Virgin flight VS27

Dad2Buzz

Mouseketeer
Hi guys, does Gatwick flight VS27 always depart from the South Terminal?

Looking to book a hotel at Gatwick for night before fairly early departure. Anyone got any recommendations? thanks :)

Yes, Virgin flights to Orlando always depart from South Terminal at Gatwick

Personally, although it's right outside the North Terminal, I would opt for the Premier Inn. We really enjoyed our stay there last year and it is a quick journey on the monorail to the South Terminal for your flight.

The alternative would be the Hilton, which is actually located inside the terminal, however it is pricey and the last couple of times we have found it to be noisy too. Plus, the walk from the hotel to the departure area is probably no quicker than catching the monrail from the North Terminal. The advantage of the Hilton is that you can use clubcard vouchers to book just one night there, B&B, which can work out a good deal if you have vouchers to use up.

I agree,we have booked the Premier Inn outside the north terminal on a couple of occasions. It's right outside the North terminal but it's only a few mins ride on the monorail to the south terminal. It's my favourite as it's clean and comfy and usually has a good breakfast deal (can add dinner too for a reasonable price)

We have stayed at the Hilton a few times and whilst it's nice enough It's often very expensive (especially if you need a family room like we do)

Another one we have stayed at is the Marriott courtyard by the south terminal.last time I found it for £60 with breakfast which was the best deal I could find. It's about 5-10min walk to the main terminal (easy enough walk and good pathways but outside so if it's raining it can be a pain).

Yes, Virgin flights to Orlando always depart from South Terminal at Gatwick Personally, although it's right outside the North Terminal, I would opt for the Premier Inn. We really enjoyed our stay there last year and it is a quick journey on the monorail to the South Terminal for your flight. The alternative would be the Hilton, which is actually located inside the terminal, however it is pricey and the last couple of times we have found it to be noisy too. Plus, the walk from the hotel to the departure area is probably no quicker than catching the monrail from the North Terminal. The advantage of the Hilton is that you can use clubcard vouchers to book just one night there, B&B, which can work out a good deal if you have vouchers to use up.

Totally agree the Hilton is in a great location but is expensive and noisy. Premier inns are great value airport hotels we use them at both Gatwick and Heathrow. Can't beat them for value for Money.

I've stayed at both the Sofitel and HIlton - (Sofitel is worth it as it's just a short monorail ride from the terminal). If you can get it for a reasonable price they're both good stays and they're available through cashback sites as well for more of a discount. A friend of mine is a Premier Inn fan,which is also a good stay.

1F

I have stayed at the Premier Inn, Sofitel and Yotel at LGW in the past 2 years.

Everything around there is easy to get to so I would not put much weight on it being North or South terminal as the monorail takes no time at all.

Premier Inn win in terms of best place, it doesn't cost the earth, rooms are very comfortable and the restaurant for dinner/breakfast was great.. Consider the inclusive food deal when booking. Very good window glazing when staying in a room with a monorail view.

Sofitel was a nice room but again a monorail view and the sound proofing wasn't so good so we could hear it whizzing backwards and forwards every 5 minutes. It was much more expensive than the Premier Inn. We wen't looking for anything fancy and I think the hotel is trying to be fancy but fails.

Yotel Stayed here for a few hours between arriving back at LGW and getting picked up. It was small as advertised, clean but it's more a novelty than anything else.. Bed was high and hard.. No air conditioning and the room was very hot and stuffy. About the same price for the Yotel as the Premier Inn.

Hope this helps a little. Booked up for the Premier Inn already for our next WDW trip in September!

The Premier Inn is good especially if you can get in a sale.

Better still, is if you can get 2 rooms at The Sofitel for free including full breakfast with Holiday Extras and their 'Free If' deals :goodvibes

The premier inn is a good hotel - there is also a rumor that BA and Virgin are going to do a terminal swap either end of this year or sometime next year, its all to do with Easyjet getting so bit they need the extra space in the North Terminal.

The premier inn is a good hotel - there is also a rumor that BA and Virgin are going to do a terminal swap either end of this year or sometime next year, its all to do with Easyjet getting so bit they need the extra space in the North Terminal.

I read that will be taking place but due to how much planning is involved it's likely to be Late 2016. Quite suits me actually as we most often fly Virgin and the North terminal is our hotel preference :)

They have already announced that Easyjet are going to be operating completely from the North Terminal from next year and BA are moving to the south.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter