its their job to promote the new things on behalf of Disney.

There are also legal rules about influencer marketing, legally they have to declare if they were given something free, or if they were specifically invited to a preview event. They have to use words like partnership, sponsored , gifted etc

The Trackers are awful at the bold. They don't disclose what was provided versus what wasn't. At the most you get Tim in the last 20 seconds of the vlog saying "Thanks for X for having us out"

I know in other countries outside the USA there are super strict regulations with regards to disclosing things like that.

There are also legal rules about influencer marketing, legally they have to declare if they were given something free, or if they were specifically invited to a preview event. They have to use words like partnership, sponsored , gifted etc.

I really need to ask where you got this information from. As far as I am aware none of the social media folk have a contract with Disney nor receive a paycheck from them. Only those on Disney's official platforms and under TDC name are employees and are restricted as to what they say. That's a far cry from being an employee.

The Trackers are awful at the bold. They don't disclose what was provided versus what wasn't. At the most you get Tim in the last 20 seconds of the vlog saying "Thanks for X for having us out"

I know in other countries outside the USA there are super strict regulations with regards to disclosing things like that.

Its the same here in Ireland, with the high profile beauty and lifestyle bloggers. They would be on the same earnings as the Trackers and they have had issues for years with the legal rules about disclosure. I've been to a few seminars held by The Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland about Influencer Marketing and each time, there is always a high profile blogger / vlogger who makes a scene about being told the legal obligations of disclosure. Basically its about taxable income, if its disclosed it must be declared for IRS. If they don't disclose that its a paid partnership then they imply that they paid for it out of pocket and therefore its not taxable income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter