Viva Italia Trip report 9/30-10-8,2007

Great report! It sounds like you were a hit the last night. I am so looking forward to our trip next September. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip.

scan0012.jpg

Disneytraveler,thanks for the great trip report and pictures. It is helping us get really psyched for the trip. We can't wait to go!:flower3: 3pirates,I'm excited you're going on the same trip and look forward to meeting you.kmcrosby, thanks for the advice, I think we are going to leave a few days early and try to give the kids time to adjust so they won't be so exhausted on the actual tour. Has anyone been to Sorrento or Positano? We were thinking some time on the coast might be a relaxing way to start.:upsidedow

Steve, you did a terrific job. It brought back great memories. All of you that are going on this tour next year will have a great time.
They are changing the hotels. I guess they were having pricing issues with the Exedra. It is very extravagent (sp?). I couldn't afford to stay there if it wasn't for the tour.:eek:
I was just kidding about Steve being the wild one. We all kept him under control:rotfl: He was a great addition to our group and I'm glad to know him. His magic trick was outstanding and i'm so glad he got the marionette. Steve i'll email you pics when my Steve helps me! I've got a few and of you that I will send, k?
I'm not very good at posting (I don't know how to put your quotes in here, ha ha) but to the ones that were concerned about too much shopping, don't worry. There is plenty for your family to do in each destination besides shopping. There were tons of museums, churches and tours to see. You don't have to shop. We just happened to be a lot of shop-a-holics!
Any questions, I can help too!

Ronny, we know you were kidding about Steve being wild....we just like to give him a hard time too. Haven't met him in person but have been posting with him for several months.....he's the sweetest person!

Thanks for taking such good care of him, and glad you had a great trip! Hope my experience is half as good as what it sounds like you all had!

Thanks Ronny!:) Oh and please send the pics when you have time.
And for the people going on this trip next year, there are many things to see
in Italy like Ronny said. From churches, museums,and tours . I really loved this vacation:love: :) .

Kept me under control :rotfl: I am glad they did though.
Thanks for the compliment Ronny! The entire group was fabulous! Glad to be traveling with you:)

Yes any questions just ask

Ronny, we know you were kidding about Steve being wild....we just like to give him a hard time too. Haven't met him in person but have been posting with him for several months.....he's the sweetest person!

Thanks for taking such good care of him, and glad you had a great trip! Hope my experience is half as good as what it sounds like you all had!

Aw:goodvibes Thanks 3P! And you will enjoy the trip.

It was the late evening and everyone was saying goodby in case miss each
other the next day. I was invited to join some of them at the bar . I ordered
a lemocello. I wanted to try one after learning about it. It was very good.
We talked for awhile and then headed to our rooms to pack.

My departure time from the hotel was not until 12pm. I had awhile to wait.
After breakfast, i bid farewell to Donna and Melinda . I watched them leave by water taxi. Since i had a few hours to go before i left, i took a walk around the city with some of the people. We bought gelato and then walked back to the hotel. While Ronny and her parents were waiting for their water taxi, i sat with them and had some coffee and we talked. Then it was their
time to leave:sad2:
I said goodby to my friends . I was alone but i passed the time away by walking in the hotel garden. There are some paths there. The time was getting pretty close to noon and i was getting nervous. Leo was not around yet. Then he appeared! He told me that he would not forget me. He asked me
what my favorite things of the trip were. Of course,Orvieto,The Villa,and some of the other things. It was now my turn to leave!:sad2:
I said goodby to Leo and thanked him for everything . I met Heidi at Venice
airport and she helped me to the terminal. She also asked me what my favorites were. It turns out just about everything. We hugged and said
goodby to each other. We both said 'Lets do this again" I was her last adventurer on this leg of the trip.

The end

Steve, what a great report! I felt sad reading about everyone's good-byes. I can't wait for our trip in June. Thanks for the vivid descriptions and pictures!:coffee:
Almost feels as if I'm already there.

Nice trip report, Steve! I am studying ancient Rome in Humanities right now and I'm so proud that I can totally recognize all the landmarks you're talking about instead of last semester I would have been clueless. :lmao: It sounds like you got to do a LOT of stuff! I never thought an ABD would be so involved but it sounds like SO much fun. Now I want to go on one! :thumbsup2

Nice trip report, Steve! I am studying ancient Rome in Humanities right now and I'm so proud that I can totally recognize all the landmarks you're talking about instead of last semester I would have been clueless. :lmao: It sounds like you got to do a LOT of stuff! I never thought an ABD would be so involved but it sounds like SO much fun. Now I want to go on one! :thumbsup2

Thanks Rachel!:goodvibes :)

I finally got over here to read your reports Steve. Sounds like a fabulous trip.

3 P...you're really going??? Your family is so lucky and they will have a trip they will never forget!

Steve,
Thank you so much for your wonderful report. It is making me so excited for our planned trip in 2009! I wondered if you were able to visit the Sistine Chapel when you toured the Vatican? I am wondering if we should add a day ahead of time to spend more time at the Vatican.

Steve,
Thank you so much for your wonderful report. It is making me so excited for our planned trip in 2009! I wondered if you were able to visit the Sistine Chapel when you toured the Vatican? I am wondering if we should add a day ahead of time to spend more time at the Vatican.

I think the day i was there it was being used for a wedding. The lights were on. As a matter of fact, after we left the Vatican the wedding party came out. The Vatican is wonderful. Some people on the tour did add a day before
to visit the Vatican .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter