Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I posted questions about Coppa I took the time to research it but had questions. Not one responded. Even the ones sprouting the need for it.

Belle, please note that individuals do have personal committments that do not allow us to always be on the board to comment. Give people ample time, when they are available and someone will answer your questions I am sure.

I want to address the concern in regards to sarcasm.

Please don't take this the wrong way, this is my view.

With the demise of VMK, we had a month to realize that we were losing, a good friend. We all deal with this differently. Some have accepted it, some are still in denial, and some are angry. Must I stress that as moderators we care about you all, can see each of you individually through your posts. Most posts of sarcasm are a result of inner anger at a previous post or an action that has occurred.

We do see posts that have sarcasm, but also take into account what could have brought it on. If it is continual sarcasm, we address it. If you are not happy with a certain individual’s comments, then place them on ignore. If the person is specifically targeting someone, report it, the mods will take action.

edit-double post for some weird reason, I swear I did not hit the submit button more then once this time:badpc:

Though now I can add this: maybe we should use purple as our font :goodvibes Pink tends to be so light against a white background :rotfl:

Bird Game tip: I think it is much better to take it sow and not make mistakes and don't put your mouse on a selection until u are sure..i have tried to change my mind but it was too late...i improved when i slowed down, read the choices thoroughly, and looked at the pictures to differentiate black throated from black headed lol...the woodpeckers really get me so i am going to come up with some tips on them...most have red on them so that is no help Good Luck and please share any associations u make too...the funnier the better

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

My only association: Sand Piper = Sand

I get that one right 100% of the time! :lmao:

I know.... how obvious.... but it's the only one I've really come to know! However, if I ever see a Sand Piper in real life that's not standing on sand, I'll be totally lost. :teeth:

Yup, beejer, that's how I get my scores of 28k also. I look for those clues. And
I have a good memory for the birds without clues.

Also:
-Pine creeping warbler is creeping down a pine tree
-Blue Mountain Warbler is actually a huge fat yellow bird rofl
-Scarlet Tanager is a black bird with a scarlet spot on its wing

etc just look for clues.

Also my high score in the fourth of july fireworks game is 9,429 :)

Shark? Are you taken? I so need a rich boy! :)

Blue Mountain Warbler = YELLOW bird :confused3

Hmmm... that's not an association that automatically pops into my mind...:rolleyes: How the heck do you remember that one? :confused3

There is an ignore button. Wow never knew that where is it found. How does it work. Like when I an reading posts does it mean that there post does not show up. Now sure what it mean.

Thanks big A. No I did not take offense to your post. About sarcasm. Just I think it is time that both sides stopped it. And Yes I mean many have, either posting critical or positives.

Myself included. I post a sarcastic note responding to another sarcastic note and so on and so on etc.

There is an ignore button. Wow never knew that where is it found. How does it work. Like when I an reading posts does it mean that there post does not show up. Now sure what it mean.

Thanks big A. No I did not take offense to your post. About sarcasm. Just I think it is time that both sides stopped it. And Yes I mean many have, either posting critical or positives.

Myself included. I post a sarcastic note responding to another sarcastic note and so on and so on etc.

Belle, I am the Queen of Ignore, (that's ignore, not ignorance, mind you) LOL! Click on a person's name, then click on their public profile. You have the choice to add them to your buddy list or add them to your ignore list. Woot!

You can still see that that particular person posted... but you can't read a word of what they wrote :teeth:

Everytime I start to think I remember the birds and finally score over 1000 the next game I come back with 100 lol. Also yellow birds should not be called blue anything that has gotten me enough times that you would think I could remember lol.

OK, mental note... always pick the yellow bird if the card says blue :thumbsup2

Are you all pulling my leg? :confused3

I am sorry if people do not like the way I moderate but I will be posting any opportunity I feel it necessary on the problems with this game

Since you know my position on this, perhaps you could ask vfk to start following coppa and have a secure login.

Then the problem would be resolved.

Hi awesomepatty-cake!
inconsistent scores were my problem too...one game would be 8000 and the next 300 but eventually they begin to stick...kind of like using flash cards to teach babies LOL now my low scores are 13,000...still get some warblers confused

Good Luck!!

OK - can we talk fireworks then? LOL. Is it the same as VMK...more points the closer it is to the end of the "flare"? And do you score better hitting the firework more dead-center rather than just catching the edge? Was trying to figure it out last night and was getting 10 or 20 points per explode...when I tried exploding early I got 8 points....anyone figure out the scoring yet?

Funny... when I read all the posts regarding the safety of the game and all the debates about the debating, etc. (not to say that these comments aren't warranted (from both sides of the fence)), I get irritated with the game as a whole and want to just forget it even exists. Then, I get to the posts where some people are actually talking minigame strategy and I actually want to sign on and play. Funny how that happens.

can't say i am good but i have tried different things and not certain what is best that is why i would like some feedback...i was using vmk strategy and waiting for one to turn to white star before exploding it...then i started hitting everything in site until one firework got to where it turned to white star...also if i have selected a certain shape, i click all that shape until a firework gets to top to explode...i think my top score was arounf 7800 so that is why i ask for tips

OK, It has been a long time since I have posted here, but if I can help some friends with the bird game, I'm in. I now average 22,000 - 28,000 a game. Here are a few basic tips:
1. For now there is a bug in the game where the last answer is never correct. Use this to your advantage on the first 2 levels to start learning the birds.
2. On the second game screen, I never try for the gas can down between the logs and rocks - I never need it.
3. Hit the gas cans straight on with the vehicle. Slow down a little if you have to.
4. When I remember the birds, I use something in the picture to associate with a word in it's name. ie. titmouse birds usually have a bird "hanging" upside-downish with its little head up in the air. Bonaparte's something or other has a large pinkish flower.
5. Warblers usually have a black mark of some kind around their eyes.
6. Use berries or flowers to associate birds with their names.
Some people have said they are having trouble seeing where the bird shadows are on the screen. There are 5 positions on each level where you can click on a bird. I circled them below.

AWA1.jpg

AWA2.jpg

AWA3.jpg

AWA4.jpg

I am working on a comprehensive little guide to the birds, but have had to work on it in little spurts, so it may be a while. I can tell you the more you play, the easier the birds are to remember.

Hugs and good luck! :hug:

I just love the music in fireworks. Really fits to when you click them. Unfortunately my computer does not like it. I can hardly move my mouse by the second level and changes fire words keys it like waiting to paint to dry. I never did well at fireworks but it is a nice change from birds and the music is so cool especially ending with the 1812 overture:thumbsup2

Any suggestions on what to do. Oh yeah I run Vista the major computer memory hog that it is :(

As for bird tips. I try and remember something that stand out like hemlocks look like green spade in cards. Or if there is something bright like in kentucky something it has an orange flower. Odd thing in the picture that you remember.

Has everyone learned for every magic yet :) come see me I will show you this bug that for now makes five star look like it is just a spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter